It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 1:58 am

I prefer Roman Reigns to Dean Ambrose!

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

I prefer Roman Reigns to Dean Ambrose!

Postby Headlesspete » Apr 26, '16, 7:21 pm

Yeah, i said it, and I'm ready for the war to come!

Admittedly, its like deciding between watching a Del Rio match or a Sheamus match, neither option is preferable. But if i had to choose which guy i preferred, I'd go with Reigns. He's got a great look, a great finisher, and i like his ring music.

I know, not much to go on, but its 3 more positive points than i can list for Ambrose.

- His music is the most generic sounding theme in all of WWE, and he's had it for nearly 2 years now. Its awful!
- His attire is really off putting. The jeans and vest look are different, but in a "he looks ready out of place" type way. He looks like he's put no effort in. Generic!
- He's crazy" Or thats what were constantly told by the WWE, because youd never know based on his actions. I think he did maybe a few things with Brock that were crazy, and that's it. He's like the tamest form of crazy I've ever seen. AJ Lee did the crazy gimmick so much better.
- His matches are so dull! Seriously, he's in the league of Del Rio and Swagger as someone who can have a decent match, but could never BE the star of the match. Brock is a proven commodity, and his match with Ambrose failed miserably.
- THAT FUCKING STUPID BOUNCING OF THE ROPES CLOTHESLINE!!!
- He looks like he's given up going to the gym completely. I'm not saying he needs to look like Cena, but if I'm supposed to believe this guy can kick ass, he needs to atleast look likes hes built a little.
- And worst of all, i can't stand him on the mic. I have no idea what everyone else is seeing, but he comes across either really goofy or just plain stupid most of the time. Its hammy acting at its worst.

So yeah, Reigns is awful, but i can see a few things i like about him. Ambrose just does nothing for me.

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 61

Re: I prefer Roman Reigns to Dean Ambrose!

Postby Hanley! » Apr 27, '16, 2:32 pm

I can kinda see where you're coming from. There was a time when I preferred Reigns too. But Reigns has become more annoying since then, while Ambrose has merely stayed the same.

Neither guy has been booked very well, so it's hard to figure out how the actual performers compare against each other as opposed to their characters and what their characters have been given to do. Ambrose's booking makes him a lot more likeable than Reigns, but unfortunately it also makes him seem like much less of a star.

To be a huge star for WWE, I always figure that you need two things: popularity and credibility.

Reigns is a very credible threat, but isn't popular at all.
Ambrose is very popular, but isn't credible at all.

Put them together and you'd actually have a worthy WWE Champion.

From what I can tell, there's not a huge distance between them as performers. They're both good in the ring, but not fantastic. They both cut lame promos, but there are much worse talkers on the roster than them. It's more the content they're given than anything. Both are often hideous at selling. Regardless of what you said, they both have equally awful music. :P

Reigns does have a huge advantage in terms of look, for sure. But Ambrose has more fire, and that's arguably more important.

They both have a lot of potential though. If used right, I could see either of them as really strong main event performers. It just hasn't turned out that way.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Circled Square » Apr 27, '16, 2:38 pm

I dun be the guy because I love my family

Dean is family

And I love my family

BELEE DAT

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 27, '16, 2:46 pm

I can see people's problems with Ambrose, but I still feel like he has major potential. He was quite possibly the most over guy on the roster going into Payback against Triple H, to the point people online were saying it felt more like than Mania main event than Reigns/Triple H. He was getting big time pops on Raw during that time.

Clearly there is something about him that the fans connect to. It's just a matter of treating him like a star like Hanley said. Losing easily to Brock Lesnar isn't doing him any favours. Hopefully Jericho puts him over and he's back into the main event scene with Reigns and Rollins in the summer. There's something to be said for how over he is considering he spent most of the last year or two losing to Wyatt, Rollins, and Reigns.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Apr 27, '16, 2:48 pm

It's not just losing to Brock Lesnar either. I think Ambrose might have the worst pay per view record in the whole company. He loses every big match. I can't remember a big match that he's won. You can't become a main event guy by almost winning every damn time. Sometimes a guy needs to actually win.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Headlesspete » Apr 27, '16, 3:01 pm

Hanley! wrote:Regardless of what you said, they both have equally awful music. :P

:o

You take that back! Reigns is using the Shields music! Its awsome!

Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Apr 27, '16, 3:39 pm

Headlesspete wrote:You take that back! Reigns is using the Shields music! Its awsome!

The Shield was awesome. Their music was not.

I used to like the little intro bit. That was a great way for them to announce their arrival. The music itself sucks. And after hearing it at a live show once, I can confirm that it's literally painful to listen to live. The only pop when Reigns came out was my ear drums.

It's weird that you love one and hate the other, because both themes are almost exactly the same: non descript, distorted metal music. I can guarantee they were both written in about 30 seconds, that's how little there is to them.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Headlesspete » Apr 27, '16, 3:47 pm

Hanley! wrote:
Headlesspete wrote:You take that back! Reigns is using the Shields music! Its awsome!

The Shield was awesome. Their music was not.

I used to like the little intro bit. That was a great way for them to announce their arrival. The music itself sucks. And after hearing it at a live show once, I can confirm that it's literally painful to listen to live. The only pop when Reigns came out was my ear drums.

It's weird that you love one and hate the other, because both themes are almost exactly the same: non descript, distorted metal music. I can guarantee they were both written in about 30 seconds, that's how little there is to them.

I dunno, maybe its just the nostalgia i link to it, but i think the music is awesome. Where as with Ambrose, it just sounds like it was pulled from Generic file 745.

Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » Apr 27, '16, 4:30 pm

I think Roman's theme fits who he is. He's supposed to be a big baby face wrecking machine who never forget the shield justice bush lol

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 27, '16, 4:55 pm

Ambrose is in another league on the mic, and he has a more likable character and personality. In the ring I'd give the edge to Roman, but Ambrose has proven that he can have a great match if it's well put together - his match with Triple H being an example. In terms of entrance music I give them the same rating. Both of their themes fit their characters, Roman's is a worse version of the Shield theme, while Ambrose has a good intro that pops the crowd but the rest of it is pretty generic.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Return to WWE