It is currently: Jun 03, '24, 1:50 pm

Rumored Reason For John Cena Taking Time Off From WWE

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Rumored Reason For John Cena Taking Time Off From WWE

Postby prophet » Oct 12, '15, 3:45 pm

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/629319- ... f-from-wwe

He's apparently going to be the host of a new fitness themed reality show.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Rumored Reason For John Cena Taking Time Off From WWE

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 12, '15, 3:54 pm

Nice, probably not the kind of thing I'd be interested in watching but John's a charismatic dude and he obviously works damn hard on his physique, should be an entertaining show for fans of this type of thing. It also forces WWE to spend some time without Big Match John to kill every big push, here's hoping he doesn't immediately return to the WWE title picture in December.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby lyonssv » Oct 12, '15, 5:16 pm

So, I'm assuming someone takes the US Title off of him at HIAC? Any idea who it's going to be? I haven't watch Raw in a few weeks.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 13

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 12, '15, 5:22 pm

lyonssv wrote:So, I'm assuming someone takes the US Title off of him at HIAC? Any idea who it's going to be? I haven't watch Raw in a few weeks.

Last two weeks The New Day have been accepting the channelge :facepalm , last week they laid out Cena, Ziggler and the Dudleys to end the show so they seem to be a pretty big deal right now. I could easily see those guys Free Birding the title.

Last edited by SlightlyJames on Oct 12, '15, 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby lyonssv » Oct 12, '15, 5:58 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:
lyonssv wrote:So, I'm assuming someone takes the US Title off of him at HIAC? Any idea who it's going to be? I haven't watch Raw in a few weeks.

Last two weeks The New Day have been accepting the channelge, last week they laid out Cena, Ziggler and the Dudleys to end the show so they seem to be a pretty big deal right now. I could easily see those guys Free Birding the title.

Awesome.

Love that they are getting that kind of push. They're one of the best things going in WWE right now.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 13

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 12, '15, 9:18 pm

It's weird if this is true, seeing the workhorse Cena taking months off to do a TV show. Seems like he might be setting the stage for his post wrestling life, with the non-WWE movie appearances and then this.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby PorkChop » Oct 13, '15, 6:11 am

Hopefully the show takes about 4 years to film.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 13, '15, 2:08 pm

There was me hoping he was filming The Marine 10 because obviously, that's the film we all want to see......right?

But it's noticeable that he's allowed the time to go off and do other things outside of WWE whilst in the past it's seemed that they were hesitant to let guys go off and do other things that would help bring publicity to the WWE (Not letting Punk to a sign in at a comic book show that was worth quite abit of money; Angle claimed he had to snub acting roles IIRC)

Also, they'd benefit in letting guys do films/acting outside of the WWE; helps their morale, time off the road so when they do come back, they're a tad refreshed and motivated.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to WWE