It is currently: May 08, '24, 10:18 am

The New Day deserve to be on the main card at 'Mania

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

The New Day deserve to be on the main card at 'Mania

Postby prophet » Feb 23, '16, 3:21 pm

The tag team title match has been a staple of the pre-show for the past few years. The New Day have earned a spot on the main show for me and here's hoping they get it.

Anything else would be booty.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: The New Day deserve to be on the main card at 'Mania

Postby Hanley! » Feb 23, '16, 5:10 pm

I don't really like them anymore. They've were great for a while, but they've been way too much for a long time. Some of their more recent segments have been pretty painful (the one at Fast Lane with Edge & Christian was death). At least they're so obnoxious now that they're managing to be heel again.

I wouldn't mind seeing them in a match on the main card, but there's not many strong tag team opponents to put them against. The entire division has been based around the New Day for almost a year. The Dudleys can hopefully change that a little as heels, but they're probably not the opponents for New Day at the moment either.

The most likely opponents for them at Wrestlemania seems to be the League of Nations at the moment. Which would be okay, I guess. But if they put it on the pre-show, I wouldn't exactly be disappointed that it didn't make the main card. Doesn't seem must see to me.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Re: The New Day deserve to be on the main card at 'Mania

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 23, '16, 5:53 pm

They'll be on there in some capacity, I mean I think they'll still be tag champs. There's usually some sort of multi team tag match which is what I would expect here again with the likes of New Day/Usos/Dudleyz/Lucha Dragons (if Kalisto loses the US title)/ maybe Truth and Goldust.

I'm with Steve though, New Day have lost some steam, which was bound to happen. I still think they're mostly entertaining, but they're having a harder time coming up with new stuff and rely on the old gags. A face turn might actually be for the best soon, maybe it gives them some new life.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Return to WWE