It is currently: May 19, '24, 4:01 pm

Tyler Breeze

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Tyler Breeze

Postby Circled Square » Apr 06, '16, 3:46 pm

Fun fact: The last time Tyler Breeze won a match was in early January, against Zack Ryder on Superstars.

Ever since then, he was involved in 52 matches, between TV shows, house shows and PPV Rumbles and lost every single one of them.

Is it ever going to get better or is he destined to become a meme wrestler lost in the eons of time? He should team up with Ziggler or The Miz.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 209

Re: Tyler Breeze

Postby The Legend » Apr 06, '16, 4:00 pm

He should become #1 contender and then new IC champ, because apparently that's all it takes to win that belt anymore.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Apr 06, '16, 4:22 pm

He's probably screwed for the next few years at least. He looks like a complete jobber and with the amount of television time he gets, he's never going to convince anyone he's anything more.

I think the best he can hope for right now is to be packaged into some kind of tag team, and maybe he'll be showcased a little more in that spot.

If it were me, I'd probably put him in a heel tag team with Dolph Ziggler.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Stvtayl » Apr 06, '16, 6:19 pm

He was called up too early due to Rusev's injury in that terrible 3-5 way love story, then when that was thankfully finished, there was no place left for Breeze.

Should've stayed on NXT, will hopefully return there.

My All time Fave 6 Diva's & Knockouts :)
Stvtayl None specified
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 15

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 06, '16, 8:35 pm

Stvtayl wrote:Should've stayed on NXT, will hopefully return there.

When asked by a fan if he wants to go back to NXT. I think he's fine with where he's at for now. The guy is like in his mid 20's, he's got a long career ahead of him. If he works hard and doesn't make waves he could be line for a push down the road. It's been known to happen.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby The Legend » Apr 07, '16, 5:24 am

The funny thing is people think he had it so much better on NXT. Go back and look at his record there. He was the jobber in the opening match like 80% of the time. And he still made it work, his gimmick and the way he performs it is basically loss-proof.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '16, 6:30 am

The Legend wrote:The funny thing is people think he had it so much better on NXT. Go back and look at his record there. He was the jobber in the opening match like 80% of the time. And he still made it work, his gimmick and the way he performs it is basically loss-proof.

Yea, it isn't like he was winning in NXT. His role is to be an entertaining midcarder who puts people over.

I think they could book him better, but it's not a big deal. I mean he is basically The Miz. Miz never wins a feud he's in, he is just a chickenshit heel (a great one at that) who draws a lot of heat and gets the fans behind the opposing babyface.

Ditto to the team with Ziggler though. Breeze and Ziggler with Bliss or Rae as their manager would be perfect.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Hanley! » Apr 07, '16, 9:32 am

The Legend wrote:The funny thing is people think he had it so much better on NXT. Go back and look at his record there. He was the jobber in the opening match like 80% of the time. And he still made it work, his gimmick and the way he performs it is basically loss-proof.

That's not the same thing though. At least he got high profile feuds, along with plenty of screen and promo time. He was a character that people watched NXT to see. Nobody watches Raw to see Tyler Breeze.

On NXT television he was an entertaining jobber to the stars. On Raw, he's just a jobber.

Hell, on NXT he basically won his feud against Itami, and he got to wrestle Jushin Liger. That's not a bad role.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '16, 9:59 am

Hanley! wrote:

That's not the same thing though. At least he got high profile feuds, along with plenty of screen and promo time. He was a character that people watched NXT to see. Nobody watches Raw to see Tyler Breeze.

On NXT television he was an entertaining jobber to the stars. On Raw, he's just a jobber.

Hell, on NXT he basically won his feud against Itami, and he got to wrestle Jushin Liger. That's not a bad role.

I think he is minor part of a bigger problem. If WWE actually committed to booking everything well, Breeze being in the place he is currently in wouldn't be as big of a deal.

WWE's roster is stacked. If WWE actually put forth an effort to its mid-card, I don't think people would notice as much that Breeze isn't really doing anything but losing matches. Not everyone can have something to do, but usually it feels like (and this will become even more true in a month or so) that nobody other than the top guys does anything important in regards to storylines.

I'd say I have a bigger issue with how they use a guy like Rusev. League of Nations is better than nothing I suppose but he's so freakin talented.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Return to WWE