It is currently: Apr 24, '24, 9:52 pm

2016 WWE Mock Draft

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Which Show is Better?

RAW
50%
Smackdown
50%

Total votes : 2

Re: 2016 WWE Mock Draft

Postby DBSoT » Jun 18, '16, 10:18 pm

Tag Teams count as one pick. No need to split them up. If one of the guys in the team gets drafted than you still get credit.

NXT is not exempt. Pick them if you like.

In terms of points:
1 point if you guess the right show a wrestlers ends up on.
2 points if you get the correct draft spot and show.
1 extra point if you get both your picks right.

So you can get up to 5 points.

This is assuming that WWE makes these picks like a normal draft. If they just make it random, than points will be for getting the show right.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Postby DBSoT » Jun 20, '16, 9:17 am

Ok, so I added myself to 2 more spot. We are still 8 spots short.

Anyone else interested? @Everlong, @The Legend, @Vaderbomb, @prophet, @PorkChop, @Viazon

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Jun 20, '16, 10:54 am

I'll join but my picks will be uninformed. i'll do the best I can though.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Jun 20, '16, 11:49 am

Go on, I'll take #11 too.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Jun 20, '16, 12:11 pm

Everlong wrote:I'll join but my picks will be uninformed. i'll do the best I can though.
Most WWE decision are uniformed and nonsensical, you should fit right in. Also in all honesty, at the spot you would be picking, it is a total crapshoot.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Jun 20, '16, 4:38 pm

I'll take lucky #13.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby DBSoT » Jun 20, '16, 5:27 pm

The Legend wrote:I'll take lucky #13.
I gave you #13 and #18. Just to fill out the list a bit more.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Jun 24, '16, 8:16 am

So it was becoming obvious that we were not going to get all 20 spots filled, so I reduced it to 15. I moved around a few people's picks as well. Please take a look at the list and see if you were moved. I believe the only people who are different are me, @The Legend and @Ali. They were picking after #15. I also changed it so that no one was making 4 straight picks. Picks will begin starting Monday June 27th. with Ali. Once Ali picks than Str8shooter will have 24 hours to make his picks.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 24, '16, 11:36 am

I would have joined but I don't know how this game works.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Ali » Jun 26, '16, 4:49 pm

I’ve made handy PhotoShop templates for my picks. If you want to use them, download the PSD files here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2aHto ... sp=sharing

Just put your wrestler in the Wrestler Pic layer. Hope this works!

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby Ali » Jun 27, '16, 8:30 pm

I'm making my picks.

Okay, I am going to approach this draft as “Realistically” as possible. With that in mind, I do have a one rule I am imposing on myself, and I would prefer it if future picks followed this guideline, but I understand if you choose not to. So, what is this restriction?

The WWE World Heavyweight, Women’s, and Tag Team Champions are NOT assigned to a brand. They defend on both brands, and should they lose, they replace the new champion on his former brand.

Also, considering that Roman Reigns is suspended until AFTER the date of the Draft, he will not be drafted.

Also, I’ve made handy PhotoShop templates for my picks. If you want to use them, download the PSD links here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2aHt ... mpsNnQxYjg

Just put your wrestler in the Wrestler Pic layer. On with the draft!

And my number one pick for RAW is…

SETH ROLLINS.

Seth Rollins is a perfect pick for RAW, having been a WWE World Heavyweight Champion and the hand-picked champion of The Authority. With Dean Ambrose holding the title and Roman Reigns suspended, Rollins is the obvious #1 pick. Confidentially, it would’ve been Reigns to give the brand a “Top Face” in WWE’s mind, but since he’s out, and he’s barely cheered anyway, a Top Heel is just as good. Rollins is an excellent foundation for any brand to start off with.

Moving on to SmackDown, there’s only one person who can kick off the blue brand…

AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA!

Yes, with one complaint of WWE in recent years being their lack of star power, the new split needs to have someone that can sell SmackDown. And, like him or not, John Cena is still probably the biggest and most recognizable name on the WWE’s main roster. Cena brings a legitimate Star Quality to SmackDown, which is something that is most definitely needed. There are plenty of GOOD wrestlers on the roster, but if you don’t want SmackDown to just be “the other show”, you need a name that will get the average joe to watch. Cena is that guy.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 13, '16, 4:44 pm

I'm only about 2 weeks late for my spot :lol , I forgot all about this. Hopefully people will be sharper than me and we can get this done in the next few days.

No time for fancy graphics, here's my picks.

#2 Pick to Monday Night Raw!!.................

DEAN AMBROSE: : I could have gone with Reigns here but I'm going Ambrose for several reasons. He's the WWE Champ right now so the belt automatically goes to Raw. And two, his promo from Raw reminded me how good he can be if they allow him to not always be goofball Dean. Also, he has great chemistry with Rollins, better than Reigns in my opinion,

#2 Pick to Smackdown Live!!!.........................

AJ STYLES : I could have gone with Reigns here too but screw it. AJ has been Phenomenal lately in every sense. He's never having a bad match on your show, his charisma and mic skills have really shone through since the heel turn and he can easily be counted on to help carry a show at this point.

@SlightlyJames is on deck for #2!!

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Jul 13, '16, 6:33 pm

OP updated with picks.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jul 14, '16, 6:22 pm

Im thinking a reminder could have helped

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby SlightlyJames » Jul 14, '16, 11:21 pm

My turn? Alright.

Pick 3 for Raw: Kevin Owens
Kev is the kind of guy who is going to thrive under the brand split. He's one of the top heels in the company already and with the more lean exclusive rosters of each show he'll naturally move up into the main event. I expect regardless of which show he ends up on he'll be a top guy, the reason I've put him on Raw is because I deliberately wanted the other guy on Smackdown.

Pick 3 for Smackdown: Roman Reigns
After Dean and Seth got drafted to Raw right away I wanted to be certain that Roman went to Smackdown. We're about to have a Shield triple threat just over a week from now but we know how WWE likes to do matches to death, if this is going to happen now I don't want to see it again for a long while, until the time is right and with enough build/special circumstances to warrant the crossover.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 15, '16, 7:34 am

@DBSoT in on the clock.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby DBSoT » Jul 15, '16, 7:54 am

*Updated* Raw: Rusev
- From a Kayfabe perspective, it makes a ton of sense to draft title holders early and you will see that theme with my picks. I was tough deciding whether I should put the US title on Raw or Smackdown, but ultimately it was feud dependent. Rusev is currently feuding with guys like Ryder, Titus O'Neil, etc. These are all guys that I expect to stay on Raw and compete in the mid-card. @SlightlyJames sort of screwed up my plans a bit, by putting Owens on Raw. It limits Rusev's ability to hit the main event and gives Raw 3 great heels.

Smackdown: The Miz
- Similar to Rusev, this pick is fued dependent. I expect Miz to feud with the likes of Sami Zayn, Cesaro, Darren Young, etc. These are all guys that I expect to see on Smackdown. This is also great for Miz because he can have an opportunity to move up into the main event again without the other top heels jumping him.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Jul 15, '16, 9:32 am

@Hanley! Your up

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Jul 15, '16, 2:41 pm

RAW PICK #5: BROCK LESNAR

I didn't really want to pick Brock, but it's unrealistic that he hasn't been picked at this stage. As the big specialty attraction, Raw makes more sense for Lesnar for the time being. Besides, we've somehow drafted Cena and Reigns and Styles all too Smackdown, so Raw needs the star power.

SMACKDOWN PICK #5: CHARLOTTE

I'd be in favour of having the women's division on Smackdown and the tag division on Raw. It won't necessarily play out that way here, and it almost certainly won't happen that way on the actual show. But it's what I'd prefer. The longer Raw show needs more active wrestlers, so putting the tag teams there is practical. Anyway, I don't think they can act like their female performers are important now and yet only start drafting them when all the decent male performers have already been drafted. So picking the women's champion at this stage makes sense.

@Westcoastvibes

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 15, '16, 3:04 pm

Hanley! wrote:Besides, we've somehow drafted Cena and Reigns and Styles all too Smackdown, so Raw needs the star power.

I would rank both Rollins and Ambrose ahead of Styles in star power, at least in WWE's eyes. You could probably argue it either way in reality.

Also it's hilarious that both Reigns and Cena are on SD in this, because I think there's virtually zero chance that happens in real life. I'm almost 100% sure they'll be on opposite shows.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PreviousNext

Return to WWE