It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 7:11 am

How WWE should book the Triple Threat at Fastlane / WrestleMania Main Events Booking

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

How WWE should book the Triple Threat at Fastlane / WrestleMania Main Events Booking

Postby Headlesspete » Feb 18, '16, 7:55 pm

So this Sunday, its a Triple Threat between Brock / Ambrose / Reigns for the #1 Contendership of the WWE Title to face Triple H at WrestleMania. The common consensus at this point is that Reigns will win and go on to face Triple H at WrestleMania. However, with the recent booking as of late, i have a feeling were about to see something else occur!

First off, Brock is gonna be took out by the Wyatt family, its a no brainer, and we'll get Brock vs Bray at WrestleMania. What i then think should / will happen, is Ambrose is gonna beat Reigns! I think Ambrose, with his recent favorable booking and crowd reaction, is the one WWE are gonna go with to face Triple H at WrestleMania. He's super over, he was the last one eliminated by Triple H at the Royal Rumble, and he's been the start of this Triple Threat feud since the start. With Bryan now gone, WWE need a face everyone likes, and Ambrose can be that man.

And where does that leave Reigns? First off, either he turns heel on Ambrose after the match or the next night on Raw. He's simply not ready yet to be the face of the company, and he's Cena fan response is only going to get worse if he wins on Sunday. Turn him heel, and have him cut a promk about why he's done trying to please the fans. He can easily cut a promo similar to The Rocks back in the 90s, about how he's tried to be the face of the company and tried to get the fans on side, but they won't have it. He's sick of WWE and has no respect for the fans or this company, and then "DONG", out comes the Undertaker, who can demand Reigns show him some respect. Roman can do the opposite, and bam, The Undertaker faces Reigns at WrestleMania.

The top 3 matches for WrestleMania from this?

WWE Title - Super over Ambrose vs Super Heel Triple H
Super over Undertaker vs Super Heel Roman Reigns
Super over Brock Lesnar vs Super Heel (Because he's against Brock Lesnar) Bray Wyatt

You have your top 3 faces vs your top 3 heels! There's no worrying about the crowd reaction, because you've gotten the right people in the right spots! Its so simple, and all WWE have to do is acknowledge that Reigns needs to turn heel, and to push Ambrose.

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 61

Re: How WWE should book the Triple Threat at Fastlane / WrestleMania Main Events Booking

Postby Hanley! » Feb 20, '16, 9:22 pm

I hate to say it (and I don't say it too often), but I think what they're going to do is probably better than this.

First of all, I'll be honest and say that I just don't like Dean Ambrose much. His character seems very forced, his moveset isn't great and his selling is atrocious. I think people like him as he represents that anti-authority character that the higher-ups aren't behind much better than Roman Reigns. They'd like him less if he got a heavy push. But even now, while he's more liked than Roman Reigns, I don't think he's really over enough to warrant a Wrestlemania main event. And he definitely doesn't have the credibility to do so, given that he looks like a weak fool on every Raw show. Reigns has more of a star quality, in my opinion. Maybe only because they've been minding him and featuring him prominently, but he seems a much more natural fit for a Wrestlemania main event than Ambrose at the moment.

Also, turning Reigns (or Ambrose either) at Fast Lane doesn't make much sense. They'd immediately have to split off into different fueds and we'd have to put the fact that the two best friends turned on each other on hold in terms of story. And that personal issue will be more dramatically and narratively interesting than what either of them would be doing in their other feuds, so it'd be weird and distracting.

Plus if they wanted to get Reigns mega over as a new heel, I wouldn't have him lose to someone immediately. I'd like to see him pick up a bit of steam with a win.

I'd prefer to see Ambrose turn on Reigns immediately after Wrestlemania and start a personal title feud to kick off the new season. That could have some life to it. Or even have Reigns turn on Ambrose after Wrestlemania if that's the way they choose to go. I wouldn't have a problem with that. But I think their issue needs to wait until after the big show. Turning someone now would be awful timing.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Re: How WWE should book the Triple Threat at Fastlane / WrestleMania Main Events Booking

Postby SlightlyJames » Feb 21, '16, 1:33 am

Hanley! wrote:But I think their issue needs to wait until after the big show. Turning someone now would be awful timing.

But Big Show turns all the time. :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Daz » Feb 21, '16, 4:22 am

I feel like the smart option, given fan reaction, is to go with Ambrose. He's been great during the build up in his interactions with Lesnar and the crowd are really into him. If they let him take the ball and run with it, they could have a viable top babyface to work with. They need that given the recent injuries.

The storyteller in me would prefer they stay the course with Roman. They've laid the groundwork for the match with Triple H already. there's months of build behind it. They've already dealt with fan backlash before when it comes to putting Roman in big spots like this one. They don't care. for the sake of the story, just let it play out.

I agree with Hanley that you can't turn Roman between Fast Lane at Mania. Unless you're gonna do Trips vs. Ambrose vs. Roman at Mania, I don't see a way to have him turn on Ambrose and have it play out the way it should. Personally, I feel like the way to turn Roman would be to have him turn on the Rock at Mania and maybe build to a match between them at say Summerslam. That way you get plenty of time to have Roman beat the shit out of Ambrose to get heat in the interim.

It's funny that I feel out of the three guys, Lesnar is the only one who definitely won't go over. I imagine his Wrestlemania opponent will play a role - although I feel like there's money in Lesnar vs. Ambrose one on one after their recent interaction. so maybe the plan is for Reigns to win, Ambrose and Lesnar to spin off into a singles match, seeing as the Wyatt stuff seems to have been dropped.

I think there's actually a lot of intrigue for Mania this year. And it's almost entirely because the roster is so depleted, that I'm interested in seeing who the company wants to elevate and fill those marquee spots. Its almost a shame Cesaro is injured, because this could have been his moment to break out.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 22, '16, 9:50 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:
Hanley! wrote:But I think their issue needs to wait until after the big show. Turning someone now would be awful timing.

But Big Show turns all the time. :lol

More turns than Nascar.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Return to WWE