It is currently: May 11, '24, 1:50 am

What's the one decision you haven't forgiven WWE for?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

What's the one decision you haven't forgiven WWE for?

Postby PorkChop » Nov 24, '15, 10:56 am

Mine is when CM Punk lost his belt to a returning Undertaker in 2009. He was having an incredible run with his SES gimmick but it got cut short for reasons I still can't understand. They took the belt off the most entertaining guy on SmackDown they had in years and put it on a part-time, over-the-hill, boring Undertaker who left about a month later. It was atrocious booking.

What's the one moment which still bothers you to this day?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: What's the one decision you haven't forgiven WWE for?

Postby Hanley! » Nov 24, '15, 12:04 pm

I actually have the same one as you. That decision appalled me. They had a star that was basically carrying his brand, and becoming a potential break out name for the company and they buried him to a boring old fart who barely wrestles. And apparently for a very petty reason (because he asked why he had to dress in suits as champion when John Cena didn't).

That decision bugged me so much I stopped watching WWE altogether for a year, and I didn't give them any money (for pay per views or merchandise or whatever else) for five years afterwards. I finally subscribed to the Network earlier this year, but that Punk decision annoyed me enough for me to blacklist them for a while.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Nov 24, '15, 12:06 pm

Giving Punk the belt for an entire year but letting him main event a PPV once in that entire time.

That was the ultimate death bell for the WWE championship. It has been completely meaningless since then.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 24, '15, 12:07 pm

Hanley! wrote:And apparently for a very petty reason (because he asked why he had to dress in suits as champion when John Cena didn't).

Was this actually the reason!? :lol

It's weird, because I feel like I often see Cena wear suits when he does public stuff. That or his own merch.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 24, '15, 12:08 pm

Everlong wrote:That was the ultimate death bell for the WWE championship. It has been completely meaningless since then.

I don't agree with that, the title had meaning when Brock was holding it and crushing people.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Nov 24, '15, 12:09 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
Everlong wrote:That was the ultimate death bell for the WWE championship. It has been completely meaningless since then.

I don't agree with that, the title had meaning when Brock was holding it and crushing people.

Yeah I guess that's a good point. But my beef still stands.

Also the squashing of the Nexus. And the way the Summer of Punk storyline got botched.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Hanley! » Nov 24, '15, 12:11 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:Was this actually the reason!? :lol

It's weird, because I feel like I often see Cena wear suits when he does public stuff. That or his own merch.

At the time, that was the rumour. A pretty popular one, and I've never heard anyone say that it's BS.

Undertaker apparently had a word with Punk to tell him that he should be dressing "more like a champion" and Punk said that Cena didn't dress any differently with the belt. Apparently that came across as him thinking he was as big a star as Cena, so they had to "put him in his place".

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 24, '15, 12:14 pm

Hanley! wrote:

At the time, that was the rumour. A pretty popular one, and I've never heard anyone say that it's BS.

Undertaker apparently had a word with Punk to tell him that he should be dressing "more like a champion" and Punk said that Cena didn't dress any differently with the belt. Apparently that came across as him thinking he was as big a star as Cena, so they had to "put him in his place".

Haha wow. Punk has huge stones to mouth off to Taker :lol

At the same time, it's no wonder to how Punk managed to piss so many people off. I liked Punk as an performer but I've always said he's his own worst enemy. Even if he might be justified with his feelings, he has no ability to be diplomatic about anything.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Hanley! » Nov 24, '15, 12:23 pm

I'm not sure he was his own worst enemy, his candid attitude is a lot of what got him over with the fans outside of the ring. I mean, if he was the nicest guy in the world, they still would have found an excuse to not push him as a major player. He was talented and over with the crowd - those aren't the people who get pushed.

The way they mistreated Punk in 2009 and again in 2011 are the biggest decisions I haven't forgiven WWE for, but there's a bunch of them at this stage. Mostly I resent them for being stubborn and incompetent and never listening to the fans. It's hard to forgive them for their entire outlook these days.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby DBSoT » Nov 24, '15, 12:33 pm

Sheamus beating Daniel Bryan in 18 secs. Daniel Bryan was the most entertaining thing on Smackdown at the time and was just starting to really get a big reaction from the crowd. I was actually looking forward to Sheamus winning the Rumble because him and Bryan are very good in the ring together. I expected that they would have torn the house down at mania. We were however deprived of a great match and Bryan's awesome heel character was squashed in seconds. People tend to say that Bryan losing like that led to his popularity skyrocketing, but he was getting reactions a good time before that. It for sure helped Daniel Bryan move on to being a top face, but he was such a good heel. He has so much more personality as a heel then he does as a face.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Viazon » Nov 24, '15, 12:58 pm

Taking the belt of Christian two days after he won it.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby flock u » Nov 24, '15, 1:16 pm

For me it's Burying WCW when they purchased it. That was the absolute wrong move IMO. What I would have done is Yes take the programming off the air but only for about 6 months you take that 6 months to put togeter a great roster of talents keeping guys like Sting and Booker T and Flair and several others around. Then you put Eric Bischoff in Charge with Shane Mcmahon overseeing him. And then you find another Network for Nitro and Saturday Night(end thunder cause it sucked anways) then you bring it back in a Real re-boot of the brand and keep it as it's own seperate entity. And at no time do you have Vince Mcmahon have any say in how it's booked or run you leave it all up to Shane and Bischoff.

flock u Male
Jobber
Jobber

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 3

Postby Everlong » Nov 24, '15, 1:20 pm

flock u wrote:For me it's Burying WCW when they purchased it.

Yeah and 15 years later they still bury it every chance they get :(

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 24, '15, 1:24 pm

Everlong wrote:
flock u wrote:For me it's Burying WCW when they purchased it.

Yeah and 15 years later they still bury it every chance they get :(

Are people really that pissed about this. I mean don't agree with it either, but Vince despised WCW for years, of course he's going to make his company look better. History is written by the victors right?

Anybody who was around then knows the good of WCW and anybody who wasn't has plenty of non-WWE resources to find out the full story.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Nov 24, '15, 1:35 pm

^It's one thing for WWE to tell the story of how they defeated WCW in the Monday Night Wars. It's another thing for them to essentially perform the equivalent of people teabagging dead players in Halo years after the company's been dead.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Daz » Nov 24, '15, 2:11 pm

There's literally too many things to choose from and it's making my brain hurt trying to narrow it down.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Heisenberg » Nov 25, '15, 3:41 am

Actually 2 decisions come to mind :

Letting Punk drop the belt after 434 days to The Rock

Second is Wade Barret .. When Nexus arrived he was on fire....if they pushed him into the Main Event and let him actually win that belt you have had a serious main event player for years to come,... And look what they did... burried him time after time ..sticking him with Idiotic gimmicks ( altough BNB was pretty cool ) and he has been misused for years

Notable menion : not giving ziggler the push the guy deserves

Heisenberg None specified
Mark
Mark

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby JPG619 » Nov 25, '15, 7:14 pm

I have a few...

1) Having Undertaker lose to Brock Lesner
2) Rock being WWE Champion and not on TV
3) Lesner being WWE Chamption and not on TV

That my top 3 for now there are others but that for another time

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby VaderBomb » Nov 27, '15, 11:57 am

Str8Shooter wrote:
Hanley! wrote:

Haha wow. Punk has huge stones to mouth off to Taker :lol

At the same time, it's no wonder to how Punk managed to piss so many people off. I liked Punk as an performer but I've always said he's his own worst enemy. Even if he might be justified with his feelings, he has no ability to be diplomatic about anything.

Would it have been better for him to be a blind follower like most WWE employees? He did and said what he thought was for the greater good. If they learned anything is another debate entirely, but I commend Punk for speaking out and refusing to conform to illogical decisions.

I'm a firm believer of the "question everything" logic and I've always looked to Punk as an inspiration of sorts.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Chewy » Nov 27, '15, 2:10 pm

Making Paul Burchill a pirate instead of a beast.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Return to WWE