It is currently: May 11, '24, 10:23 am

Seth Rollins Is Your NEW World Heavyweight Champion (MITB)

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Seth Rollins Is Your NEW World Heavyweight Champion (MITB)

Postby Kreashko » Jun 19, '16, 9:38 pm

– New WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins def. Roman Reigns: The two former Shield members trade holds and takedowns in the opening minutes, and Roman seems to get the upper hand until Rollins sends him to the outside with a dropkick and a knee to the back. Rollins dives through the middle ropes onto Roman at ringside, then hits a couple running elbows on him back in the ring. Roman comes back with a Samoan drop, and after several minutes of offense he hits a tilt-a-whirl powerslam for a near-fall.

Rollins tries to mount a comeback, but Reigns sits him on the top rope and sends him to the outside with a right hand. Cole and JBL keep saying this is a “new Roman Reigns,” as Reigns and Rollins brawl around ringside. Back in the ring, Reigns hits a Razor’s Edge into a powerbomb on Rollins for another near-fall. Rollins gets up and sends Reigns to the outside, and follows up with a successful dive through the middle ropes onto him, and then connects with a suicide dive over the top rope onto the Champ.

Back in the ring, he hits the slingblade for a 2 count on Reigns. Rollins goes for the Pedigree, but Reigns gets out and hits the Superman punch for a 2-count. Rollins hits a series of kicks and knees to Reigns, then a frog splash off the top for another 2-count. Rollins hits a turnbuckle powerbomb and a superkick for another near-fall. Rollins hits a few forearm shots in the corner, then takes things to the top rope. Rollins superplexes Reigns off the top rope and rolls into a Falcon Arrow, he pins and gets another 2-count. Reigns gets out of a Pedigree attempt and hits a sit out powerbomb for a 2-count.

They trade blows in the middle of the ring until Rollins powerbombs Reigns into the corner, but Reigns no-sells it and Superman punches him. Rollins kicks out at 2. They take things to the outside and Reigns misses a spear, crashing through the fan barricade by himself. A doctor comes out to check on Reigns. Rollins takes things back in the ring and there’s a ref bump, which leads to Reigns only getting a 2-count for a spear. Reigns goes for another spear, but Rollins jumps and catches him in mid-air with a Pedigree for a 2-count. Rollins hits another Pedigree for the win.

- Full Results: SEScoops.com

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 45

Re: Seth Rollins Is Your NEW World Heavyweight Champion (MITB)

Postby KaiserGlider » Jun 20, '16, 12:03 am

I can't BALEE DAT they had Rollins beat Reigns clean.

Spear-into-Pedigree counter was sick, I don't think I've ever seen that before. All in all, probably my match of the night. It exceeded my expectations and proved why Rollins deserves that spot. As for Reigns, I think he's really come into his own since Wrestlemania in terms of character. The cockiness and smugness mixed with displays of power at the start of the match... if you think of him as a heel instead of as a babyface, he's good at what he does.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 472

Return to WWE