It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 5:58 am

Nothing is worse than the New Day

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Re: Nothing is worse than the New Day

Postby Messiah » Apr 26, '16, 10:00 pm

I don't like them, but I get why people enjoy them. I'm not bothered by them because at least they add to the tag team division and are clearly over as hell, but I don't care for them. Obnoxious and unfunny as hell.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby UTK » Apr 26, '16, 10:02 pm

I think ISIS is worse than New Day

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Everlong » Apr 27, '16, 6:30 am

Hanley! wrote:They're too much.

They're not funny. They try way too hard. Their obnoxious voices are irritating. Their catchphrase is a marketing phrase for a cereal that doesn't exist. That's stupid. They're stupid.

I don't understand why people still seem into them, but I'm convinced you'll all grow out of them eventually. Or maybe I'm just crazy. :lol There was a time when they were decent, but then someone told them to keep doing what they were doing except dial it up to one million and that's when they became just the worst.

These guys pain me. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

I'm with you, I feel the exact same way.

But hey, at least WWE recognized the fans were loving them, turned them face and capitalized off their success. Kind of wish they'd do that with the rest of the roster.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 27, '16, 7:33 am

I didn't know there were this many people who didn't like them :lol

I watch Raw every week, like 75% of the show has barely any energy at all, even the good stuff is still fairly dull. Seeing three guys come out with some actual energy who are over and can get the fans out of their seats is a breath of fresh air. Just hearing Big E backstage saying "Awwwwwwwwwwwww (insert city here)" puts a smile on my face.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 27, '16, 9:23 am

Str8Shooter wrote:I didn't know there were this many people who didn't like them :lol

I watch Raw every week, like 75% of the show has barely any energy at all, even the good stuff is still fairly dull. Seeing three guys come out with some actual energy who are over and can get the fans out of their seats is a breath of fresh air. Just hearing Big E backstage saying "Awwwwwwwwwwwww (insert city here)" puts a smile on my face.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SQUAREDCIRCLEEEEEEEE!

DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR! CLAP YOUR HANDS, AND FEEEEEEL.... THE POOOOOWAAAAA

IT'S A NEW DAY YES IT IS.

Last edited by KaiserGlider on Apr 27, '16, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Hanley! » Apr 27, '16, 1:00 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:I didn't know there were this many people who didn't like them :lol

Yeah, this is one area where I don't think it's the WWE that have done something wrong. It's the fans. Dammit live crowds, why do you like this shit so much?! :lol

I feel like we've seen a lot of acts like this in the WWE. People who start out funny and get over, but who then slowly become too much and too repetitive. And it takes the audience varying amounts of time to get sick of the act, depending on their personal taste and their patience, but the reactions do inevitably decline. WWE does have a tendency to do things to death, particularly with their comedy acts.

A few people here hate these guys now, there'll be a few more a few months from now and in a couple of years I reckon I'll be in the majority. That's my bold prediction anyway.

My great hope is that Enzo and Cass ultimately take their spot. Cos they're really over too, and are also a goofy face tag team. But I like them and they don't set my teeth on edge.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Postby Circled Square » Apr 27, '16, 1:16 pm

Am I the only one who thinks Enzo and Cass suck ass in the ring?

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 27, '16, 2:06 pm

Hanley! wrote:A few people here hate these guys now, there'll be a few more a few months from now and in a couple of years I reckon I'll be in the majority. That's my bold prediction anyway.

Yeah this will probably happen. But this happens to virtually any babyface act, especially one that tries to do comedy. Once the majority of the crowd turns on them again then it'll be time to likely break them up.

But for now, people are having fun for the most part, so let them go nuts.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Headlesspete » Apr 27, '16, 2:50 pm

Circled Square wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Enzo and Cass suck ass in the ring?

I don't think they suck in the ring, but its certainly their mic skills (Obviously Enzo in particular) that's got them so over. The match they had with the Dudley boys as quite disappointing to be honest. They really should haven had The Dudleys cost Enzo and Cass their first round match, and then vice versa, and saved the actual Dudleys vs Enzo and Cass match for the Pay Per View.

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 61

Postby Hanley! » Jun 19, '16, 6:14 pm

These guys are still the worst.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jun 19, '16, 8:10 pm

Hanley! wrote:These guys are still the worst.

Not a huge fan of them either, I am a fan of the longevity and importance they are bringing to the titles though. Like them or not they are a huge part in the tag team resurgence

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby KaiserGlider » Jun 20, '16, 12:06 am

Yeah, even though I still like New Day overall, I feel like it's time for them to face some serious opposition (Bullet Club) and drop the titles. Maybe the chase will freshen them up a bit.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Daz » Jun 20, '16, 1:22 am

Honestly, they annoy me far less than they did a few months ago.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Hanley! » Sep 06, '16, 1:53 pm

Come on, guys. A few more of you must have drifted over to my side by now, right?

How are these guys still popular when every segment they have that's over 60 seconds is this bad, and completely kills the crowd? That thing on Raw was hideous. The pay per view segment they had with Edge and Christian was painful. They had a segment about a month or two ago with a random plant fan that was real bad. There's been a handful of others.

I know technically the Club were responsible for the zaniness in last night's segment, but they're doing this stuff because they're in the feud with the New Day which is where the comedy is supposed to happen.

Come to the dark side everyone.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » Sep 06, '16, 2:10 pm

They literally exist solely for the purpose of shareholder minority quotas. Oh look we put three black people on TV for 45 minutes a week for the past two years aren't we good goyims. If they actually gave a fuck about the New Day they'd he in the main event by now, actually developing as characters. Give the belts to Enzo and Big Meme already what's the point of them holding it any longer.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby DBSoT » Sep 06, '16, 2:31 pm

Circled Square wrote:They literally exist solely for the purpose of shareholder minority quotas. Oh look we put three black people on TV for 45 minutes a week for the past two years aren't we good goyims. If they actually gave a fuck about the New Day they'd he in the main event by now, actually developing as characters. Give the belts to Enzo and Big Meme already what's the point of them holding it any longer.
Or...and stay with me here...they actually sell merch and make the company money. I can't see a reason why WWE would toss the New Day if they are doing well. Their segments can be cringe-worthy, but they still get pops and sell merch. It is the same premise as Cena. We can bitch about how annoying his character is, but at the end of the day, the WWE is doing something right.

To your other point about them moving to the main event. I could see Big E as a main eventer and Xavier Woods as a top mid-carder. They both have good mic skills and know how to work a crowd. Their ring skills are good enough and could develop. However, you mentioned developing their characters. I am not sure where Big E's character could really go. Most of the characters he would play are already being portrayed in the main event: Powerhouse bad-ass (Roman Reigns), crazy (Orton) the dominant beast (Lesnar), goofy heel (AJ Styles), goofy face (Ambrose), man of the people (Cena), underdog (come on now), intelligent heel (Rollins), prized fighter (Owens). If he keeps the New Day gimmick, he will just come off as a goof, but he really doesn't have many options for a whole new character.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Circled Square » Sep 06, '16, 2:44 pm

Big E has to tone down the funny and get angrier. Boom. Character development. Not asking him to reinvent himself. Just move forward somewhat.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Messiah » Sep 06, '16, 3:51 pm

The segment sucked but I will say the whole "oh its an old day, oh yes it is" bit at the beginning was hilarious.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby JPG619 » Sep 06, '16, 8:55 pm

Never been a fan of the new day, the have this stupid gimmick that appeals to children but then again kids are one reason why they sell merch so that why they are running with the gimmick until the stop selling New Day merch

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby KaiserGlider » Sep 06, '16, 9:06 pm

I don't see anybody from the New Day being more successful as a singles guy than as part of the New Day. It makes no sense to split them up and ship them off to the main event, what they need is a real challenge in the tag division to bring some edge and grit to the team. They can still be positive and funny, they just need to have a feud with high stakes that will make it feel like they've earned the belts if they win. I was hoping Gallows and Anderson would bring that out (like I said in my post up there back in June), but that's been turned into a comedy feud which is falling flat. I think the bigger problem here is how they've fucked up the Bullet Club.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

PreviousNext

Return to WWE