It is currently: May 20, '24, 9:43 am

I think I might be done with WWE

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

I think I might be done with WWE

Postby prophet » Nov 23, '15, 2:17 pm

This isn't a dramatic overreaction to Survivor Series because, whilst hilariously booked, I didn't watch Survivor Series and didn't care about who won.

I've not watched WWE properly for since Wrestlemania and these days when I do check in it's usually to catch something noteworthy you guys have spoken about or watch a match I feel I might like (Rollins/Owens/Neville/Cesaro matches most likely) but I've not been invested in the show or a character in the longest time so I'm starting to wonder whether I'm done with it.

Rollins is out injured indefinitely, Cesaro is now out for 4-6 months and Daniel Bryan might never be returning. So who is there to keep me invested and watching each week? Most of the other talented guys are doing nothing in the mid-card and even the people with some elevation (Owens being the prime example) are doing jobs on a weekly basis.

I'm bored to death of The Wyatt Family and I don't care about Reigns, Ambrose or Sheamus. So I genuinely don't have a reason to watch anymore and don't think I'm going to plan on watching again for a while. It's a shame really but I find watching the WWE exhausting. Maybe I'll stick solely with NXT, I'm not sure.

Anyone else feel the same way?

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: I think I might be done with WWE

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 23, '15, 2:29 pm

See ya next week! :P

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Nov 23, '15, 2:39 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:See ya next week! :P

I hate comments like these because they're based on a false assumption. And also they're just kinda obnoxious. :P

The thing is that while there are a lot of WWE fans that threaten to stop watching and then don't (because of the lack of alternative options), ratings are plummeting right now. Less people are watching on a weekly basis. Which means that yes, there are more people who are truly "done with WWE" every single week at the moment. They really are scaring people off.

I was looking forward to watching Survivor Series last night because I have the next two weeks off, which means that I can stay up until 4am relatively guilt free. And I did stay up that late last night ... but in the end I didn't bother watching the show. There were better things to do, even at that time of night. I checked in here to see what happened at around 4am and didn't feel like I had missed a damn thing.

The show really is that bad right now. Tim was telling me last night that the product is the worst it's been since the mid-90s but that ship has sailed a while ago if you ask me. It's been worse than it was in the mid 90s for some time now.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 23, '15, 2:46 pm

Hanley! wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:See ya next week! :P

I hate comments like these because they're based on a false assumption. And also they're just kinda obnoxious. :P

The thing is that while there are a lot of WWE fans that threaten to stop watching and then don't (because of the lack of alternative options)

I was trying to be obnoxious! :P

I don't have a problem with people quitting watching if they think it's that bad. Go right ahead. I'd rather they just quit than go online and bitch about how bad it is all the time. That's what annoys me. If you find nothing redeemable about watching, then you should be finding other things to do. If not then you're just an idiot.

Hanley! wrote:The show really is that bad right now. Tim was telling me last night that the product is the worst it's been since the mid-90s but that ship has sailed a while ago if you ask me. It's been worse than it was in the mid 90s for some time now.

As someone who watched in the mid 90's and still watches every week now. There's no way it's as bad as the mid 90's. We don't get TL Hopper vs Henry Godwinn on Raw now.

At least now you know you'll get good wrestling each week if nothing else.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby DBSoT » Nov 23, '15, 2:59 pm

I am kind of in the same boat. I was already tuning out the weekly shows and catching up on the PPVs. I would have stayed if WWE would have used these injuries as a chance to try new things, but instead they sat on their hands and tried to run the same stories with mid card talent. The worst example of their laziness is the Sheamus cash in. They are rehashing the Daniel Bryan story, but with someone who doesn't have a similar history of being held back. So even they believe that Daniel Bryan got over because of their writing or they believe Roman Reigns is a sympathetic character. Both of which are total BS. My most destructive thing the WWE has right now is the Authority. The Authority being around turns every main event babyface into the same character. They are all supposed to be "held down" by the powers that be. It worked with Bryan and a bit with Ziggler, but it just looks ridiculous with Cena and Reigns. It is also just not responsible for me to ever spend 3 hours watching a TV that is this badly written. It is a waste of my time.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby PorkChop » Nov 23, '15, 3:56 pm

I gave up about 3 years ago and I don't miss it, mainly because I know I could tune back in at any time and nothing would've changed. I want to like wrestling, but WWE as a company have been stale for a long time now.

Have a break for a bit, it might do you some good. The UFC are putting on some ridiculously good shows at the moment so it's not all doom and gloom, tune in.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Daz » Nov 23, '15, 4:01 pm

I've not watched a full Raw pretty much all year. There's other products that don't frequently let me down, and even at their worst, tend to be better than the sterile and uninspired product WWE have been churning out for years now.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby EmperorWu » Nov 23, '15, 4:12 pm

Yep me too. I haven't watched Raw in probably 6 months, and don't even watch whole PPVs anymore, I usually skip most of the card. Considering how religiously I've watched WWE for the last 3 or 4 years that's pretty sad. It's just not enjoyable anymore, and it's not all burn out. It just sucks most of the time. At least we still have the NXT PPVs.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Viazon » Nov 24, '15, 1:40 pm

I watch out of habit these days. I barely pay attention and I'm usually browsing the internet while I have it on. The only thing that's interesting these days is the New Day.

I can't even get excited about people I like, like Ziggler and Cesaro because they horribly misuse them.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby SortaCreative » Nov 24, '15, 1:51 pm

They don't misuse Ziggler. Ziggler is shit. His name is Dolph Ziggler. DOLPH. ZIGGLER. He was never going to be taken seriously.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54

Postby Hanley! » Nov 24, '15, 1:52 pm

SortaCreative wrote:They don't misuse Ziggler. Ziggler is shit. His name is Dolph Ziggler. DOLPH. ZIGGLER. He was never going to be taken seriously.

You mean by the company? Because the fans took him seriously and were ready to accept him as a headliner for years.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Viazon » Nov 24, '15, 1:55 pm

SortaCreative wrote:They don't misuse Ziggler. Ziggler is shit. His name is Dolph Ziggler. DOLPH. ZIGGLER. He was never going to be taken seriously.

You may think he's shit, but I don't and neither do a lot of other fans. He is better than most of the talent they have on the roster and he is over. People would accept him as a main eventer but they refuse to make him one.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 24, '15, 9:02 pm

I hate that name.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Heisenberg » Nov 25, '15, 3:34 am

The main reasons im getting more and more done with WWE are these;

- same old same old main eventers ( Cena , Orton , Sheamus etc etc )
- therefore the same old matches in different themes ( from singles to hiac )
- the aggrevating habbit WWE has to screw up the best matches due to outside interference , for example the WWE title match at Survivor Series. Why let Reigns drop that title right away? Why didnt they let us as fans enjoy the moment and for all i care screwed reigns on Raw ( beat down and than a cash in by Sheamus )
And not allone at Survivor series..they did it also at Mania and Money in the bank.
- good talent are stuck in nxt or midcard ( Samoa Joe , cody Rhodes , Barrett , neville , ambrose etcetc )

Plus in my personal opinion wwe has overkilled the fans with wwe network... If you wanted to watch all different wwe shows every week..you have to be unemployed and have no life ...cos its just tooo much.... Plus the fact that raw is a 3 hour show didnt help either....

The reason WWE is getting less interesting is partly cos its PG ..its partly cos they are doing the same old sjtick for over 10 years ..and the lack of serious competition ( TNA , ROH etc )

I as a 30+ year fan have had enough of the same old shizzle.....but i keep on watching cos there is no serious alternative

Heisenberg None specified
Mark
Mark

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby SortaCreative » Nov 25, '15, 5:25 am

Hanley! wrote:

You mean by the company? Because the fans took him seriously and were ready to accept him as a headliner for years.

A handful of cheers does not make a headliner. He needs to take Austin's advice and stop looking like a wet fish out of water when he sells. He gets hit and goes flying 70 miles. Breeze does his gimmick better than him and is a better performer all round.

His finisher is the ZigZag. Please, he's one step away from Zack Ryder. If you want to be taken seriously as a competitor how about you present yourself like a legit athlete and threat in the ring. Engage the people in the story the match is telling and not oversell like a retard. I can't get behind him because whenever Rusev kicks him I don't think "damn he's down, cmon ZIGGLER, get up my lad", I think "holy shit he did 15 flips hitting the mat and looks like he's dead".

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby The Legend » Nov 25, '15, 7:47 am

^^^ Did you hate Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair their entire careers? They oversold far more than Ziggler.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Nov 26, '15, 12:45 pm

SortaCreative wrote:A handful of cheers does not make a headliner ....

If you want to be taken seriously as a competitor how about you present yourself like a legit athlete and threat in the ring ...

If you're going to classify the reactions Ziggler was getting at the peak of his career as a "handful of cheers" then there's no point in arguing with you, because your hearing is incredibly selective. He spent years being one of the most over full-time performers in the company and that's without being backed by any kind of consistent push. Had he been pushed, those reactions could have been even bigger.

And as I said already, he has been taken seriously. Don't confuse your own opinions for everyone else's.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Headlesspete » Nov 26, '15, 2:40 pm

Yeah, I'm gonna throw my name in the hat of fans that are ready to give WWE a good break.

I've watched it for the past 16 years or so, but its never got to the point where I'm actually dreading having to watch the shows. I've no idea why i still do, because if any other show gets as boring or tedious, I just stop watching. I think with WWE, its because there's always this idea things "could" get better, something "could" be good, "maybe" this might happen. And yet more and more I'm left feeling bored by the whole product.

I think the only reason I still watch right now is because I'm all booked for WrestleMania, but my and the mate I'm going with said the past few days, if things are the same by the time we go, the trip is going to be more a farewell tour to WWE than a dream come true.

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 61

Postby SortaCreative » Nov 26, '15, 5:32 pm

Hanley! wrote:
SortaCreative wrote:A handful of cheers does not make a headliner ....

If you want to be taken seriously as a competitor how about you present yourself like a legit athlete and threat in the ring ...

If you're going to classify the reactions Ziggler was getting at the peak of his career as a "handful of cheers" then there's no point in arguing with you, because your hearing is incredibly selective. He spent years being one of the most over full-time performers in the company and that's without being backed by any kind of consistent push. Had he been pushed, those reactions could have been even bigger.

And as I said already, he has been taken seriously. Don't confuse your own opinions for everyone else's.

Not by Vince

:crybaby :crybaby :crybaby :crybaby :crybaby

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 26, '15, 5:41 pm

It's baffling how Dolph was chosen to be the final member of Team Cena against the Authority last Survivor Series. The guy went through the final 3 members of that team and won the "freedom" from the Authority. How did that happen? How did the same Ziggler who's never been seen as a top guy by them get chosen to do that? Did someone lose a bet or something?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Next

Return to WWE