It is currently: Jun 22, '24, 8:42 pm

Which of these wrestlers do you think has the most left to give the WWE

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Which of these wrestlers do you think has the most left to give the WWE

Postby Everlong » Oct 30, '15, 11:42 am

Kane
Big Show

The reaction to these two usually is "why the fuck are they still around?" But if you had to pick one to guarantee another five or six years in the company getting regular tv time, which would you choose and why?

You can't say neither. You have to choose one. The other would be retired within a year or two.

Heck you could add Mark Henry in here too, though he's not nearly as visible.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Which of these wrestlers do you think has the most left to give the WWE

Postby The Legend » Oct 30, '15, 12:35 pm

Kane. Definitely Kane. Neither of these guys has much to give in terms of being an in-ring competitor, but Kane has shown himself to be the better actor and more diversified in what he can offer the WWE as a character in other roles. He did a fine job as a managerial GM type of role for the company and could find a similar role.

Big Show on the other hand isn't a good enough talker to be able to handle any of the possible future roles.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Oct 30, '15, 12:46 pm

The Legend wrote:Kane. Definitely Kane. Neither of these guys has much to give in terms of being an in-ring competitor, but Kane has shown himself to be the better actor and more diversified in what he can offer the WWE as a character in other roles. He did a fine job as a managerial GM type of role for the company and could find a similar role.

Big Show on the other hand isn't a good enough talker to be able to handle any of the possible future roles.

Really? I would consider Big Show a much better talker than Kane. I don't think it's even close. He seems a lot more comfortable talking in front of a crowd, and his speech comes off as more natural.

I mean, neither of them compare to my boy Mark Henry. :P But in my mind, Kane is easily the worst talker of the three.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby PorkChop » Oct 30, '15, 12:59 pm

Kane has more left to give than Big Show. Kane is boring but he doesn't make me wish for death, unlike Big Show.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby The Legend » Oct 30, '15, 1:19 pm

Hanley! wrote:
The Legend wrote:Kane. Definitely Kane. Neither of these guys has much to give in terms of being an in-ring competitor, but Kane has shown himself to be the better actor and more diversified in what he can offer the WWE as a character in other roles. He did a fine job as a managerial GM type of role for the company and could find a similar role.

Really? I would consider Big Show a much better talker than Kane. I don't think it's even close. He seems a lot more comfortable talking in front of a crowd, and his speech comes off as more natural.

I mean, neither of them compare to my boy Mark Henry. :P But in my mind, Kane is easily the worst talker of the three.

Big Show may have at one point been a decent talker, but that time has gone now. I also think that he was a better talker when he was a large, dangerous and imposing figure, but these days he just tends to mumble and drone on in a monotone voice that totally makes me tune him out.

As Corporate Kane, Kane actually did a good job for the most part in promos and segments of being engaging and somewhat interesting, multiple personality disorder aside.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby JPG619 » Oct 30, '15, 2:33 pm

I have to go with Kane since at least that had him in an OK story line with his split personality

However both are lacking charisma and in ring skills. Kane was decent back when he was utilized correctly when he was with the Undertaker however since splitting apart from Taker and his numerous tag-team partners he seems to loose his touch well to me that is not sure about others think

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Hanley! » Oct 30, '15, 3:58 pm

I've seen Kane get praise for his work recently, but he's just been in one of the worst feuds I've ever seen for the title and I don't think his performance helped it any.

But it is a close run contest. Big Show and Kane have a ridiculous amount in common. They're both huge. They've both been around forever (and started around the same time). They're both in surprisingly good shape given their sizes and the length of their careers. They're both loyal company guys. They both come across as pretty professional and likable. They've both flip flopped between face and heel an embarrassing number of times, and have both been in some of the most embarrassing angles in wrestling history. And I'm sure they'll both have jobs in the company for as long as they like in some capacity or another.

I would give the edge to Big Show though in terms of having something left to offer. Along with being a better talker, he is much more willing to take bumps in his matches, which makes up somewhat for the fact that he's the less mobile of the two. Kane is amazing shape for his age, but won't do a damn thing in his matches so the fans gain no benefit from it. He is incapable of doing anything to make his opponent look good. Despite being so huge, working with Big Show is actually less limiting for the other wrestlers as he's willing to try things and take bumps, which Kane is not.

Also, Big Show's storylines tend to be less ridiculous than Kane's. Neither of them are golden in that regard, but the sheer volume of shit that Kane has been involved in is actually insane.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 30, '15, 5:29 pm

It's a tough question. I'm on the fence to be honest.

Kane has probably been more valuable lately being in one of the more prominent stories. And as goofy as it was, I'm not sure you can fault him, he's actually done well enough in that role. I'm not entirely sure who is actually better in the ring because my eyes glaze over whenever either one comes out to wrestle. Kane is more mobile I guess. But I also feel like Kane has been way more over exposed than Show the last few months and thus I'm more tired of him.

It's weird because logically, they're both in pretty good shape for their age and size, and they both have the ability to talk well when focused upon, and yet the urge to groan when they appear is high for both men.

I guess I'll say Kane has the most left to give, simply because he's been around more and Show looks like he might be on the way out soon, and creative doesn't seem as eager to use him.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Oct 30, '15, 5:49 pm

Kane is the better wrestler and Big Show is the better talker. Kane has the advantage that he has a defined character. He is either demon Kane or corporate Kane, both of which have a defined role in today's WWE. Big Show is literally just generic big man #164665. They can never decide if he is face or heel and he just can't keep up with a WWE where ring work has become a required skill.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby EmperorWu » Oct 30, '15, 5:57 pm

Kane overall, but Big Show is very underrated on the mic. He can make decent material work. He's the most believable crier in the WWE, when it comes to story lines that require emotions he does a very good job.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Daz » Oct 30, '15, 8:14 pm

As a strictly in ring performer, I'd say Kane, purely because he's the more mobile of the two. If you take into account potential backstage roles or other on camera roles, I'd say Big Show. I think Show would make a decent commentator should he want to go down that route. He'd make a good agent I reckon, and he'd actually be a really interesting authority figure.

Having said that, It'd be my preference for both guys retire and never appear on WWE TV again, because I've had my fill of them over the course of my fandom.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Return to WWE