It is currently: May 07, '24, 3:39 am

Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara at 'Mania?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara at 'Mania?

Postby prophet » Dec 04, '13, 11:23 am

Reports that they're still looking to pursue this and I'd be all for it. Apparently the dude who was playing Sin Cara (Mistico) is back in Mexico waiting for his contract to expire and the actual guy playing Sin Cara now is Hunico. The WWE are keen on breaking the world record for the amount of masks worn in one place or something so this is a very likely possibility.

I hope it happens to be honest. Rey could have a good match with anyone and against another lucha-style wrestler (that doesn't suck ass) they could have a really good contest and add something different to the Wrestlemania card. Thoughts?

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara at 'Mania?

Postby VaderBomb » Dec 04, '13, 12:23 pm

Mistico vs Mysterio is any capacity would have been the biggest lucha match of all time.

A past his prime Mysterio vs Hunico dressed like Sin Cara doesn't intrigue me much. WWE wasted Mistico's talent severely.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby The Legend » Dec 04, '13, 12:40 pm

VaderBomb wrote:Mistico vs Mysterio is any capacity would have been the biggest lucha match of all time.

A past his prime Mysterio vs Hunico dressed like Sin Cara doesn't intrigue me much. WWE wasted Mistico's talent severely.

I don't know that you can truly say that. I mean part of it was Mistico and the fact that seemingly every time he stepped into the ring he left it injured.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Settee » Dec 04, '13, 1:47 pm

Well I would rather see Mysterio vs Sami Zayn but Hunico vs Mysterio will be good too. I do hope if this match goes through that it is Mysterio's retirement match.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby PorkChop » Dec 04, '13, 1:49 pm

Settee321 wrote:Well I would rather see Mysterio vs Sami Zayn but Hunico vs Mysterio will be good too. I do hope if this match goes through that it is Mysterio's retirement match.

I don't watch wrestling anymore, but I'd rather see Mysterio vs Hunico than Mysterio vs the actual Sin Cara.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Hanley! » Dec 04, '13, 2:23 pm

It'd be a decent novelty I guess. Two guys in masks wrestling each other. It's funny - that happened all the time back in WCW, but now it's worthy of a Wrestlemania match.

I'm not sure I'd put Mysterio in a one on one match at Wrestlemania though. Just in case something went wrong. Say what you want about Mistico, nobody has been more injury prone than Mysterio in recent years.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby prophet » Dec 04, '13, 3:25 pm

Sami Zayn could potentially be one of those considered to take over as Sin Cara in the future.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby HFX » Dec 04, '13, 4:31 pm

Sami Zayn should NOT take over the Sin Cara gimmick. He's too awesome to be hidden. Hopefully they retire the Sin Cara gimmick and start a new luchador gimmick for Hunico. Give him something to make his own name with and maybe a whole new batch of merchandise to sell.

As for Mistico, he'll go back to being a top draw in Mexico. It's probably for the best as he was doomed from the start. He's talented but just seemed unwilling to adapt to the WWE style or even learn basic English. WWE did him a great disservice by being so lenient. He "paid his dues" in Mexico but needed time in developmental.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby Westcoastvibes » Dec 04, '13, 5:34 pm

A guy well past his time that can hardly walk let alone wrestle vs. A guy that fucks up every time he enters the ring - I'll pass. Nothing against mysterio, he was a awesome attraction 10 years ago but now he is on borrowed time with his knees the way they are. Sin cara is just a waste of space in the wwe, his inability to adapt to the wwe style (intentional or not) has proved to be dangerous yet we continues to treat him like he's royalty.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Viazon » Dec 04, '13, 6:23 pm

You can't put the blame on WWE here. They tried their best to push Sin Cara. He was appearing regularly on Raw and SD but he kept making botches and the crowd just couldn't get into him. I know Mistico is a huge name in Mexico, but I think Rey verses Hunico would be a better match. Hunico is actually quite decent in the ring.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby JPG619 » Dec 05, '13, 11:57 pm

I like Rey but if this match does happen they better not use the crappy lighting or if they do put it in the pre-show.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby VaderBomb » Dec 06, '13, 12:13 am

Viazon wrote:You can't put the blame on WWE here. They tried their best to push Sin Cara. He was appearing regularly on Raw and SD but he kept making botches and the crowd just couldn't get into him. I know Mistico is a huge name in Mexico, but I think Rey verses Hunico would be a better match. Hunico is actually quite decent in the ring.

Hunico is good in the ring. Very good. But considering the weight he has behind his character, a match between Hunico and Mysterio at this point would be underwhelming. Not in athleticism but in historical impact. It wouldn't mean shit.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Settee » Dec 06, '13, 12:48 am

VaderBomb wrote:
Viazon wrote:You can't put the blame on WWE here. They tried their best to push Sin Cara. He was appearing regularly on Raw and SD but he kept making botches and the crowd just couldn't get into him. I know Mistico is a huge name in Mexico, but I think Rey verses Hunico would be a better match. Hunico is actually quite decent in the ring.

Hunico is good in the ring. Very good. But considering the weight he has behind his character, a match between Hunico and Mysterio at this point would be underwhelming. Not in athleticism but in historical impact. It wouldn't mean shit.

The match would still be Rey vs Sin Cara, just as Hunico as Sin Cara instead of Mistico.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby VaderBomb » Dec 07, '13, 8:46 am

Settee321 wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:

The match would still be Rey vs Sin Cara, just as Hunico as Sin Cara instead of Mistico.

My point is, the match would only mean something if it was Mysterio vs Mistico. The greatest luchador of the 90s vs the greatest luchador of the 00s. The name Sin Cara has no weight, but the man behind the mask made it special.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Everlong » Dec 07, '13, 10:41 am

VaderBomb wrote:
Settee321 wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:

My point is, the match would only mean something if it was Mysterio vs Mistico. The greatest luchador of the 90s vs the greatest luchador of the 00s. The name Sin Cara has no weight, but the man behind the mask made it special.

How much of the average WWE fan base really knows anything about Mistico though? It'd probably be a bigger deal for Mexican fans than for WWE fans as a whole.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby SlightlyJames » Dec 07, '13, 10:44 am

Any excitement I'd have had for this is more or less gone, it'd have to be something pretty special.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 07, '13, 12:55 pm

Intrigued.

Out of the loop on this but what's going on here? Sin Cara who I last saw botching up his entrance when he debuted as transformed into two different guys playing him?!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Settee » Dec 07, '13, 3:57 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Intrigued.

Out of the loop on this but what's going on here? Sin Cara who I last saw botching up his entrance when he debuted as transformed into two different guys playing him?!

Well according to reports, Mistico who was the original Sin Cara, is no longer playing the role of SC. Hunico, which played the fake SC, is now the actual Sin Cara because he is better and botches way less. WWE doesn't want to give up on the Sin Cara character so they put the gimmick on Hunico.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby VaderBomb » Dec 08, '13, 11:43 am

Everlong wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:
Settee321 wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:

How much of the average WWE fan base really knows anything about Mistico though? It'd probably be a bigger deal for Mexican fans than for WWE fans as a whole.

It would be a big deal to everyone aside from the casual WWE fan. And we all know that those people can easily be turned on with quick hype videos and video promo packages. For all the fans who live and breath pro-wrestling, it's an ultimate dream match that seems like it's never going to happen now. :(

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Return to WWE