It is currently: May 21, '24, 4:57 am

A MESSAGE TO NXT FANS

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

A MESSAGE TO NXT FANS

Postby EmperorWu » Nov 20, '15, 5:29 pm

http://www.workofwrestling.com/wowblog/ ... r-nxt-fans

This is a really good article and expresses what many of us have thought for a long while now. Watch the Kevin Owens video at least, he kills the Full Sail audience.

Nothing annoys me more than when the audience chants, "We are awesome!". I want to bitch slap every last one of them.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 62

Re: A MESSAGE TO NXT FANS

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 20, '15, 5:38 pm

I agree that the Full Sail crowd can go over the top, the most annoying to me is the sheer number of chants more so than the chants themselves. It seems like they just can't stop chanting.

But where do you draw the line? The Full Sail crowd was widely praised in the beginning and has a big part in the rise of NXT over the past year or two. Surely people would rather have a lively crowd that chants too much to the dead crowds you often see on Raw sitting on their hands or playing with their phones?

It's a delicate balance.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Nov 20, '15, 6:19 pm

The crowd is the biggest knock on NXT for me. They have a sense of entitlement because they were given this amazing show. They booed the fact that WWE had a takeover in Brooklyn and reports of yesterday's tapings say that they booed NXT Takeover London as well. That stuff is just immature BS. They are given this great thing that they have access to weekly (if you count house shows) and they bitch because WWE wants the brand to expand. That is entitlement at its finest. The full sail fans are to self aware. The best example was a few weeks ago when they were ruining a great Alexa Bliss' promo. They don't seem to care about what story is going on, they only care about getting attention for themselves.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Postby Hanley! » Nov 20, '15, 8:51 pm

I'd far prefer a lively crowd, than the dead crowds we see at Raw constantly. I have absolutely no problem with the Full Sail crowd. When they were booing Brooklyn during the summer that was pretty bad form, I didn't approve of that. But if they want to chant a whole bunch, then more power too them. I don't see what's so bad about that.

This crowd helps wrestlers get over. They don't try to hijack shows in a negative way, they really support their favourite performers and make sure that they do well by reacting to everything they're doing. They don't give up on things easily. They generally react to storylines in the way they're supposed to, rather than cheering for the heels and booing the faces.

They're mostly just an enthusiastic, optimistic crowd. They treat the show as if it's good and they like it, and the show comes off better as a result. It's really refreshing compared to Raw where the crowds (for good reason) are jaded and hate most of the guys they're supposed to like, and often like the guys that WWE would rather they ignored.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Messiah » Nov 21, '15, 12:32 am

Yea, I hate the NXT crowd. It's like the Raw after WrestleMania crowd. It was good at first until the company started acknowledging it, now they are overly obnoxious. "We are awesome" is the worst chant ever.

Chicago crowds will forever be the best.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Daz » Nov 21, '15, 5:26 am

I will never understand this complaint. Nothing kills a wrestling event quicker than a crowd sitting on their hands. The NXT crowd could chant the alphabet for all I care as long as they're loud, lively and consistent.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Hanley! » Nov 21, '15, 5:33 am

For all the people complaining about the "We are awesome" chant, that one is pretty obnoxious I guess. But I also don't ever recall hearing it at an NXT event. I also don't recall hearing anyone chant things that don't relate to the match or one of the characters in the ring. These are things that always happen on the Raw after Wrestlemania, or any bad Raw happening in a smarky town when the audience just completely turns on the show. But they're not chants I've ever heard watching NXT.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby erik » Nov 21, '15, 9:40 am

My only problem with the Full Sail crowd is their overuse of the "This is awesome" chant. Like, if you do it during every match, it kills the appeal of the chant when a match actually is awesome.

erik None specified
Mark
Mark

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 21, '15, 9:46 am

erik wrote:My only problem with the Full Sail crowd is their overuse of the "This is awesome" chant. Like, if you do it during every match, it kills the appeal of the chant when a match actually is awesome.

This isn't just an NXT issue, this happens on Raw almost every week it feels like at some point.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby DBSoT » Nov 21, '15, 10:43 am

I am surprised that @Hanley, you don't have a problem with this. As someone who respects good writing and a good story, I would think you would hate having people derail those stories just so they can serve their own interests. The full sail crowd tend to shit on anything that doesn't give them exactly what they want at that moment. A few examples of this are Dana Brookes debut. She had not even had her first feud and the crowd was shitting on her because she wasn't exactly who they wanted. Reports said they were chanting "You can't wrestle" before her debut match was even over. That is disrespectful to the talent and to the overall point of NXT. Another example is the crowd booing the fact that NXT wants to have specials outside of full sail. That is entitlement. I am happy that NXT is likely touring next year, because different fans make for a better week in week out show.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 21, '15, 11:46 am

DBSoT wrote:The full sail crowd tend to shit on anything that doesn't give them exactly what they want at that moment. A few examples of this are Dana Brookes debut. She had not even had her first feud and the crowd was shitting on her because she wasn't exactly who they wanted. Reports said they were chanting "You can't wrestle" before her debut match was even over.

You could argue that as a point against the NXT crowd sure, but by the same token, Brooke has improved and shown that in the ring and as a character and those chants seem to have quickly disappeared and now she gets heat for her character and what she's supposed to be doing. She earned their "respect" and they gave it to her.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby JPG619 » Nov 21, '15, 5:44 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:I agree that the Full Sail crowd can go over the top, the most annoying to me is the sheer number of chants more so than the chants themselves. It seems like they just can't stop chanting.

But where do you draw the line? The Full Sail crowd was widely praised in the beginning and has a big part in the rise of NXT over the past year or two. Surely people would rather have a lively crowd that chants too much to the dead crowds you often see on Raw sitting on their hands or playing with their phones?

It's a delicate balance.

To me I rather them chant what ever they like since a lively crowd makes the show too, if the crowed is dead i tend to doze off since if they are not interested in the match why should I be. I think the WWE should try to get the crowd going even off camera say during a break so when watching on TV does not become a bore fest at times

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Hanley! » Nov 21, '15, 9:52 pm

DBSoT wrote:I am surprised that @Hanley, you don't have a problem with this. As someone who respects good writing and a good story, I would think you would hate having people derail those stories just so they can serve their own interests.

They don't really derail stories though. At least they do so far less than the Raw crowd. For the most part, they cheer the faces and they boo the heels. When there's a heel turn, they boo the guy who just turned heel. When a match is supposed to be a big deal, they make even more noise for it. They make sure their home grown talent gets over by always cheering the stuff they're involved in.

Compare that to Raw, where the crowd frequently does derail things. They boo the faces, the cheer the heels, they chant stuff that's irrelevant to the match or the characters in the ring (this almost never happens in NXT, and is the best example of crowd hijacking out there). And worst of all, they sit on their hands for moments that are supposed to be important, cos they don't give a fuck. I'm not even blaming the Raw crowds really, I think they're entitled to react badly to a product that sucks. But comparing them to those at Full Sail is like night and day.

As I said before, it's bad form for those fans to boo shows that aren't going to be in Full Sail, but that's a minor point and doesn't come up much. Overall, NXT have done very well out of Full Sail and as viewers at home, we've benefited too.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 21, '15, 10:00 pm

I think the fans booing the announcements of NXT tapings or shows elsewhere is akin to when an authority figure on Raw announces a match for "next week", or "at PPV X", the crowd almost always boos. And they have for years. People don't want to hear announcements of something good that they wish they could be seeing Live.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby The Legend » Nov 22, '15, 6:54 am

Str8Shooter wrote:I think the fans booing the announcements of NXT tapings or shows elsewhere is akin to when an authority figure on Raw announces a match for "next week", or "at PPV X", the crowd almost always boos. And they have for years. People don't want to hear announcements of something good that they wish they could be seeing Live.

That's not exactly true. The only time announcements like that get booed on RAW is when whoever is talking is specifically leading the crowd on and trolling them by making them think they are about to see the match that night. When wrestlers or anybody talks about a match being at a PPV straight away it usually garners a positive reaction. I can't remember the specific examples of NXT Brooklyn how it was laid out though.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to WWE