It is currently: May 09, '24, 11:57 am

Predict the WrestleMania card

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Predict the WrestleMania card

Postby Everlong » Nov 11, '15, 8:13 pm

WrestleMania 32 in Texas. Predict the card NOW!

DO IT

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Predict the WrestleMania card

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 12, '15, 7:58 pm

Reigns vs Lesnar II: The Reignsening
Taker vs Cena
The Rock vs Triple H
Sting vs Bray Wyatt

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 472

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Nov 12, '15, 11:18 pm

I read that The Rock will not be there due to him making a movie and the insurance policy says he cannot wrestle.

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 13, '15, 1:35 am

CMPUNKFAN wrote:I read that The Rock will not be there due to him making a movie and the insurance policy says he cannot wrestle.

In that case I change my prediction to Triple H vs Sting II.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby JPG619 » Nov 13, '15, 5:55 pm

CMPUNKFAN wrote:I read that The Rock will not be there due to him making a movie and the insurance policy says he cannot wrestle.

If that is true I am happy. Part-Timers should never earn the right to be on Mania. Mania should be for wrestlers that earned there spot in the spotlight.

In others sports only the best of the best get to play in the biggest event so the WWE should do that too.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Everlong » Nov 14, '15, 7:04 pm

JPG619 wrote:

If that is true I am happy. Part-Timers should never earn the right to be on Mania. Mania should be for wrestlers that earned there spot in the spotlight.

In others sports only the best of the best get to play in the biggest event so the WWE should do that too.

If the WWE was booking things correctly I'd say WrestleMania season is actually the time of year where it's OK to have part-timers around. But they're so reliant on them every year and throughout the year that it doesn't really mean as much to see big names make special appearances any more.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Nov 14, '15, 9:53 pm

I think it's fine to use part-timers when it comes to Wrestlemania. It's an extra special element to add to what is supposed to be the most special show of the year. However, if they're going to bring back their veterans for a Wrestlemania pay day, I'd prefer if they would abide by these three rules:

1) The part-timers should be involved in no more than two matches
2) The part-timers should be around for at least three shows prior to Wrestlemania to promote their story.
3) The part-timers should never work exclusively with each other. They should feud with the active talent.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Nov 14, '15, 10:36 pm

Hanley! wrote:I think it's fine to use part-timers when it comes to Wrestlemania. It's an extra special element to add to what is supposed to be the most special show of the year. However, if they're going to bring back their veterans for a Wrestlemania pay day, I'd prefer if they would abide by these three rules:

2) The part-timers should be around for at least three shows prior to Wrestlemania to promote their story.
3) The part-timers should never work exclusively with each other. They should feud with the active talent.
#3 can have exceptions if the story makes sense, but if they have old timer vs old timer then that should be their veteran quota for the show.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Nov 15, '15, 6:17 am

Hanley! wrote:I think it's fine to use part-timers when it comes to Wrestlemania. It's an extra special element to add to what is supposed to be the most special show of the year. However, if they're going to bring back their veterans for a Wrestlemania pay day, I'd prefer if they would abide by these three rules:

3) The part-timer can only wrestle active talent if he's willing to do the right thing and take the loss. If two part-timers aren't willing to take the loss, they must fight each other. The winner will be decided by an actual fist fight between the two part-timers a week before Mania.

In all seriousness, I'm fine with a couple part-timer matches, one in which a part-timer puts over a younger talent and one in which it's two part-timers fighting each other as long as they are two part-timers that make sense and can still do enough to make the match interesting.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby The Legend » Nov 16, '15, 3:37 pm

My predictions for card:

HBK Guest Host
WHC: Roman Reigns ( c ) vs Brock Lesnar vs Sheamus (Steve Austin special referee)
IC: Finn Balor vs King Barrett ( c )
US: Del Rio ( c ) vs Neville vs Miz
Tag: Wyatts (Strowman & Harper) ( c ) vs Ascension w/ Stardust vs Usos vs Lucha Dragons
Divas: Sasha Banks ( c ) vs Becky Lynch vs Bayley
Grudge: Charlotte vs Nikki
Grudge: Seth Rollins vs HHH
Legends: Undertaker vs Kevin Owens
Legends: Sting vs Cena
Tag: Cesaro and Ziggler vs Rusev and Breeze
Pre-Show: Ambrose vs Stardust

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Hanley! » Nov 16, '15, 4:59 pm

The Legend wrote:My predictions for card:

HBK Guest Host
WHC: Roman Reigns ( c ) vs Brock Lesnar vs Sheamus (Steve Austin special referee)
Tag: Wyatts (Strowman & Harper) ( c ) vs Ascension w/ Stardust vs Usos vs Lucha Dragons

I'm still not sure what card I'm expecting, but there are a couple of these that I really doubt they'd do.

The main one is Sheamus anywhere near the main event. I'm not sure he even wins when he cashes in, but even if he does, he definitely won't be near the title scene at Wrestlemania of all places. He's lost a bunch lately, he never gets singles matches on pay per view ... it just won't happen.

I also don't think that Barrett of all people will be getting a singles match at Wrestlemania. Very few active roster wrestlers get singles matches at Wrestlemania these days, a midcard nobody isn't going to get one.

Seth probably won't be around for Wrestlemania sadly, or I'm sure that Triple H match would have happened. Sting also probably won't be around.

The other matches all seem pretty possible. Owens vs Undertaker is one I could see happening. Lesnar and Reigns (without Sheamus) is very possible. The women's matches are very plausible too.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Nov 16, '15, 5:25 pm

Hanley! wrote:
The Legend wrote:My predictions for card:

HBK Guest Host

I'm still not sure what card I'm expecting, but there are a couple of these that I really doubt they'd do.

The main one is Sheamus anywhere near the main event. I'm not sure he even wins when he cashes in, but even if he does, he definitely won't be near the title scene at Wrestlemania of all places. He's lost a bunch lately, he never gets singles matches on pay per view ... it just won't happen.

I also don't think that Barrett of all people will be getting a singles match at Wrestlemania. Very few active roster wrestlers get singles matches at Wrestlemania these days, a midcard nobody isn't going to get one.

Seth probably won't be around for Wrestlemania sadly, or I'm sure that Triple H match would have happened. Sting also probably won't be around.

The other matches all seem pretty possible. Owens vs Undertaker is one I could see happening. Lesnar and Reigns (without Sheamus) is very possible. The women's matches are very plausible too.

I think they've got bigger plans for Sheamus once he cashes in than they are letting us in on. I think they are just giving him the typical MITB holder crappy treatment so he wins and "shocks" everyone. He's still pretty over in a weird way for a heel in that he gets one of the bigger reactions of anyone on the card - even if it comes in the crowd telling him he looks stupid.

I tried getting every title on the card because I'd like to see that, but it's possible they go another route. So it's possible that my midcard titles, the grudge tag and my pre-show match all combine into some crappy battle royal or something of the ilk, but I'm trying to be a little more optimistic.

Also, it's possible Seth and Sting won't be around, but I think it might be possible that they are back and again was trying to be optimistic.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 16, '15, 6:03 pm

If people want to see what a Mania looks like without part timers, this might be the closest you get. With Austin not wrestling, and Rock likely not wrestling. You might have Brock and Taker as the only two. Although I could still see Triple H finding a way in there :P

I'll take a stab at a card:

WWE World Heavyweight Title: Roman Reigns (c) vs Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar
- I think Reigns will be champ from Survivor Series, he'll either be heel or Ambrose will. Lesnar gets thrown in as the big draw of the match and because there's nothing else for him to do.
Era vs Era: The Undertaker vs John Cena
- I like this match and feel like, while it should have happened years ago, it still should happen. Two stars of different eras fighting with Cena eager to try and do the one thing he hasn't done in his stellar career.
WWE Intercontinental Title: Kevin Owens (c) vs Sami Zayn
- Natural rivalry from NXT, I'll guess and say Zayn debuts soon after his injury heals, maybe at the Rumble.
WWE Tag Team Titles: New Day vs The Dudleyz vs The Usos (c) vs Rowan & Harper
- Random multi team tag match to get guys on the card. Any of these could be champs by then but I'll guess it'll be the Usos going in.
WWE Divas Title: Sasha Banks (c) vs Charlotte
- WWE will want a big buzz worthy Womens match and they know these two can deliver a quality match. A strong part of me believes this could end up being like a 5 way Divas match as well though.
WWE United States Title: Alberto Del Rio (c) vs Cesaro
- I'll say Del Rio is either still champion, or has won it again by Mania. Cesaro gets an actual singles Mania match as a bone to the die hard fans, and wins the US title from Del Rio and his old manager Zeb.
Andre the Giant Memoral Battle Royale:
- Everyone else gets thrown in here!! Miz/Ziggler/Barrett/Sheamus/Neville/Stardust/Breeze/Rusev

Pre Show:
Divas Title #1 Contenders Match: Becky Lynch vs Nikki Bella vs Naomi vs Brie Bella

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Nov 16, '15, 6:53 pm

It's weird ... they're sure to want to put Triple H in there, but who the hell would his opponent be? If Reigns is face and isn't going for the title, then you could have him fight Triple H. Ambrose would also be a possibility, but that's not a match that's going to draw really. There doesn't seem to be a lot of potential for him on this show. I'd rather he just sit it out now that he doesn't have Seth to face.

I really don't want them to do a triple threat match this year, as we kinda had one the last two years. Lets go for something new. Other than that, I think your card looks pretty realistic, Brett. I'd also say that Cesaro and Del Rio are unlikely to get a singles match, but everything else could happen.

Zayn and Owens is a long shot, but if it happened, it would be the biggest draw of the show for me personally. I'd love to see that feud go to Wrestlemania. There's an established rivalry there, and Zayn finally getting his revenge would make for a nice cap to the feud at Wrestlemania.

Sasha vs Charlotte is kinda the match I'm expecting for the women at Wrestlemania. I hope they take your option and make a second #1 contenders match, rather than just involving all the other women in the title match by making it Lumberjill or any crap like that. Undertaker is really the best match left for John Cena, who has worked with everyone as a face and has long since become a liability when it comes to making intriguing pay per view cards. There's nobody much left for Undertaker either, other than Kevin Owens.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby prophet » Nov 18, '15, 5:02 pm

Here's my go.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Roman Reigns (c) vs John Cena
Continuing the theme of Wrestlemania main events nobody wants to see or cares about...I give to you...this. I expect Reigns to be heel by April and in cahoots with The Authority defending his title against the ultimate thorn in their side in Cena. Superman hasn't been around the title scene for a while so it's likely time for him to get back in the mix, expect him to put Roman over. UNLESS HE TURNZ HEEL OMGZ.

Brock Lesnar vs The Rock
I'm pretty damn sure this will happen at some point as soon as they can make it happen. I don't know anything about The Rock's schedule and I'm not that bothered at this point because these are only predictions after all. Rock vs Brock pretty much sells itself.

Triple H vs Dean Ambrose
This is another that I'm meh on because I doubt they'll give Ambrose a Single's match at Wrestlemania but I've pretty much got him replacing Rollins as HHH's opponent. Difference is I don't think he'd go over.

Intercontinental Championship
Kevin Owens (c) vs Daniel Bryan
I'll go ahead and assume Bryan will be cleared by the WWE to return to the ring soon and (health permitting) he'll return to go after the title he never lost. Bryan vs Owens is another dream match scenario that will be sure to keep people happy and I'm sure it'd be an absolute clinic given time.

The Undertaker and Kane vs Bray Wyatt and Sting
No I'm not high, I'm just trying to fit these guys on the card without filling the show up with singles matches. I was originally thinking Wyatt vs Sting but what would you do with Taker? In this scenario after The Brothers of Destruction have dispatched the rest of The Wyatt Family, Bray recruits one last ally in order to destroy The Undertaker and that man is...Sting. We finally get the dream match a decade and a half too late but it's a fun spectacle and a change of pace.

Those are my main matches. What do you think?

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 18, '15, 5:47 pm

WWE will get what it deserves it it books Cena vs Reigns as the main event. That match will get crapped on almost to the level that Batista vs Orton would have at Mania 30.

I also don't see Sting teaming with Wyatt, I could see them facing each other more easily if Sting is wrestling. I think they want something more high profile than a tag match for Taker in Texas.

The Bryan match is plausible if he is back by then, but at this point I'll have to see his return to believe it.

Rock vs Triple H or Brock is my guess if he wrestles. But from what I've heard the latest is he can't wrestle because of an insurance thing with an upcoming movie.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby VaderBomb » Nov 19, '15, 1:29 am

Since I've become increasingly disillusioned by this company and the product that they spit at us, I'll post what I'd like to see as a WrestleMania card as opposed to how I believe that they'll actually book it. Also, many of your solid posts have generally amounted to the card that we'll likely see and I want to refrain from being an echo.

I'm going to purposely leave out Seth Rollins, Randy Orton and Tyson Kidd because they're hurt bad enough that they essentially have little chance of wrestling a big match come April. Rock won't be there as announced. Triple H, Kane and Big Show are purposely omitted. Bryan will be present on my card because by very little account will he not be in shape to work by then, despite what Vince's doctor has to say.

Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman) vs Daniel Bryan (w/ UFC signee CM Punk)
(WWE World Heavyweight Championship/Referee: Seth Rollins)

Sasha Banks vs Natalya (WWE Divas Championship)

Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn (WWE Intercontinental Championship)

Finn Balor vs Cesaro

Sting vs Bray Wyatt

The Undertaker vs John Cena

Dean Ambrose vs Roman Reigns

Alberto Del Rio vs Dolph Ziggler vs Stardust vs Rusev vs Neville vs Hideo Itami
(WWE United States Championship Ladder Match)

New Day vs Enzo and Cass (WWE Tag Team Championships)

Sheamus vs Samoa Joe

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Candyman44 » Nov 19, '15, 8:53 am

This is a mixture of my prediction, what I would like to see, and what I think would be "best for business":

WWE Title
Brock Lesnar(c) v Daniel Bryan(Rumble Winner)

John Cena v The Undertaker

Roman Reigns v Dean Ambrose

WWE Divas Title
Sasha Banks(c) v Charlotte v Paige

WWE Tag Titles (Possible Stipulation?)
The Usos(c) v New Day v The Dudleyz

WWE Intercontinental Title (Ladder Match)
Kevin Owens (c) v Neville v Sami Zayn v Dolph Ziggler v Rusev v The Miz

WWE United States Title
Alberto Del Rio(c) v Cesaro

Pre-Show
Bella Twins v Becky Lych & Bayley

Andre Battle Royal
Winner Sheamus (or maybe Strauman)

Alternatively, seeing as there is no Wyatt or HHH on my card, we could go the route of not turning either Reigns or Ambrose and keep them buds, leading to HHH recruiting the Wyatts to help defeat them. This would mean:

HHH & Bray Wyatt(w/ Wyatt Family) v Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose

This is all assuming Sting, Orton and obviously Rollins are out. Can't see what Sting would do regardless.

Candyman44 None specified
Gym Rat
Gym Rat

Return to WWE