It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 5:40 am

Oh Raw! Just when i thought i was out, they pull me back in!

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Oh Raw! Just when i thought i was out, they pull me back in!

Postby Headlesspete » Feb 23, '16, 7:32 pm

Gotta be honest, after a rather tedious few Raws after the Rumble, and a Pay Per View about as mediocre and paint by the numbers as can be, my universal feelings going into WrestleMania were simply apathy. And then, Raw happend!

- The Undertaker vs Shane McMahon intrigue
- The stake of the company being up for grabs and a new chapter in the McMahon saga
- The three best divas finally being pushed and heading towards possibly the best mainstream WWE womans match of all time.
- The awkward yet fantastic fall of Reigns as Triple H's buries him in both crowd reaction and talent. Its like a car crash you can't take your eyes from.
- The David vs Goliath story of Brock vs Ambrose, in a match that is sure to be brutal, and sure to have some fantastic promo work from Heyman and Ambrose.
- The continued push of AJ Styles as WWE actually treat him like the big star that he is, along with Jericho finally showing why he was once of the best in ring and mic workers of all time.

Sure, between all this you have to deal with the same tedious stuff that a 3 hour Raw will always bring (The Usos, the pointless filler stuff, R-Truth and Goldust, and the staleness of the Wyatts), but the fact is Raw was for the first time in a very long time, interesting! And for the first time in a very very VERY long time, I'm actually looking forward to next weeks show! Its amazing how fast WWE can turn things around. Let just hope the next 5 weeks of TV is as good!

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 61

Re: Oh Raw! Just when i thought i was out, they pull me back in!

Postby Messiah » Feb 23, '16, 7:42 pm

Raw is usually, at the very least, somewhat interesting around WrestleMania season. Last year was really bad, though.

The problem has always been what they do a month or so after WrestleMania.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 23, '16, 10:42 pm

I can't believe it looks like they could pull off yet another good Wrestlemania out of their ass at the last moment.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Everlong » Feb 24, '16, 12:08 pm

Messiah wrote:Raw is usually, at the very least, somewhat interesting around WrestleMania season. Last year was really bad, though.

Can you imagine if they'd actually kept the hype going after WrestleMania 30? There was so much buzz and excitement, people legitimatley thought they'd turned a corner and it looked like there was actually a chance that they had.

I think the fact that they flopped so hard after that took the wind out of so many people's sails, which is another reason the last couple years have seemed so dire. I know that's true for me.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Feb 24, '16, 12:19 pm

Everlong wrote:
Messiah wrote:Raw is usually, at the very least, somewhat interesting around WrestleMania season. Last year was really bad, though.

Can you imagine if they'd actually kept the hype going after WrestleMania 30? There was so much buzz and excitement, people legitimatley thought they'd turned a corner and it looked like there was actually a chance that they had.

I think the fact that they flopped so hard after that took the wind out of so many people's sails, which is another reason the last couple years have seemed so dire. I know that's true for me.

It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Bryan wasn't hurt so quickly after WM 30. That alone took a lot of wind out of people's sails.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby SlightlyJames » Feb 24, '16, 12:23 pm

The Legend wrote:
Everlong wrote:

It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Bryan wasn't hurt so quickly after WM 30. That alone took a lot of wind out of people's sails.

They had already soiled it by that point by putting him against Kane and featuring Brie "AHHHHHHHH DANIEL AAAHHHHHHH DANIIIEEEeeeeEEELLLL WE GOTTA GOOOO" Bella in a main event storyline.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 24, '16, 9:04 pm

He probably would have had a boring title reign for the most part, though we would have gotten Lesnar/Bryan at Summerslam. Hard to say if that would have been a squash match or not.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Feb 25, '16, 2:55 am

KaiserGlider wrote:He probably would have had a boring title reign for the most part, though we would have gotten Lesnar/Bryan at Summerslam. Hard to say if that would have been a squash match or not.

It would have been. That Cena squash was originally intended for Bryan.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 25, '16, 8:36 am

Hanley! wrote:
KaiserGlider wrote:He probably would have had a boring title reign for the most part, though we would have gotten Lesnar/Bryan at Summerslam. Hard to say if that would have been a squash match or not.

Can you imagine the reaction online to Bryan getting that beating compared to Cena getting it!? Total opposite! :P

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 25, '16, 10:06 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
Hanley! wrote:

Can you imagine the reaction online to Bryan getting that beating compared to Cena getting it!? Total opposite! :P

The internet would have exploded and I would have been sitting back all like :brock . #BeastMode.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Return to WWE