It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 2:55 pm

Who do you want to get a push?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Who should get pushed?

Dean Ambrose
16%
Roman Reigns
6%
Bray Wyatt
6%
Cesaro
29%
Sheamus
No votes
Ziggler
3%
New Day
3%
Kevin Owens
26%
Neville
3%
Stardust/Cody Rhodes
6%

Total votes : 31

Who do you want to get a push?

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 04, '15, 1:06 pm

WWE is going to have an interesting few months. John Cena is taking time off and won't be back until late December. Randy Orton hurt his shoulder and is likely out 4-6 months. That's two of WWE's top guys and top babyfaces and main event stalwarts gone for a bit.

This in theory should leave some room near the top of the card open for some new blood. So which 3 guys would you like to see get a high level push during the time they're gone to establish themselves at the top of the card (or re-establish, in some cases)?

I included what I would consider the Top 10 choices, all the poll would allow. Feel free to go off the board if you want. Here are my three:

1) Kevin Owens: A no brainer to me, can work in the ring and talk a blue streak. He first came in and feuded with Cena and pretty much proved it then and there. Now he just has to do it again. He always gets a reaction from the crowd and to me could be thrown into the mix easily.

2) Cesaro: Especially with the face side weakened, this one makes too much sense. Whenever Cesaro actually gets time and is focused on and allowed to look great, he gets over. Has a great look, can mix impressive power moves with high flying effortlessly and has one of the most impressive babyface movesets in the company.

3) Roman Reigns: This one is actually happening to maybe it's not fair. But I agree with the push Roman is getting now, maybe not with the way they're doing it exactly. Still have him doing too many long monologues with questionable writing. But I've been impressed, he's put on some really good matches recently and as long as they book him right he still gets cheered. They have walk a fine line with him because of the previous monster push though.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: Who do you want to get a push?

Postby Daz » Nov 04, '15, 1:21 pm

Cesaro and Wyatt would be at the top of my list. Owens isn't in the worst position and Stardust has a ceiling ... Cody Rhodes on the other hand.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 04, '15, 1:22 pm

Daz wrote:Cesaro and Wyatt would be at the top of my list. Owens isn't in the worst position and Stardust has a ceiling ... Cody Rhodes on the other hand.

Haha I'll adjust the list to Stardust/Cody Rhodes

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Postby Westcoastvibes » Nov 04, '15, 9:02 pm

Ambrose needs something to elevate his character, Bray needs the same. Not some short term lower title run or fued but something big.

KO is doing decent and i would not mind seeing him pushed further

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Hanley! » Nov 05, '15, 12:05 pm

Kevin Owens is probably the big one for me. He has an authenticity about him that is almost completely absent in WWE these days. He comes off as a genuine person, a genuine badass, and a genuine prick. He's a great heel character, he still hasn't worked with the majority of the roster so the possibility for feuds for him are endless. And I could totally see him in big time matches by next year against the likes of Undertaker, Reigns, Lesnar, Orton, etc. The company desperately needs a strong heel character, and Owens for me is the natural choice.

I also picked Cesaro, because of the organic way the crowd gets behind him. He's got great potential as a babyface. I think they should be pushing him as a counterpoint to guys like John Cena and Roman Reigns. He could be the cool, sophisticated face of the company. Push his intelligence, his wit, the fact that he can speak five languages and all that. Have him do interviews in his suits, because when they show him dressed up backstage he always looks like a bigger star than he currently is. I think he's the kind of slightly different hero that people would really respond to at the moment.

Lastly I picked Roman Reigns. I hate how they've booked him over the last year, but I could say the same for just about everyone else on this list. I've been an advocate for pushing Ziggler for years, for example, but they've botched that so consistently that it's almost hard to invest in the idea of a Ziggler push at this point. Meanwhile, at least Roman is still a talking point. He's got a fantastic look without a doubt, and he does have something in the ring too. Personally I think they should turn him heel for a while before putting the title on him, but either way, I do want him to be a star. So I'm okay with them continuing to push him up the card. Just stop putting him in situations that are almost designed to make him look bad.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Nov 05, '15, 4:54 pm

I'll always pick Ziggler in polls like these, even if I know he's never going to get the push he deserves at this point.

After him, Ambrose is the big one for me. In a world of same characters in WWE right now, Ambrose is a totally re-freshed character that could do a lot of things if given the opportunity.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby War Daddy » Nov 05, '15, 5:08 pm

Ziggler, he deserves a shot.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby DBSoT » Nov 05, '15, 5:27 pm

Kevin Owens or Cesaro.

Owens is the most interesting and unique character in WWE and its really not even close for me. If WWE really wanted to, they could use him in a similar role to what they wanted CM Punk to be. The one difference is that Punk can be a more natural babyface while, Owens is clearly a much more natural heel.

Cesaro just has something makes people gravitate to him. It's not just that he can wrestle or that he looks the part, but he also has the ability to connect with all kinds of fans in the ring. I look at him like I look at Ziggler though. WWE brass made up their mind on certain guys from the start and refuse to change that opinion now. Everytime i read a spoiler I keep reading that the biggest pops of the night are Ambrose or Cesaro, with the occasional Reigns. How is it that a guy who has the look, has the skill, and has the fan backing is still jobbing out as much as he does?

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Return to WWE