It is currently: May 06, '24, 10:02 pm

RAW gets worst non-holiday show ratings in 14 months

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

RAW gets worst non-holiday show ratings in 14 months

Postby Everlong » Dec 04, '13, 4:53 pm

Viewership data is in for Monday’s episode of WWE RAW – and it’s bad news all around. RAW’s average audience was 3,541,000 – down almost half a million viewers from the previous week. (Update: RAW drew a 2.65 rating, which ties the lowest rating of the year).

By comparison, the NFL’s Monday Night Football game on ESPN between the New Orleans Saints and the Seattle Seahawks did approximately 15.5 million viewers.

For the second consecutive week, RAW lost viewership every hour throughout the show. Here are the hourly numbers:

• Hour 1: 3,616,000
    Hour 2: 3,560,000
    Hour 3: 3,447,000

The most-watched hour of this week’s show had fewer viewers than the least-watched hour of last week. That means RAW has lost viewers during each of the past 6 hours it was on the air.

You can view some more detailed charts/trends in this article: http://www.sescoops.com/raw-viewership- ... 14-months/

Yikes. Not a good trend.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: RAW gets worst non-holiday show ratings in 14 months

Postby PorkChop » Dec 04, '13, 4:57 pm

2.65 is pretty bad. I think by this time next year, they'll probably average around 2.3.

I remember only 18 months ago they were getting averages of 3.2 / 3.3.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby HFX » Dec 04, '13, 5:38 pm

Vince will find a way to place this on Daniel Bryan somehow. Vince and whoever are in charge of creative need to back the fuck up and get away from it forever. NO ONE wants to see Randy Orton and John Cena in the main event anymore. The fans are making it quite clear they want stars like Bryan, Punk and The Shield to be the focus. WWE is in direct competition with the NFL for a third of the year and it has to step up.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby Settee » Dec 04, '13, 6:17 pm

HFX wrote:Vince will find a way to place this on Daniel Bryan somehow. Vince and whoever are in charge of creative need to back the fuck up and get away from it forever. NO ONE wants to see Randy Orton and John Cena in the main event anymore. The fans are making it quite clear they want stars like Bryan, Punk and The Shield to be the focus. WWE is in direct competition with the NFL for a third of the year and it has to step up.

Couldn't agree more.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby Everlong » Dec 05, '13, 2:56 pm

HFX wrote:Vince will find a way to place this on Daniel Bryan somehow. Vince and whoever are in charge of creative need to back the fuck up and get away from it forever. NO ONE wants to see Randy Orton and John Cena in the main event anymore. The fans are making it quite clear they want stars like Bryan, Punk and The Shield to be the focus. WWE is in direct competition with the NFL for a third of the year and it has to step up.

Yeah, you gotta think that any reasonable person would look at this and say "well, the fans clearly aren't interested in seeing Cena/Orton again." But I doubt they'll look at that and see it.

It's really a shame that they overdid Cena/Orton so much a few years ago, because you'd think that by now people would be interested in seeing them feud again. But man, they really plowed it down people's throats at the time.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby ShaneOfan » Dec 05, '13, 3:26 pm

I vote they hire the PCW and WCSF mod teams. We could figure something out.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby motionmann » Dec 07, '13, 10:02 pm

I honestly don't think they care about rating to much now a days. Seriously. Do you know how many outlets WWE has now for people to watch their shows. They have television, replays on television, youtube, huluplus, the WWE app, and a WWE app on game consoles. All of that isn't even counting people who DVR the show. They don't need people to strictly tune into TV when it's on live anymore.

If you want a real indication of if people are watching or not, pay attention to their PPV numbers. As long as those stay steady/increase, they're doing fine.

motionmann None specified
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 9

Postby Hanley! » Dec 07, '13, 10:08 pm

^^ Their pay per view numbers have been dropping every year. Wrestlemania consistently gets a high buyrate, but might go up or down slightly depending on what the major matches are. But the other pay per views have been declining steadily.

They care more about television though, because that's their biggest source of revenue. So they'll care that the ratings have gone down. How much they care is up for debate, but it's not like the number doesn't mean anything to them.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby motionmann » Dec 07, '13, 10:13 pm

Hanley! wrote:^^ Their pay per view numbers have been dropping every year. Wrestlemania consistently gets a high buyrate, but might go up or down slightly depending on what the major matches are. But the other pay per views have been declining steadily.

They care more about television though, because that's their biggest source of revenue. So they'll care that the ratings have gone down. How much they care is up for debate, but it's not like the number doesn't mean anything to them.

If they cared that much about TV ratings do you think they'd put damn near their entire show on youtube and hulu? They may care some, I highly doubt they care as much as some people believe.

Jobber
Jobber

Postby HFX » Dec 07, '13, 10:37 pm

I'm sure all their sponsors care how the TV ratings are.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Dec 07, '13, 10:54 pm

It's going to be interesting how the PPV numbers for Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania do considering that they had to lean on The Rock to give them PPV buyrates.

I'm not watching the product now just because I hate everything they did to kill Daniel Bryan's momentum. I mean Big Show vs Orton to Cena vs Orton? This isn't 2006 anymore guys, wake up.

EDIT: If I recall correctly, I remember the feud Orton and Cena had was considered one of the worst years to watch the WWE so there's that.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby motionmann » Dec 08, '13, 8:41 am

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:EDIT: If I recall correctly, I remember the feud Orton and Cena had was considered one of the worst years to watch the WWE so there's that.

That was 2009 right? I believe so. And if I'm right, that was one of the best years WWE has had. I remember the summer of 2009 was one of my all time favorite time periods in the WWE.

Jobber
Jobber

Postby PorkChop » Dec 08, '13, 8:43 am

motionmann wrote:
DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:EDIT: If I recall correctly, I remember the feud Orton and Cena had was considered one of the worst years to watch the WWE so there's that.

That was 2009 right? I believe so. And if I'm right, that was one of the best years WWE has had. I remember the summer of 2009 was one of my all time favorite time periods in the WWE.

...really?

2009 is widely recognised as one of the most tedious years in recent WWE memory.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Racing Guy » Dec 08, '13, 1:39 pm

Nothing they do makes any sense. The fans are cheering for Bryan and going crazy with the YES! chants and what do they do? Take him out of the main event and replace him with Big Show of all people. It's like they are determined to do the opposite of what people want.

Racing Guy Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

Topics: 21

Postby Settee » Dec 08, '13, 1:57 pm

Racing Guy wrote:Nothing they do makes any sense. The fans are cheering for Bryan and going crazy with the YES! chants and what do they do? Take him out of the main event and replace him with Big Show of all people. It's like they are determined to do the opposite of what people want.

Welcome to the world of WWE. They have been doing this for a long time now.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Return to WWE