It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 11:09 am

Nothing is worse than the New Day

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Re: Nothing is worse than the New Day

Postby Str8Shooter » Sep 06, '16, 9:22 pm

How can anyone blame New Day for that awful segment on Raw? Most of it was before they even got out there! That was a "Vince McMahon Special" segment that clearly was written to appease him and him alone and his weird humour. I felt bad for all involved, especially Gallows and Anderson who unfortunately seem to be the chosen comedy performers now.

New Day suffers because they're a comedy act in a company that generally doesn't do comedy well. They've got bad writers and a crazy old man "helping" with their material, and the more successful and over they got the less control they have over what they say because of all the meddling.

Also, how can they be expected to be so funny week after week. These aren't professional comedians, they're expected to come up with new material every week to basically sell cold to an audience.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby SlightlyJames » Sep 07, '16, 10:28 am

Str8Shooter wrote:Also, how can they be expected to be so funny week after week. These aren't professional comedians, they're expected to come up with new material every week to basically sell cold to an audience.

I'm with you on the rest of it but this is silly. If guys are out there for significant time on the show every week and comedy is their thing, it's reasonable to expect it to be good. If they don't have anything good, don't be out there taking up my fucking time!

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby Hanley! » Sep 07, '16, 11:42 am

Str8Shooter wrote:I felt bad for all involved, especially Gallows and Anderson who unfortunately seem to be the chosen comedy performers now.

All this bad comedy stuff is damaging to Gallows and Anderson. But I don't necessarily think they're going to be comedy performers going forward. I think they're just doing comedy because they're in a feud with the comedy guys. And when they move on to someone else, I could imagine them dropping all that.

Sadly the damage may already be done then.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Sep 07, '16, 12:12 pm

Hanley! wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:I felt bad for all involved, especially Gallows and Anderson who unfortunately seem to be the chosen comedy performers now.

All this bad comedy stuff is damaging to Gallows and Anderson. But I don't necessarily think they're going to be comedy performers going forward. I think they're just doing comedy because they're in a feud with the comedy guys. And when they move on to someone else, I could imagine them dropping all that.

Sadly the damage may already be done then.

But the other babyface tag team is Enzo and Cass, who are mostly comedy guys too. So I don't see an end in sight.

SlightlyJames wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:Also, how can they be expected to be so funny week after week. These aren't professional comedians, they're expected to come up with new material every week to basically sell cold to an audience.

I'm with you on the rest of it but this is silly. If guys are out there for significant time on the show every week and comedy is their thing, it's reasonable to expect it to be good. If they don't have anything good, don't be out there taking up my fucking time!

I theory yes, but I think some of these segments somebody obviously thinks are good. For all we know, they tell New Day, "you're cutting a 5 minute promo", and they have to come up with something. At some point the well runs dry on what they can do out there.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Sep 07, '16, 12:17 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:But the other babyface tag team is Enzo and Cass, who are mostly comedy guys too. So I don't see an end in sight.

Yeah, they don't really occupy the same kind of spot though. Mostly their thing is just trash talk. Weird skits and obnoxious zaniness is more of a New Day thing.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Previous

Return to WWE