It is currently: May 04, '24, 12:31 pm

Zack Ryder is the current favourite for the IC title match ...

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Zack Ryder is the current favourite for the IC title match ...

Postby Tom » Apr 03, '16, 12:32 pm

According to Ladbrokes bookmakers ...

https://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/bett ... 221856550/

I find that very strange. I know he has been featured on Raw alot over the past couple of weeks. And defeated Jericho on Raw (although he immediately ate a codebreaker after it). But I would have put Zayn or Owens over him when it come to favourites!

Last edited by Tom on Apr 03, '16, 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 23

Re: Zack Ryder is the current facourite for the IC title match ...

Postby Hanley! » Apr 03, '16, 12:33 pm

That seems insane. Do they somehow know something we don't? Is there a late rumour floating around about Ryder winning?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Re: Zack Ryder is the current facourite for the IC title match ...

Postby Tom » Apr 03, '16, 12:40 pm

I have no idea. I know other online betting companies have him as the favourite too. So there must be something to it. In other news, Ladbrokes also have John Cena as the favourite for the Andre the Giant Battle Royal!

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topic Author
Topics: 23

Re: Zack Ryder is the current favourite for the IC title match ...

Postby SlightlyJames » Apr 03, '16, 2:48 pm

Hanley! wrote:That seems insane. Do they somehow know something we don't? Is there a late rumour floating around about Ryder winning?

I've heard a few people guessing that he'll win it. The thinking is that he's in there for a reason, they've made quite a bit out of him being there, he laid out Owens on Smackdown. I suppose in that scenario Owens and Zayn take each other out, brawl to the back or something and Ryder picks up the win.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Messiah » Apr 03, '16, 3:42 pm

As atrocious of a decision as this would be, it's kind of frustrating that it was probably spoiled (and usually I don't mind spoilers, so probably an even bigger deal for others than me). Would have been much better if you just put "Potential huge spoiler for Mania" in the title.

Last edited by Messiah on Apr 03, '16, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 03, '16, 3:45 pm

I could see someone like Ryder getting a shock win to kick off the show. They're probably thinking that if Owens and Zayn are feuding after Mania that it doesn't need the IC title involved.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby SlightlyJames » Apr 03, '16, 3:55 pm

Messiah wrote:As atrocious of a decision as this would be, it's kind of frustrating that it was probably spoiled (and usually I don't mind spoilers, so probably an even bigger deal for others than me). Would have been much better if you just put "Potential huge spoiler for Mania" in the title.

People thinking someone will win isn't a spoiler.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Messiah » Apr 03, '16, 5:29 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:
Messiah wrote:As atrocious of a decision as this would be, it's kind of frustrating that it was probably spoiled (and usually I don't mind spoilers, so probably an even bigger deal for others than me). Would have been much better if you just put "Potential huge spoiler for Mania" in the title.

People thinking someone will win isn't a spoiler.

Wrestling is a scripted event. Betting lines would not favor Ryder, of all people, if they didn't have a reason to, they have inside scoops. Same with the battle royal above.

IIRC, it was reported after the fact that betting lines shifted to Brock Lesnar shortly before WrestleMania 30.

Like I said, it's not the end of the world or anything. At the end of the day I don't really care that much, but it still would have been a lot better to put a warning in the title, even if it wasn't an absolute guarantee. That moment would have been a lot more surprising (for better or worse). Just IMO tho, not a big deal. IC title match or the battle royal aren't that big of deals.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Apr 03, '16, 10:40 pm

As it turns out Ryder winning the IC title was the perfect kickoff to this Mania. Which will go down as one of the more bizarre Manias I can remember.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Daz » Apr 03, '16, 10:55 pm

WWE loves to give wins to people who weren't supposed to be in the match. Great moment for him, fun way to kick off Mania. Definitely odd as fuck though.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Return to WWE