It is currently: May 07, '24, 10:46 pm

Which former superstars should WWE bring back for two brands?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Which former superstars should WWE bring back for two brands?

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 18, '16, 8:15 am

So Meltzer says this...

So it's easy to see this as bad news, but they do need some more depth and they're not bringing up 20 NXT guys at once. Could this be the rumoured for years returns of guys like Carlito, Shelton Benjamin and MVP?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: Which former superstars should WWE bring back for two brands?

Postby Hanley! » Jun 18, '16, 8:32 am

I'd prefer to see some guys like that who they missed the boat on, rather than bringing back bigger stars, but who are also older and who have less to prove. I like the idea of a new era, even if I don't like hearing them repeating the words ad nauseum throughout every show. Bringing back loads of old stars from the 90s isn't going to get fans to think of this as a new era.

Guys like Benjamin and MVP could be a good fit right now. And maybe some guys like Chris Masters, who wasn't ready back when he first debuted, but has a little name value and now has some talent to go along with it.

Really though, I'd prefer they just bring in more talent. They've already been scouring the indies and New Japan for talented performers to use on NXT. They're doing this Cruiserweight Classic tournament and working with EVOLVE. These are all positive steps. But I think they could do more with some of this talent. They could sign more people to NXT full time, or even bring them straight to the main roster if they're a big enough star or if they fill a pressing need.

There's a good chance these guys would cost less to bring in than the older names, and they'd further the agenda of the new WWE era. And I could be wrong here, but I think we've reached a point where an influx of new talent might be more exciting to even the casual viewer than an influx of guys who've been and gone.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Jun 18, '16, 8:34 am

When is TNA finally going to fold? One would think a lot of TNA talent could make its way to WWE. Heck, a lot already has.

I'd be down for seeing a brief "last ride" for Kurt Angle, but otherwise I agree with Hanley, most of the guys I'd want to see back if we're bringing back older people are ones that left with untapped potential.

Oh and CM Punk.

But I bet it's only a matter of time until we see the Hardys, for example.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby War Daddy » Jun 18, '16, 9:09 am

Bring back the Spirit Squad!

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 18, '16, 9:13 am

War Daddy wrote:Bring back the Spirit Squad!

That might be a step up from what Dolph is doing now :P

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 18, '16, 9:34 am

If I was gonna pick one guy to bring back it'd be Drew McIntyre. Dude's been on fire for the past couple of years and he's improved immensely from when he left WWE (though being in 3MB was hardly the best showcase of his talents in the first place). I'd love to see him back.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Hanley! » Jun 18, '16, 9:50 am

Everlong wrote:When is TNA finally going to fold? One would think a lot of TNA talent could make its way to WWE. Heck, a lot already has.

TNA has very little star power left though. Raiding Ring of Honor would almost get WWE more high profile talent at this point. They have the Hardy Boys and Lashley, and they've turned Drew McIntyre and particularly EC3 into stars of their own right, but they don't really have anyone else that I can think of that would make a difference.

Angle has already left the company, though if there is one guy that would make a difference for WWE if only for one big show or two, it would be Kurt Angle.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Jun 18, '16, 10:16 am

I am with @SlightlyJames. Drew McIntyre had so much potential and dropped way to early. Last I heard he was main eventing TNA, so I would doubt he comes back. Angle sounds good in theory, but I really do fear he would be doing it at the expense of his health. Jeff Hardy, sure, Matt Hardy, No thanks. Goldberg just wouldn't work in this era. I know people would pop initially, but we are in an era where we see great wrestling matches weekly. Goldberg couldn't wrestle in his prime, so I doubt he can now after a very long layoff. I loved Shelton and Haas, but with American Alpha what really can they do. Granted a feud between the two would amazing.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby JPG619 » Jun 19, '16, 3:18 pm

I don't think they will have problems filling the roster for both brands, all it means they will have more tv time for wrestlers that haven't gotten a lot of air time. Also they can use Superstars and Main Event as a cross overs shows to have matches with guys on the different show.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby EmperorWu » Jun 19, '16, 5:04 pm

I don't give the slightest shit about the rosters. What are they going to do about creative? They can't even do one show right most of the time. They need to seriously restructure the whole department. I feel like they depend too much on feeding new talent in. Even though everyone knows creative often kills anyone who was actually managing to get themselves over without being one of the chosen few. I think better creative is far more important than better talent right now. They have a bunch of solid people already. A great talent can make bad creative work, sometimes. But great creative can make an average talent get over.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby GameDesigner14 » Jun 19, '16, 5:36 pm

Kurt Angle and CM Punk would be two I would like to see back.

GameDesigner14 Female
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 28

Return to WWE