It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 12:00 am

Lesnar's Summerslam Opponent

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Lesnar's Summerslam Opponent

Postby Hanley! » Jul 07, '16, 10:29 am

Is Randy Fucking Orton.

How could anyone possibly care?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: Lesnar's Summerslam Opponent

Postby SlightlyJames » Jul 07, '16, 10:31 am

Hanley! wrote:Is Randy Fucking Orton.

How could anyone possibly care?

I care, because unlike the majority of Lesnar's recent opponents, Orton may be considered legitimate enough to be something other than a suplex ragdoll for the entire match. So we might actually get a match worth watching which is a rare thing with Brock's current booking.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby Hanley! » Jul 07, '16, 10:48 am

SlightlyJames wrote:I care, because unlike the majority of Lesnar's recent opponents, Orton may be considered legitimate enough to be something other than a suplex ragdoll for the entire match. So we might actually get a match worth watching which is a rare thing with Brock's current booking.

That's basically the match Lesnar had with both Roman Reigns and John Cena. Both of whom have to be considered more legitimate than an ice cold Randy Orton, who hasn't excited anyone in years, and who hasn't been on television to build a character for himself in the last eight months.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Jul 07, '16, 10:56 am

I would be interested in seeing the actual match. I don't see how they could have an actual feud with any story of note, but the match will be good. The funny part is that Orton hasn't even been 100% cleared to wrestle this match. He went down to Florida this week to train. Considering how long he was injured, that is some serious ring rust. Can you only imagine a guy who just had an injury, that took him out for 10 months, wrestle Brock fucking Lesnar!?

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 07, '16, 11:04 am

I'm looking forward to this. It'll be interesting to see how Orton's viper character can match up to Lesnar, and I'd rather Brock beat him than some up-and-comer. If Brock gets smashed at UFC 200, perhaps they'll use that to tone him down a bit and make it a more even playing field for Orton.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 07, '16, 12:51 pm

I'm interested in it as well. Orton has been gone for like a good 8-9 months by Summerslam, he's a "star" who to my knowledge hasn't faced Brock, certainly not since early in their careers if they did. They were both breakout stars of the OVW system along with Cena and Batista, so that past could be brought up.

Really who else is big enough that they would give him the Lesnar match at Summerslam? Reigns/Cena/Ambrose/Rollins? I mean they could have good matches but those are all well worn territory now for Brock.

My biggest concern is Orton coming off shoulder surgery and getting ragdolled with germans by Brock. He might be right back on the shelf.

This whole match might not even happen after UFC 200 anyway :P

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 07, '16, 7:52 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:This whole match might not even happen after UFC 200 anyway :P

Because Brock will win the fight and increase his power level to the point where he will be able to obliterate Orton without making any physical contact.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Jul 10, '16, 10:37 am

I'm floored that people care about this at all.

It'll likely be a pretty decent match, because both guys are very good workers. But Orton has been our dullest main eventer for the last several years. There's just so little to him. It seems pretty obvious that Lesnar will win, because why waste a rare Lesnar loss on someone like Orton? He's not one of their biggest past stars, but also clearly not the future of the company. Neither of them are great at hyping up their matches, not that it matters because who knows how much they'll actually be on television to do so.

The way it's been announced is just strange to me. There's no story reason, there's been no build up to it. We've just heard that this is happening out of the blue. The match is just happening for the spectacle of watching these stars face off against each other. And given that's not the way WWE usually present these matches, it just feels like they should save announcements like this for bigger stars than Orton.

Maybe the match will be great and I'll get pulled in while watching it, but I can't see any reason to get excited about it. For me, this doesn't feel like a match that moves the needle at all, and that's obviously what they're going for. But I could be proven wrong.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 10, '16, 12:37 pm

I don't like the way they announced it either, but the reasoning behind it is that WWE wanted to make the match official before Lesnar fought at UFC 200. And Lesnar has been saying he'll go on to face Orton at Summerslam in his post-fight interviews.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jul 10, '16, 3:33 pm

I would not mind seeing a legend killer type of story with this. Orton wants to kill the legend before he can become a legend

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby War Daddy » Jul 10, '16, 8:35 pm

Orton's gonna die fam.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 10, '16, 8:47 pm

It would be awesome if Orton brought back the Punt, and it still wouldn't be enough to put away Lesnar.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jul 11, '16, 6:51 am

KaiserGlider wrote:It would be awesome if Orton brought back the Punt, and it still wouldn't be enough to put away Lesnar.

Then cena comes out and gives the AA, followed by a superman punch from reigns but lesner just gets up and rapes all three of them prison style with paul hayman laughing on the apron

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby DBSoT » Jul 11, '16, 7:24 am

KaiserGlider wrote:It would be awesome if Orton brought back the Punt, and it still wouldn't be enough to put away Lesnar.
I actually think the punt is how they are going to protect Orton to a degree. Orton and Lesnar will have a back and forth match with near falls, but then Orton realizes that the punt is the only way to take Lesnar out. Heyman jumps in front of Orton to stop him and takes an RKO. Lesnar gets up while Orton is distracted and hits the F5 for the win. Bing bang boom. Lesnar wins and Orton looks like he was one kick away.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Return to WWE