It is currently: May 21, '24, 3:56 am

What match are you most looking forward to?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

What match are you most looking forward to?

Postby prophet » Mar 30, '16, 3:17 pm

Charlotte/Becky/Sasha for me.

I'm just hoping they get enough time to really work a good match and steal the show like we know they can. I've enjoyed the build and I'm hoping The Boss picks up the big win. (Oh and I hope Becky puts the pain on old man Flair)

You?

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: What match are you most looking forward to?

Postby Hanley! » Mar 30, '16, 3:33 pm

For me it's either the women's championship match or Styles vs Jericho.

I'm a big fan of the three women in the championship match, and I love that they're getting a real match that had a real build, and that there aren't any lumberjills out there. There's no lingerie pillow fight stipulation and none of the women have had their clothes torn off during the build. It's just three great female performers who all get to have their Wrestlemania debut together and hopefully usher in a new era of good women's wrestling on the main roster.

I'm hoping Becky wins. Charlotte is a great heel, Becky is a great babyface. It's time for Charlotte to lose and get someone else in the mix, and Becky is the right choice because of her character. Sasha is amazing, but she hasn't found her character on the main roster yet. They want people to cheer her, but she acts like a heel constantly. Becky should win the title and can feud with Sasha during the summer (they could have Charlotte and Bayley feud at the same time).

I know we've seen Styles vs Jericho already, but I think it could be a very good match. They'll want to outperform their last few outings, and hopefully they know each other well enough now to be able to do that. Mostly though, I'm just excited about AJ Styles getting a singles match at Wrestlemania. That's pretty cool. I'm going to be psyched just seeing his entrance.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 30, '16, 4:29 pm

I'm probably looking most forward to seeing Shane vs Taker. It won't be the best in ring classic of the show most likely, but the entire booking of the match given the stips is a question mark. Does Shane win and take over Raw? Does Taker really retire? What kind of run-ins do we get? Are there any heel/face turns involved? Does Shane do something absurdly insane? Does the crowd get behind Taker or Shane more? It's all up for grabs and I wanna see what happens.

To be honest I'm just excited to see the stadium and what it looks like with 85000 plus in that cavernous place with a massive set. It should be quite the spectacle.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby The Legend » Mar 30, '16, 4:49 pm

I am excited on some level for most of the matches on the card, but the match I really want to see is Ambrose vs Lesnar.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby KaiserGlider » Mar 30, '16, 7:35 pm

Ambrose vs Lesnar

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby EmperorWu » Mar 31, '16, 6:56 am

I hate matches where they shove a bunch of people in one match. What happened to myth of earning a spot at Mania? Also why do we have 2 matches with faces facing each other? Another thing I hate. They don't even have good stories in place to make it make sense. Last I check Kalisto, Ryback, Dudleys, and Usos were all basically faces.

I found it hilarious that people were chanting boring during HHH's speech. Then the second Reigns comes out HHH gets a huge pop when they brawl, and Reigns gets booed out of the building. How fucking hated do you have to be, to have HHH get such a pop when a second before you came out the audience was shitting all over him.

There are a few matches that have the potential to be awesome, but most of the card looks like complete shit. The show could go either way at this point. But then again we all expected last year's Mania to also suck ass, and it was pretty decent.

The only match I have high hopes for is Shane vs Taker, and that's mostly because I'm a ShaneOMac mark.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby DBSoT » Mar 31, '16, 8:10 am

I have 3 matches that I am looking forward to and one that intrigues me.

The match that I most looking forward to is Shane vs Taker. I have wanted the Authority off my TV screen for sometime now. So I would react to that and react to Taker possibly being done. I am also hoping to see some debuts via interference and I am very excited to see how that plays out.

My 2nd most anticipated match is the women's match. The intrigue of watching 3 woman make their WM debuts and have them all competing for something meaningful is awesome. These were 3 of WWE's hottest prospects when they were down in NXT and it will be interesting to see which one of them performs the best in front of a huge crowd.

The last match that I am looking forward to is AJ Styles vs Chris Jericho. The match just has everything that is necessary to make someone's early career. Jericho is a great heel and the crowd is clearly behind AJ. So the right dynamic is there and the talent is high.

Finally, I am intrigued by the IC ladder match. Even though it was clumsily put together, it still has a good portion of guys I actually enjoy. This will actually be Zayn's first official PPV match and I have seen Zayn and Owens put on a pretty great ladder match while they were in ROH. I still think Zayn has potential to be a top flight babyface and I will watch his career similar to how I watched Daniel Bryan's.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Mar 31, '16, 11:56 am

EmperorWu wrote: Last I check Kalisto, Ryback, Dudleys, and Usos were all basically faces.

You really haven't checked in a while then. Ryback and the Dudleys have distinctively been behaving like heels for a while now.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Mar 31, '16, 12:42 pm

Order for me:

1. Shane vs. Undertaker. I know, it has a very high potential to be a bust, but there's just something magical about Shane being back, a HIAC match with Taker at Mania, it's a big throwback to a time when I really loved wrestling.

2. Styles vs. Jericho. Two solid workers, huge stage, Styles' first Mania match. Lots to look forward to about this.

3. Lesnar vs. Ambrose, because Brock.

4. Women's championship, which is a potential show stealer.

None of the others are super interesting to me, although I'm sure the ladder match will be fun.

Hopefully I"m able to get home early enough on Sunday to see the full show!

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Mar 31, '16, 3:21 pm

For me Jericho vs Styles, the women's match and Lesnar vs Ambrose are way out in front of everything else on the card. Probably followed by Shane/Undertaker for the sheer randomness of it, as it has the most potential for something crazy to happen in the match. But of course there's an equal chance that nothing unusual happens and it's just a match.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Tom » Apr 01, '16, 1:38 am

I'd say Ambrose vs Lesnar. The build hasn't really intrigued me but I think the stipulation is perfect for them and Lesnar and Ambrose will want to put on a good show. I can see them having good chemistry and I expect to see some stuff we haven't seen in a while (ie barbed wire baseball bat). So that should make it fun.

Shane vs Taker is intriguing as well, simply because it is so random and I don't really know what to expect. I don't expect anything crazily over the top but the fact that this match has implications is good. Hopefully Shane wins and The Authority disappear.

The triple threat womens match will be good if given time too. Hopefully they get 20 mins to show what they can do,

Overall, I actually think this Mania could be a decent one in terms of match quality. Although it should never have been booked for the title, Trips/Reigns will still be a decent match once they don't overbook it and have League of Nations appear and The Rock making the save. If its a straight one vs one match I think they could pull off an entertaining match though. Same with Styles vs Jericho, that should be a decent match also, even if we have seen it before.

It's just a pity WWE haven't given us much a reason to care for the majority of the matches and we have to be invested by what our perceived quality of them will be on the night. That will no doubt effect the storytelling in some way and the matches will mean less!

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 23

Return to WWE