It is currently: May 11, '24, 7:07 pm

Will the Triple H vs Roman Reigns WrestleMania main event get the worst crowd response ever?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Will the Triple H vs Roman Reigns WrestleMania main event get the worst crowd response ever?

Postby Headlesspete » Jan 28, '16, 8:55 pm

So in one corner is Roman Reigns, the forced face of the WWE that the fans are again starting to turn on more and more, and as his push will only increase leading into Mania, could potentially reach even worse levels. Add in the fact the WrestleMania crowd tends to be very smark heavy, and Reigns will probably get more heat than most of the heels that night.

And in the other corner, Triple H. This is the main that in not one, but two previous WrestleMania main events, elected nothing but crickets (His match against Jericho at WrestleMania 18, and his dud of a match with Randy Orton at WrestleMania 25). It also doesn't help that he's supposed to be a heel, but had muddied the waters with his face-like mannerisms and actions over the past year,and the fact he's opposing the guy most WWE fans don't like, Reigns. His a tweener at best.

The problem is, i don't think the fans are going to pick either of these two to cheer, i can see the fans hijacking the main event and chanting everything from Macho Man to NxT!

Is this even avoidable? Can WWE do anything to change this incoming catastrophe? Should they put something else, ANYTHING else, in the main event spot this year?

I'm predicting a forced Rock involvement to try and gets the fans to cheer for Reigns, and i also predict it'll fail as much as when they did it at the Rumble last year.

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 61

Re: Will the Triple H vs Roman Reigns WrestleMania main event get the worst crowd response ever?

Postby Str8Shooter » Jan 28, '16, 9:43 pm

I don't see it having the crowd hijack it to be honest. They may boo Reigns and cheer Triple H, I could definitely see that. But I don't see them crapping all over it. People who've came that far for Mania are usually having a pretty good time.

Besides I'm in the camp that thinks it'll actually be a pretty good match too which will help with the crowd.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Re: Will the Triple H vs Roman Reigns WrestleMania main event get the worst crowd response ever?

Postby SortaCreative » Jan 29, '16, 12:54 am

I'd just like to point out that both HHH's main event matches were proceeded by a mental showcase match that pretty much stole the show. His first was going on after Hogan vs. Rock and the second was going on after Taker vs. HBK.

Such disrespect to the King of Kings is not tolerated around these parts.

:D

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Jan 29, '16, 2:33 am

I think the crowd will be fired up for it at least. Roman won't get the desired reaction, but I'd say that either Triple H ends up being the face by default, or the crowd will maybe shit on the match a little but still make noise and react to the big moves. The match won't get the reaction they're hoping for, but it won't be the worst Wrestlemania main event reaction ever.

Honestly, Triple H vs Randy Orton is going to take some beating in that regard. Nobody gave a fuck about that one at all.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Messiah » Jan 29, '16, 9:44 am

Any response is better than no response.

I don't think it's possible to get worse than the crowds reaction to Orton/HHH.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Str8Shooter » Jan 29, '16, 10:13 am

I haven't watched the Jericho/HHH match at Mania 18 lately, but going on after Hogan vs Rock it can't have gotten an amazing reaction.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Jan 29, '16, 12:06 pm

This may sound weird, but I think it will depend on the rest of the card. If fans are hyped up from the rest of the card being great, then that will bleed into the main event. If the undercard doesn't live up to expectations then the crowd will sit on their hands and wait for big moments to react. I don't think fans will shit all over the main event, but I don't see the huge reaction WWE is hoping for. The bad reaction will likely come when Reigns wins. I wish WWE fans had more will power to not go to a show that they know they will hate, but most are wrestling addicts. Leaving a stadium half empty sends more of a message then booing ever could. WWE still has a chance to save the ending of Mania, but they will refuse to do it. If Vince screwed HHH and sided with Reigns (heel turn) then that would be a great ending. You could have a top heel, they could divide the Authority up. That could lead to Vince's WWE guys vs HHH's NXT guys. Imagine a feud between these two factions:

Possible Authority members: Reigns, Del Rio, Rusev, Sheamus (currently injured), Barrett (currently injured), Braun Strowman (Vince convinces him to turn on Bray), Kevin Owens, New Day

Possible HHH members (alot of NXT): AJ Styles (signed by HHH), Sami Zayn, Enzo and Cass, Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows, Kalisto

Basically HHH could use his NXT guys and Vince would have his bigger guys. It also continues many feuds (Zayn vs Owens, Del Rio vs Kalisto, New Day vs Enzo and Cass). Samoa Joe and Baron Corbin could also fit in here somewhere.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Return to WWE