It is currently: May 05, '24, 2:08 pm

Neville is a big match player and should be pushed

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Neville is a big match player and should be pushed

Postby prophet » Nov 18, '15, 6:05 pm

Seriously.

Neville is my favourite wrestler in the WWE. He was never going to make huge strides in his debut year because competition is tough and his complete lack of mic skills handicap him but he's had these moments throughout 2015 where he's torn the house down and proved yet again why he should be pushed.

He's had incredible matches with Cena, Rollins, Ziggler and Owens among others and has the move set to capture a crowd and get them on side. Each time he's had these high profile matches he's excelled and looked like a star and the match against Owens on RAW was no different.

Give him the Rey Mysterio underdog role, find a way to make him interesting outside of the ring and he could be a star. Again, I'm serious with this.

(FYI: My favourite all rounder in the WWE today, in Rollins' absence, is Kevin Owens...another dude that has it)

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Neville is a big match player and should be pushed

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 18, '15, 8:24 pm

I wish he would be given more of a focus than he has now, but I could wish that about virtually every midcarder, because none of them have stories.

I'm not sure Neville needs a big push though, as good as he may be. You said it yourself, "complete lack of mic skills", that's definitely a hindrance. It holds Cesaro back, and he has the other tools to be a big player that Neville lacks, like good size.

Plus, look at all the guys who arguably need better pushes. Does Neville really deserve it more than an Ambrose, Cesaro, Owens, Rusev, Ziggler, Breeze, etc?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby VaderBomb » Nov 19, '15, 12:45 am

Str8Shooter wrote:You said it yourself, "complete lack of mic skills", that's definitely a hindrance. It holds Cesaro back, and he has the other tools to be a big player that Neville lacks, like good size.

Claudio Castagnoli doesn't have a complete lack of mic skills, but the allowance of speaking time that WWE designates to his character Cesaro is disrespectful and confusing.

Before WWE he was a total package, you shouldn't allow WWE to weaken his natural strengths via lazy/shit booking.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby The Legend » Nov 19, '15, 4:47 am

VaderBomb wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:You said it yourself, "complete lack of mic skills", that's definitely a hindrance. It holds Cesaro back, and he has the other tools to be a big player that Neville lacks, like good size.

Claudio Castagnoli doesn't have a complete lack of mic skills, but the allowance of speaking time that WWE designates to his character Cesaro is disrespectful and confusing.

Before WWE he was a total package, you shouldn't allow WWE to weaken his natural strengths via lazy/shit booking.

He may not get a lot of mic time, but that doesn't change the fact that he's been boring and ineffective with the time he's been given.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Nov 19, '15, 4:52 pm

Neville might not be great on the mic, but it's not like he's terrible. He was sufficient enough on the mic to perform his role admirably in the best feud WWE have written in years (Adrian Neville vs Sami Zayn).

And how many people on Raw are really great on the mic these days? They have few brilliant mic workers on the roster, particularly from their full timers. Neville is about on par with a lot of them probably, and better than some.

Even if he was a complete dunce on the mic, I don't agree that it should hold him back in his career. This guy is the most spectacular in ring performer they have, by far. If you're so far above everyone else in a single area, that's enough to make you a star if the company knows how to use you. Neville is so good in the ring that he doesn't need to be good at anything else. But he does need a little company support.

Sadly, I feel that kind of guy is completely pigeon-holed these days. I never felt that he'd do all that well on the main roster. I hope I'm proven wrong one day, because he deserves a hell of a lot more than what he's being given now.

On another note, I hate the name Neville. Adrian Neville was fine, but Neville on its own sucks. It makes him seem so dorky. It just doesn't work at all, it instantly reduces his star power.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Nov 19, '15, 5:02 pm

There aren't a whole lot of great mic workers in the WWE as it is right now anyway, so I don't think "not great mic skills" should be a thing that holds anyone back.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Nov 19, '15, 5:05 pm

Everlong wrote:There aren't a whole lot of great mic workers in the WWE as it is right now anyway, so I don't think "not great mic skills" should be a thing that holds anyone back.

I think there's plenty of guys that are at least really good on the mic, if not better. Whether or not they are being given material that allows that to show through or not is another topic altogether.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Nov 19, '15, 5:13 pm

The Legend wrote:Whether or not they are being given material that allows that to show through or not is another topic altogether.

Yeah, this is definitely a huge issue. Part of the problem is that nobody really stands out any more, and it's because all faces and heels are given the same material and are basically told to play the same characters.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Nov 19, '15, 5:15 pm

The Legend wrote:I think there's plenty of guys that are at least really good on the mic, if not better. Whether or not they are being given material that allows that to show through or not is another topic altogether.

I'm sure that's true, but nobody in the company is getting good material. So of the wrestlers who have been there for just a few years or less, it's almost impossible to make a proper judgment on who's talented on the mic and who isn't. The only thing we can know for sure is that almost everyone on Raw cuts bad promos.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE