It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 1:42 am

Bayley & Sasha post essays from school on wrestling

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Bayley & Sasha post essays from school on wrestling

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 01, '15, 9:56 am

Thought this was pretty cool. It's always cool to see people who wanted to do this from a young age achieve their dreams.

I'm looking forward to this match, hopefully it can at least come close to their match from Brooklyn.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: Bayley & Sasha post essays from school on wrestling

Postby PorkChop » Oct 01, '15, 11:13 am

Alright, I'll be that guy -

I'm a bit cynical about the legitimacy of these. How many people in their mid-twenties still have school essays from over a decade ago? Not only that, but it just so happens to be the two women competing in an upcoming never-seen-before Iron Woman match which is less than a week away. It looks a lot like WWE are trying to romanticise the upcoming match with a bit of PR work.

If it's true though, it's pretty cool.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 01, '15, 11:26 am

PorkChop wrote:Alright, I'll be that guy -

I'm a bit cynical about the legitimacy of these. How many people in their mid-twenties still have school essays from over a decade ago? Not only that, but it just so happens to be the two women competing in an upcoming never-seen-before Iron Woman match which is less than a week away. It looks a lot like WWE are trying to romanticise the upcoming match with a bit of PR work.

I know my parents still have a lot of my old school binders that almost certainly still have stuff in them. So I don't think it's that much of a stretch. Plus I don't think WWE would feel the need to make something like this up for an NXT match.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Postby VaderBomb » Oct 01, '15, 11:27 am

Eh, Sasha and Bailey don't seem like fakers to me. I buy it.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby SortaCreative » Oct 01, '15, 12:49 pm

I still have a bunch of my stuff from school.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby The Legend » Oct 01, '15, 12:55 pm

I would guess that a lot of what they did hasn't made it this far, but I know lots of people that would keep these chase a dream type of works. This isn't really just a school essay if it's truly a dream and based on the result of where both are now it's hard to argue it isn't a dream for them that probably has lasted a long time. Also, I know WWE PR work when I see it, as much as they might want to make it look authentic, I doubt WWE writers could come up with work that has such poor spelling and grammar.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Oct 01, '15, 2:59 pm

The WWE's PR department never would have broached the subject of a woman fighting against the men or competing for the world championship, so it seems pretty legit to me.

Also, neither of those essays contained the words "each and every one of you", so WWE couldn't possibly have been involved in writing them.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE