It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 8:57 am

Eric Young has made his debut on NXT

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Eric Young has made his debut on NXT

Postby Hanley! » Apr 28, '16, 6:18 pm

Apparently Young just appeared at a set of NXT tapings. Rumour at the moment is that he challenged Joe to a title shot. There's pictures of them in the ring together floating around anyway, but I'm sure we'll find out exactly what happened over the coming days.

I'm glad he's with NXT. I think he's one of the most underrated wrestlers in the world and can play a great range of characters. He can definitely be an important addition to NXT either as face or heel.

I'm curious about where this leaves Roode though. I would have expected WWE's focus to be on him. Does Young debuting first suggest that they're having trouble reaching a deal with Roode? Or are they saving Roode for a later show so he doesn't get overshadowed by Young (much like Nakamura's debut was right after Aries's debut to present Nakamura as the bigger star)?

I hope Roode is coming soon, but for the time being, I'm just happy that EY is in the mix now.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: Eric Young has made his debut on NXT

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 28, '16, 6:40 pm

Interesting he debuted before Roode. Maybe they'll be aligned with each other? I'm excited to see Young as I haven't seen any of his more recent work with TNA over the past few years.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Apr 28, '16, 6:48 pm

Young has been playing a crazy heel for the last couple of years, calling himself "the most dangerous man in TNA". I haven't watched much TNA in that period, but whenever I've checked it out he seemed to be really thriving in the role. It seems like it would have been a career resurgence for him if it was taking place in a company that wasn't in a downward spiral at the time.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 28, '16, 10:21 pm

Eric Young in a segment with Samoa Joe? Is this NXT or TNA? (great Young promo in that vid btw)

It's kinda weird (in a good way) that Eric Young is being treated as a big signing when his best moments were during the time the fewest amount of people watched TNA. The rest of the time he was a jobber or midcarder. Seems like he's had as many different gimmicks as Big Show's had heel turns. I've watched a little bit of TNA over the past year, and I really liked Eric Young's crazy character. I think he had a match with Angle at Bound For Glory that was very good.

I think he can contribute good things to NXT and stand apart from the Aries/Balor/Zayn type babyfaces because Young has a different look and personality. He's certainly off to a good start from the sound of things.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Twister » Apr 29, '16, 3:48 am

Really pleased for him, he's always been a favourite of mine in TNA. Will have to check it out on the network at some point.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Racing Guy » May 02, '16, 7:49 pm

Poor TNA. They've lost so many guys to WWE lately. I can only imagine how bad their show is now.

Racing Guy Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

Topics: 21

Postby KaiserGlider » May 02, '16, 10:34 pm

Racing Guy wrote:Poor TNA. They've lost so many guys to WWE lately. I can only imagine how bad their show is now.

I've been hearing that the quality is good and I'm sure it is. The problem is, nobody cares and the lack of star power isn't helping. The main event of the last "PPV" was Brodus Clay vs Drew Mcintyre.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Racing Guy » May 09, '16, 10:27 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:
Racing Guy wrote:Poor TNA. They've lost so many guys to WWE lately. I can only imagine how bad their show is now.

The main event of the last "PPV" was Brodus Clay vs Drew Mcintyre.

It's worse than I thought then.

Racing Guy Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

Topics: 21

Postby The Legend » May 10, '16, 4:58 am

What's really funny is Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Eric Young are all still listed under their active roster on their website.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » May 10, '16, 4:55 pm

That's ridiculous. Young and Roode were at least on television until recently because of how far they tape in advance. But Aries hasn't been there for ages as far as I know.

Though this is nothing new: TNA's website has been desperately out of date ever since it was created. They either never bothered hiring someone to keep it up to date, or that person is just really terrible at his/her job.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Westcoastvibes » May 10, '16, 9:27 pm

The Legend wrote:What's really funny is Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Eric Young are all still listed under their active roster on their website.

If the web designer gets paid on the same schedule as the wrestlers then that should be updated by october/november :lol

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Return to WWE