It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 6:49 am

Should Charlotte use Danial Bryan in her feud with Brie?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Should Charlotte use Danial Bryan in her feud with Brie?

Postby Headlesspete » Feb 10, '16, 7:05 pm

So at Fastlane, Charlotte's defending her WWE Divas Title against Brie Bella, in what is obviously a throw away feud and match until WrestleMania when she faces Sasha Banks and possibly Becky Lynch. Charlotte's already bragged about Nikki Bella being out with an injury, so I'm wondering would she / could she use the recent retirement of Bryan in her feud with Brie, and how would you feel about it if she did?

Obviously Paige and Charlotte recently had that controversy with bringing up Reid in a promo, so i imagine it would work something like that, with Charlotte pointing out Brie's like a curse at this point, her brother in law, her sister and now her husband...

But yeah, too far and too soon?

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 61

Re: Should Charlotte use Danial Bryan in her feud with Brie?

Postby Hanley! » Feb 10, '16, 7:12 pm

I don't see why not. It's not really the same thing as what happened with Reid. That felt very calculated and forced because they were taking an old news story and milking it for controversy. Plus, the guy was dead, which is a much more delicate subject than what Bryan is going through. And obviously he wasn't around to sign off on the angle. We can only speculate on whether or not he would have considered it disrespectful.

Bryan is still actively involved with the company, he's not likely to get offended by some harmless jabs from Charlotte, particularly if it can aid a feud involving his wife. It seems like something that they might as well use while they have the opportunity. It will put some nice heel heat on Charlotte.

Anyway, aren't they only giving Brie this match because of the Daniel Bryan situation? It sprung up from out of nowhere so that has to be the reason. If his retirement is what got her this match, they might as well use it in the story.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Feb 10, '16, 7:16 pm

I don't see anything wrong with it. Forced retirement is terrible, but it isn't the same as death. They used Edge's retirement in the Del Rio vs Christian WHC feud and I didn't see anything wrong with it.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 10, '16, 10:14 pm

Meh, I'm not a huge fan of it but I don't think it's as lacking in taste as the using of deceased people for heat.

A lot of people thinking Brie might the emotional title win at Fastlane. I don't think it would be terrible if it was short. Maybe she wins it as Fastlane and loses the next night on Raw in a rematch? Or the following Raw. It would be a token win as I don't think Brie's career is going much longer now.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Return to WWE