It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 6:07 pm

The Return of Del Riiiiiooooooooo!!

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

The Return of Del Riiiiiooooooooo!!

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 25, '15, 9:36 pm

I'll admit, I didn't see that one coming. And I was even more baffled when Zeb came out and introduced him. I thought maybe he was bringing his old pal Swagger out, but then I was like "They ain't doing an open challenge on PPV and having it be Swagger".

I was never a huge fan of Del Rio during his first run. He has ability in the ring, but something was missing. And the fact it felt like he was constantly getting pushed into the main event despite not really being over annoyed me.

I'll give this run a chance though. I have no idea if Zeb is sticking around or not, the partnership seems weird. But If I see him squashing jobbers and not letting go of the cross armbreaker, I'm out.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: The Return of Del Riiiiiooooooooo!!

Postby Everlong » Oct 26, '15, 9:18 am

There had been rumors that Del Rio was going to be coming back, but I had no idea it was supposedt ob e happening this soon. I don't get the Zeb connection though, I thought he hated foreigners?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 26, '15, 10:16 am

Nice to see Alberto back. Pretty weird that he so nonchalantly beat John Cena but I guess if John's gone for a while they had to beat him somehow, this lays down a pretty solid marker that Del Rio is nothing to fuck with this time around. It'll be interesting to see if he continues doing the Open Challenge while Cena's away.

I guess they couldn't get Ricardo? That's a shame, I don't really get why they've put him with Zeb unless he's meant to be some sort of straw man to represent the racism that let to Alberto leaving and how they've come around or something. I guess I'm happy Zeb's back on TV at least but this is definitely a really weird partnership.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby prophet » Oct 26, '15, 12:28 pm

It was good to see him, for sure. Del Rio is a welcome addition to the mid-card roster and looks to be in good shape. Zeb managing him is good as well, Alberto was never the best talker.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby JPG619 » Oct 26, '15, 4:57 pm

Everlong wrote:There had been rumors that Del Rio was going to be coming back, but I had no idea it was supposedt ob e happening this soon. I don't get the Zeb connection though, I thought he hated foreigners?

I thought the same thing. When I saw Zeb I thought Swagger was going to come out. As for having Del Rio back I not that happy since he near really done anything special when he was in the WWE before this return. Just hope not that it looks like he been working out so I think I might give him a chance. However what I don't get why give him the US title right way I seems like the WWE been giving him titles with out earning them.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Viazon » Oct 27, '15, 1:49 pm

One thing I don't get is how Zeb has completely changed his mind about his policy on foreigners. I mean, he has done a complete 180. Maybe he will give some sort of explanation soon but it just seems odd to me.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby The Legend » Oct 27, '15, 2:27 pm

Viazon wrote:One thing I don't get is how Zeb has completely changed his mind about his policy on foreigners. I mean, he has done a complete 180. Maybe he will give some sort of explanation soon but it just seems odd to me.

He gave a half-assed explanation on RAW last night, but it didn't make much sense. At some point they'll just probably go with calling him a flip-flopping politician type

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Messiah » Oct 27, '15, 4:09 pm

Wait, I'm confused. Hadn't Zeb already changed his mind on foreigners? I mean, what was the reasoning behind him managing Cesaro?

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Oct 27, '15, 4:10 pm

Messiah wrote:Wait, I'm confused. Hadn't Zeb already changed his mind on foreigners? I mean, what was the reasoning behind him managing Cesaro?

Cesaro was an "Americanized" foreigner, who blah, blah, blah. It was really stupid.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to WWE