It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 2:20 pm

Who should/will be the next WWE Champion?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

New Champion?

Roman Reigns
14%
Brock Lesnar
14%
John Cena
No votes
Dean Ambrose
29%
Daniel Bryan
14%
Bray Wyatt
No votes
Sheamus
No votes
Sin Cara
14%
Othe
14%

Total votes : 7

Re: Who should/will be the next WWE Champion?

Postby Hanley! » Nov 05, '15, 4:36 pm

Dean Ambrose should not be champion. He doesn't look credible enough, I don't think he's ever won a singles feud in WWE. He's barely won on pay per view. His selling is just the worst. The scripts they give him for his promos are terrible. And I think fans would cool off on him a lot if he won the title out of nowhere. His underdog status is a lot of why people still really like him.

I'd like to see Reigns turn on Ambrose and win the title in the process. Or if they're keeping Reigns face, then have Ambrose turn heel on him - it might jump start the character a little. I reckon he'll work more naturally as a heel anyway, it's harder to play the loose cannon character as a face. I think Ambrose has potential to be a top guy, but he's less ready for it right now than Reigns is.

Other people will disagree, as many people are higher on Ambrose than I am, but I just don't want to see him in that kind of spot until we see more from him. As much as I don't love the idea of Reigns as champion right now (at least as a face), Ambrose as champion would be worse to me.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Nov 05, '15, 5:07 pm

^^^ I don't disagree that Ambrose has some noticeable flaws and it is probably too early for him, but I can't help myself from seeing the possibility - which may be greater in my mind, than it would be executed - but if done right I actually see Ambrose's character as an awesome blend of Mick Foley and Steve Austin.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 05, '15, 11:59 pm

Just watch, it's going to be fucking Del Rio knowing the massive hard-on WWE have for him.

I want it to be: Brock Lesnar. He was an awesome champion and elevated that belt so much. I would enjoy another dominant reign until Wrestlemania when he's finally beaten clean by someone. Although I'm not sure how that will play out other than Lesnar/Reigns again, which is iffy.

I think it will be: Sheamus. He's guaranteed a title win at some point before next summer, so it's not unlikely that they'll just pull the trigger now.

Who could be a good choice with the right booking: Bray Wyatt. He's got a lot of momentum right now after taking out Kane and Taker and he's got a strong stable to support him. You could capitalize on that and push him even higher up the card. He may be in a story with Undertaker/Kane right now, but no match has been announced yet, so that angle can be postponed. Since Undertaker is advertised for Survivor Series, maybe have Taker return at the end of the night to set himself up as the first challenger for Wyatt's title or something like that.

Owens could have a pretty damn good title reign in my opinion. I'd probably give it to him if I was booking. But does WWE see him as someone who can headline Wrestlemania?

Othe is too green.

Last edited by KaiserGlider on Nov 06, '15, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 06, '15, 6:22 am

KaiserGlider wrote: He's got a lot of momentum right now after taking out Kane and Taker and he's got a strong stable to support him.

I know he took Taker out at HIAC but Kane as well on the same night or that happen later?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Previous

Return to WWE