It is currently: Apr 19, '24, 5:10 pm

2016 WWE Mock Draft

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Which Show is Better?

RAW
50%
Smackdown
50%

Total votes : 2

Re: 2016 WWE Mock Draft

Postby Hanley! » Jul 15, '16, 4:21 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:I would rank both Rollins and Ambrose ahead of Styles in star power, at least in WWE's eyes. You could probably argue it either way in reality.

Also it's hilarious that both Reigns and Cena are on SD in this, because I think there's virtually zero chance that happens in real life. I'm almost 100% sure they'll be on opposite shows.

I'd agree with Rollins, but despite being champion right now, I haven't seen much star power from Ambrose since he left the Shield. I'd say that Cena and Lesnar are the biggest stars in the company right now by far. Reigns and Rollins would be behind them.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jul 15, '16, 5:43 pm

Raw - Bray Wyatt
SD - Neville

Next @KaiserGlider

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 98

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 15, '16, 11:28 pm

Draft pick #7 for RAW - SHINSKE NAKAMURA

The eccentric NJPW legend heads to Monday nights to even things up on the babyface side. Though Nakamura isn't Paul Heyman on the mic, his greatest strength is his ability to draw people in with his character while he's wrestling, and I think the Raw audiences will take to him pretty quickly because of that. Possibly pairing him early in feuds with guys like Rusev, Owens, and Rollins should help him get over because we know all those guys have the talent to carry a good feud by themselves. Nakumura is a loose cannon in the sense that I really don't know how they would actually use a unique character like his on the main roster. I just have a gut feeling that turning him loose on the WWE's flagship show could lead to interesting things.

Draft pick #7 for SMACKDOWN - SAMI ZAYN

Let's face it, the only way this Owens/Zayn feud can ever conceivably end (or be postponed) is if the two of them are on separate shows. Smackdown would be a fitting choice for Zayn regardless, and he can have killer matches and rematches there with the likes of Styles and Neville.

You're up, @Str8Shooter. GO OFF.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Hanley! » Jul 16, '16, 6:58 am

KaiserGlider wrote:Draft pick #7 for RAW - SHINSKE NAKAMURA

The eccentric NJPW legend heads to Monday nights to even things up on the babyface side. Though Nakamura isn't Paul Heyman on the mic, his greatest strength is his ability to draw people in with his character while he's wrestling, and I think the Raw audiences will take to him pretty quickly because of that. Possibly pairing him early in feuds with guys like Rusev, Owens, and Rollins should help him get over because we know all those guys have the talent to carry a good feud by themselves. Nakumura is a loose cannon in the sense that I really don't know how they would actually use a unique character like his on the main roster. I just have a gut feeling that turning him loose on the WWE's flagship show could lead to interesting things.

Draft pick #7 for SMACKDOWN - SAMI ZAYN

Let's face it, the only way this Owens/Zayn feud can ever conceivably end (or be postponed) is if the two of them are on separate shows. Smackdown would be a fitting choice for Zayn regardless, and he can have killer matches and rematches there with the likes of Styles and Neville.

You're up, @Str8Shooter. GO OFF.

I literally wanted to make these exact picks for my turn, but realised that Brock and Charlotte needed to be drafted early so I went with them instead. But yeah, Nakamura should be drafted early enough to show he's a star in the making and Zayn is a perfect fit for Smackdown and should be kept separate to Owens. Good show, sir.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 16, '16, 8:15 am

Draft Pick #8 for RAW : Randy Orton!!

I was surprised Orton wasn't gone yet to be honest. I think people have been going for a lot of the "New Era" guys, which is fine. But Orton still has value to me. He's not even 40 yet, he's younger than Cena. Plus he still has that name value that is still important, especially with a brand split where "stars" are at a premium right now. He'll fit in just fine on Raw where he can battle guys like Owens, Rollins, and even Nakamura.

Draft Pick #8 for Smackdown : Sasha Banks!!

Charlotte is the only woman taken for far, and with Smackdown getting the Women's division and smaller rosters, this could be the time for the women to take another step forward in WWE. Charlotte needs an opponent and there's no better choice right now than for "The Boss". They can continue the feud going on now for the next few months through Summerslam and can get some time to shine on the blue brand.

@DBSoT is on the clock for #9!

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Jul 17, '16, 1:31 am

Raw: Sheamus
Smackdown: Chris Jericho

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Postby DBSoT » Jul 17, '16, 1:33 am

@The Legend Your Up

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Jul 17, '16, 8:08 pm

RAW 10 - Enzo Amore & Big Cass
SD 10 - Cesaro

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 17, '16, 8:24 pm

@Hanley! is on the clock.

I would suggest to Steve that a certain trio he's not too fond of is perhaps shockingly still available here :P

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 17, '16, 10:06 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:@Hanley! is on the clock.

I would suggest to Steve that a certain trio he's not too fond of is perhaps shockingly still available here :P

It's futile, Brett. Hanley is immune to the Power of Positivity.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Hanley! » Jul 18, '16, 10:56 am

Draft Pick #11 for RAW : American Alpha!!

If the tag team scene is on Raw, then these guys need to be at the top of that division. They come off as huge stars on NXT and that's how they should be treated on the main roster. Drafting them late would be to undervalue them.

Draft Pick #11 for Smackdown : Bayley!!

After Charlotte and Sasha, there are no female stars that should be a higher priority than Bayley, who should do great on the main roster. Really looking forward to seeing her debut.

@Westcoastvibes, get her done son.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Jul 18, '16, 11:00 am

I won't have time to draft at #13 before the draft actually happens. If someone wants to take my spot after the 12th picks are made that's fine.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 18, '16, 11:08 am

The Legend wrote:I won't have time to draft at #13 before the draft actually happens. If someone wants to take my spot after the 12th picks are made that's fine.

I'll take 'em!! :tim

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby DBSoT » Jul 18, '16, 12:55 pm

Just to recap. The people left to select are in the following order:

#12 - @Westcoastvibes - Currently up to select
#13 - @Str8Shooter
#14 - Me
#15 - @Ali

I would also like to thank whoever is updating the original post while I have been away.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jul 19, '16, 6:48 am

Raw gets Bubba ray - steph says she does not want devon
SD gets paige

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby DBSoT » Jul 19, '16, 7:15 am

**Updated** If @Str8Shooter doesn't pick by 4pm EST (3pm in Winnipeg), I will make the pick. That way we make sure to meet the draft deadline tonight.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 19, '16, 7:26 am

The 13th Pick for Raw:..... The New Day!!!!

A no brainer, I'm still stunned they lasted this long. Three guys who are over huge, can talk, and can wrestle, what's not to like? They still have legs as a group I believe, and eventually if and when they do split there's a built in feud. Plus I get three guys for the price of one! And they're the tag champs.

The 13th Pick for Smackdown:....... Finn Balor!!

I'm a bit surprised he's still available too given I think he's the biggest NXT lock to be drafted for real. Four NXT people have been taken ahead of him here. He's been hyped as a guy who should be a big main roster guy for a long time now, it's time to find out. I feel like getting his feet wet on Smackdown will be a good fit, he'll be able to grow on the mic which is his weakness with more reps on SD probably.

@DBSoT, who's #14!!??

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby DBSoT » Jul 19, '16, 7:52 am

Quick, well done @Str8Shooter

Raw #14: Zack Ryder - He has been given a renew push and does have a title match with Rusev at Battleground

SD #14: Bobby Roode This may seem like an odd pick, but hear me out. I find it weird that Roode has been signed with WWE for a few months now, but hasn't debuted on NXT. He has worked NXT house shows, but not the tapings. I expect that they are keeping him in wrestling shape, for a main roster move. Skipping NXT makes sense considering his age and status. Now if him and Aries both move up, than I want the Dirty Heels. Make it happen Vince, you old coot!

@Ali, finish it off, brother.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Ali » Jul 19, '16, 11:01 am

Apollo Crews can be a star. I think putting him on the A show will be a big deal, giving him a lot of exposure against good talents. I think he'll be put into a program for the US Title soon.

And to finish off the draft...

THA DRAFT IS FULL OF SURPRISES, MAGGLE!

Do I actually expect this to happen? Well, the draft is a perfect place to put in shocking returns, and MVP is a name that has circulated on and off as a return candidate. I think closing the draft with a return adds that X Factor to things.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 19, '16, 11:56 am

Lmao @ MVP! Well done!

So your final Raw and Smackdown mock draft rosters:

RAW:

Seth Rollins
Dean Ambrose (WWE Champion)
Kevin Owens
Rusev (US Champion)
Brock Lesnar
Bray Wyatt
Shinsuke Nakamura (NXT)
Randy Orton
Sheamus
Enzo & Cass
American Alpha (NXT)
Bubba Ray Dudley
The New Day (WWE Tag Team Champions)
Zack Ryder
Apollo Crews

Smackdown:

John Cena
AJ Styles
Roman Reigns
The Miz (WWE Intercontinental Champion)
Charlotte (WWE Womens Champion)
Neville
Sami Zayn
Sasha Banks
Chris Jericho
Cesaro
Bayley (NXT)
Paige
Finn Balor (NXT)
Bobby Roode (NXT)
MVP (Outside WWE)

Notable people not selected:

Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows
Alberto Del Rio
Baron Corbin
Becky Lynch
Big Show
Kane
Braun Stroman & Erick Rowan
Dolph Ziggler
Darren Young
Titus O'Neil
The Usos
Kalisto

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PreviousNext

Return to WWE