It is currently: May 08, '24, 2:33 pm

Big debut in NXT

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Big debut in NXT

Postby Str8Shooter » Jan 22, '16, 10:42 pm

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: Big debut in NXT

Postby KaiserGlider » Jan 23, '16, 12:07 am

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

That theme song. That pop.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 472

Postby DBSoT » Jan 23, '16, 12:33 am

I am both excited for his debut and his feud with
Spoiler:
Corbin.
It is the best feud for both guys. Think about this roster:
Austin Aires
Sami Zayn
Samoa Joe
Finn Balor
Jordan and Gable
Enzo and Cass
Apollo Crews
Bayley
Asuka
Baron Corbin
Alexa Bliss'
Nakamura (Possibly)
Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson (Possibly)

Seriously, holy shit that roster is sick.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Daz » Jan 23, '16, 5:36 am

He seems a better fit for NXT than James Storm did. He'll have some great matches with the likes of Zayn and Balor. The thought of getting Nakamura/Aries is quite intriguing as well. The new logo and shirt are pretty pimp as well.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby ChrisCrossed » Jan 23, '16, 6:31 am

WWE is ducking stacked...and somehow they'll blow it.

ChrisCrossed Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 9

Postby Headlesspete » Jan 25, '16, 6:50 pm

....am i the only one that finds Aries one of the most cocky people ever? He's like a more arrogant version of CM Punk, but with half the talent.

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 61

Postby Hanley! » Jan 25, '16, 6:57 pm

Headlesspete wrote:....am i the only one that finds Aries one of the most cocky people ever? He's like a more arrogant version of CM Punk, but with half the talent.

I find him cocky, but he's also fucking excellent so who cares? :P Most of WWE's biggest stars aren't any better.

As for his similarity to Punk, I always compared them in my head too. There are two main differences though:
1) Punk is a good bit better on the mic. Aries is actually very good, but Punk is incredible.
2) Aries is waaaay better in the ring. Maybe an unpopular opinion, but there you go. So much better.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Headlesspete » Jan 25, '16, 7:04 pm

Hanley! wrote:
Headlesspete wrote:....am i the only one that finds Aries one of the most cocky people ever? He's like a more arrogant version of CM Punk, but with half the talent.

I find him cocky, but he's also fucking excellent so who cares? :P Most of WWE's biggest stars aren't any better.

As for his similarity to Punk, I always compared them in my head too. There are two main differences though:
1) Punk is a good bit better on the mic. Aries is actually very good, but Punk is incredible.
2) Aries is waaaay better in the ring. Maybe an unpopular opinion, but there you go. So much better.

I dunno, i kinda group Owens, Punk, Aries in this same group of really arrogant wrestlers who think way too highly of themselves, but where as Owens and Punk back it up, I've never felt like Aries was REALLY good. I mean, he's decent enough, but while i can think of plenty of Punk and Owens matches that stand out, i struggle with Aries. And that's not just because he was in TNA, because i watches his entire TNA run, and he just never stood out to me as a "A+ Player" ;)

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 61

Postby Hanley! » Jan 25, '16, 7:09 pm

As a character or on the mic, there's an argument to be made there, but I would say that Aries is the best of them in the ring. By a good margin. Can't wait to see what he does with some of the other guys in NXT and WWE.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE