It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 1:11 pm

Who should/will be the next WWE Champion?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

New Champion?

Roman Reigns
14%
Brock Lesnar
14%
John Cena
No votes
Dean Ambrose
29%
Daniel Bryan
14%
Bray Wyatt
No votes
Sheamus
No votes
Sin Cara
14%
Othe
14%

Total votes : 7

Who should/will be the next WWE Champion?

Postby prophet » Nov 05, '15, 2:15 pm

With Rollins out we need a new champion, who SHOULD be the new champion and who WILL be the new champion? Do your answers differ or stay the same? I'll put a few options in a poll to get us voting, if your choice isn't up there state your answer below!

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Who should/will be the next WWE Champion?

Postby Everlong » Nov 05, '15, 2:17 pm

Am I voting on "Should," or "will?"

Will is most likely Roman Reigns. As for "should," honestly, I'd give it back to Lesnar. Cena should be nowhere near the title. I didn't even realize Bryan is competing, I thought he was donezo. Ambrose isn't quite ready. The fans still haven't warmed back up to Reigns. Wyatt has been buried. Sheamus has MITB. Sin Cara... lol.

Pretty telling that your champion goes down and there's nobody that you REALLY wanna see get the belt other than the part timer.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 05, '15, 2:23 pm

It's so blatantly obvious that Reigns is going win it now that I actually think they'll do someone else because it's so obvious.

I'll call a Roman win with a Sheamus cash-in right afterwards. Followed by months of Roman/Sheamus matches that the crowds shit all over.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Everlong » Nov 05, '15, 2:25 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:Followed by months of Roman/Sheamus matches that the crowds shit all over.

Oh jesus christ :lol

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby DBSoT » Nov 05, '15, 2:27 pm

Will: Roman Reigns. I was of the belief that Roman was going to win at Survivor Series anyway.

Should: Kevin Owens. He is the only heel that could have worked a similar program to what Rollins was in. He is the best Heel in the industry currently and I just don't see enough heels left on the roster for a face champion to feud with.

If Roman wins the title, I won't be mad, but I will feel bad for him. Who is he supposed to feud with?

Sheamus: Does this really interest anyone? Plus, wouldn't Sheamus destroy Roman on the mic?

Bray Wyatt: They already did this feud and unless they go with a corporate/authority Ministry type angle, I don't see how this will work. Bray is also tied up with Taker/Kane.

ADR: This could possibly work as ADR is a good heel, but he just came back and won the US title. He hasn't even finished his mini feud with Swagger.

Brock Lesnar: Yeah right, for maybe one month.

HHH: Could be cool, but I am not sure they really want to go that route yet.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 05, '15, 2:30 pm

The big question is who in the hell is going to carry the show as a top heel now? Rollins was all over Raw, and often Smackdown too. That leaves an absolute gaping hole at the top heel position.

Sad and obvious answer is they mega push Sheamus out of nowhere because they're always high on him. That would be a disaster, crowd doesn't give a shit about him. The other terrible answer is Alberto Del Rio in an attempt to force him into that Hispanic star they're so desperate to get.

OR, you get a Reigns or Ambrose heel turn.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby prophet » Nov 05, '15, 2:34 pm

I was actually down for Roman to beat Seth and win the title at Survivor Series and kind of expected that to happen. With Rollins out of the picture though? It sort of feels like it did when Batista came back and we all knew he was going to win the Rumble...and then he did and it just wasn't good, that's the feeling I get with Roman right now and whilst I actually think he should win, I'm not sure he will. I'd agree with Brock Lesnar, a tournament is the perfect place for the wrecking machine to decimate fools and reclaim what he never technically was beaten for and I'd definitely welcome another title reign.

If they're dead-set on keeping the title with a heel I'd probably actually go for Triple H, daft as that may sound, The Authority has no thugs left and they're desperate to keep hold of the title so why not have the boss man himself enter and smash some heads? He's the big name the WWE is lacking in the main event right now, is on TV every week anyway and other than Wyatt (who seems pretty tied up with Taker/Kane) what other bad guys are there? Have Ambrose sell out and take Rollins' place perhaps?

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 05, '15, 2:38 pm

The right thing to do in my opinion, or at least the most interesting. Is to pull a Survivor Series 98-esque shock heel turn of having Reigns turn heel, screw over Ambrose with the Authority and join up with them. It writes itself, Reigns will never have the crowd 100% behind him as a pure face in the Cena mold like they're trying to.

Then, you have Ambrose chasing the title after Reigns into Mania. It also potentially brings Rollins back as a huge face in the late spring, early summer, battling to gain revenge on Reigns and the Authority.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby DBSoT » Nov 05, '15, 2:41 pm

With that all said here are the competitors I see in the tournament:

Roman Reigns
Kevin Owens
Cesaro
ADR
Ryback
Sheamus
Ambrose
Daniel Bryan

The Daniel Bryan pick is only because I honestly could not think of anyone else. I know WWE hasn't cleared Bryan yet.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 05, '15, 2:42 pm

DBSoT wrote:With that all said here are the competitors I see in the tournament:

Roman Reigns
Kevin Owens
Cesaro
ADR
Ryback
Sheamus
Ambrose
Daniel Bryan

The Daniel Bryan pick is only because I honestly could not think of anyone else. I know WWE hasn't cleared Bryan yet.

I think it'll probably be an 8 man tournament so that could work. I don't think Bryan is coming back yet though.

If they were smart they'd fill up Raw the next couple weeks with qualifying matches to add some gravitas to the shows.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby DBSoT » Nov 05, '15, 2:47 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:The right thing to do in my opinion, or at least the most interesting. Is to pull a Survivor Series 98-esque shock heel turn of having Reigns turn heel, screw over Ambrose with the Authority and join up with them. It writes itself, Reigns will never have the crowd 100% behind him as a pure face in the Cena mold like they're trying to.

Then, you have Ambrose chasing the title after Reigns into Mania. It also potentially brings Rollins back as a huge face in the late spring, early summer, battling to gain revenge on Reigns and the Authority.
Roman vs Ambrose in the finals and having Roman win with the Authority's help would actually be a good idea. I would actually endorse this idea if they did the same thing, but with Kevin Owens winning over Reigns with the Authority's help.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby prophet » Nov 05, '15, 2:49 pm

Voted for Ambrose.

Spent the last few months being Reigns' sidekick and getting his ass handed to him for nothing. The Authority offered him a fat cheque and the same success they gave to Rollins and he decided enough was enough, he didn't sell out...he bought in.

I'd say this would probably be the type of move that garners Reigns some sympathy and his rise to the top would probably then feel more organic, try force him too much and people will hate him to spite you, at least this way it'd be natural.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Nov 05, '15, 2:50 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:The big question is who in the hell is going to carry the show as a top heel now?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby SlightlyJames » Nov 05, '15, 2:50 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:Reigns will never have the crowd 100% behind him as a pure face in the Cena mold like they're trying to.

In fairness, neither will John Cena and that never stopped him. In the same way that Reigns isn't Cena, he sure as shit isn't The Rock either, family ties or not. I'm not entirely against him turning heel with the Authority or otherwise but they would need to do it very, very well.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby The Legend » Nov 05, '15, 3:08 pm

Yeah, I'll copy others and say that Reigns will win the belt. My personal choice would be for Ambrose though. the reason being he's the only guy currently even near the world title picture that the WWE could put in the spot and then do some completely fresh and new and off the wall ideas with their champion. Play up the Lunatic angle with him and some fun with it.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Messiah » Nov 05, '15, 3:13 pm

Every option sucks. I know that might seem like me being a pessimist but there is nobody at this point who has been built up well enough to hold the title. A Reigns title reign will, aside from being a snore, be extremely anti-climatic as it seems like his moment should come at a bigger stage (assuming he's gonna win it as a face) than an impromptu tournament.. I forgot Sheamus even exists, has he done anything lately? I don't watch Raw so maybe that is why but was he even on Hell in a Cell? Cena, dear God no.

Owens is probably the only interesting option and he already holds the Intercontinental Championship. I guess Bryan (if he returns) or Ambrose (if he turned heel) would be cool, or if Reigns turned heel and cheated to beat Ambrose. But it is situations like this where WWE regrets doing such a bad job building up other wrestlers.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby prophet » Nov 05, '15, 3:28 pm

DEMON BALOR TO DEBUT AT SURVIVOR SERIES AND WIN THE TITLE.

#sorrynotsorry

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 05, '15, 3:50 pm

What's up with Rollins? Injured?

EDIT: Ignore. Just seen Rollins injured thread.

Last edited by AkydefGoldberg on Nov 05, '15, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Hanley! » Nov 05, '15, 3:59 pm

Is it bad that I get some kind of guilty pleasure from the fact that Alberto Del Rio wasn't included as an option in either this poll or the "Who do you want to get a push" poll? Really shows that nobody here sees him as a star just yet. In a year's time, it might end up looking completely crazy that he's got a $1.4 million downside guarantee.

I would have almost been okay with Reigns taking the belt from Rollins, but now it seems way too easy and anti-climactic to have it happen that way. If he turns heel on the show, I think he should win the title. If he's staying babyface, then I'd give the title to either Lesnar (if he agrees to work a couple of shows before the Rumble) or Kevin Owens. It's probably too soon for Owens to have the title, but with the lack of star power WWE has right now, they kinda NEED to push someone into that spot quickly. And if they commit with Owens after giving him the title, he'll be over for sure.

People are going to disagree with me, but I'm convinced it's not going to be Sheamus. He's probably not cashing in soon. If he does, I wouldn't be surprised if he lost. I know WWE often have Money in the Bank holders lose a ton of matches right before cashing in, and I know not every champion who wins via Money in the Bank always looks deserving. BUT Sheamus is barely being featured at the moment. He's wrestling on the pre-shows. They've cooled off on him in a big way in the last few months, and I really can't see him going from that to winning the title out of nowhere. Sheamus on top does not help their lack of star power, it shines a spotlight on it.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby SlightlyJames » Nov 05, '15, 4:22 pm

Hanley! wrote:People are going to disagree with me, but I'm convinced it's not going to be Sheamus. He's probably not cashing in soon. If he does, I wouldn't be surprised if he lost. I know WWE often have Money in the Bank holders lose a ton of matches right before cashing in, and I know not every champion who wins via Money in the Bank always looks deserving. BUT Sheamus is barely being featured at the moment. He's wrestling on the pre-shows. They've cooled off on him in a big way in the last few months, and I really can't see him going from that to winning the title out of nowhere. Sheamus on top does not help their lack of star power, it shines a spotlight on it.

I can only hope you're right. I don't know if I could stomach Sheamus on top. As much as he's fine in the ring and marginally better as a heel, few guys switch off my interest as much as Sheamus as soon as he enters. I hear the Jaws music in my head whenever he brandishes that briefcase. I wake up in a cold sweat after having nightmares of a WWE Title with Mohawk sideplates.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Next

Return to WWE