It is currently: May 07, '24, 6:16 pm

Who do YOU want Lesnar to face?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Who do YOU want Lesnar to face?

Postby Str8Shooter » Sep 30, '15, 12:45 pm

With the Big Show about to be knocked off by Lesnar, that's another, essentially wasted, match by the Beast Incarnate.

Lesnar has been back for a few years now and his opponents have been pretty familiar territory. Cena, Triple H, CM Punk and Taker all multiple times. Big Show twice now. Rollins and Reigns once in singles matches.

My question is who would you like to see Brock get in the ring with?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: Who do YOU want Lesnar to face?

Postby Hanley! » Sep 30, '15, 12:55 pm

I think he'd have a great match with Ziggler. Brock could absolutely ragdoll the poor fucker, and Ziggler would bump like crazy for him. And it'd be warranted. Brock is also great at selling a smaller opponent's offense and I can imagine a great David vs Goliath match with a couple of really exciting hope spots before Lesnar ultimately puts away his opponent.

Cesaro could have been a good opponent for him if they had kept his push from a few months ago going. It would have made for a great battle of strength, with some stiff brawling. It'd be like Lesnar's match against Roman but much better.

If you want Lesnar to play the face role, then you could put him against Rusev in a hard-hitting, ugly-looking-in-a-good-way fight. Given where he is at the moment on the card, Rusev wouldn't lose anything from putting over Lesnar in a close-ish battle.

Or Lesnar vs the Wyatt Family would have some potential. Bray trying to play mind games with someone like Lesnar who just doesn't give a fuck would be funny. Make it a no DQ match of some kind and it could really put over both guys strong. Lesnar wails on Wyatt, Wyatt's lackies interfere, Lesnar makes his comeback and overpowers both of them (including the ridiculously big new guy) to a great pop, but then Wyatt cuts him off. A match that followed that template could be red hot. It'd be a much more entertaining spot for Lesnar, and a greatly beneficial spot for Wyatt. Even if he lost.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Sep 30, '15, 12:58 pm

Here's the problem I have with this question, there aren't many people I'd like to see Brock face. He feels like a total outsider that doesn't fit into the current roster for the most part. I'll pick out a few people that could make for high quality feuds

1. Cesaro - This would probably create the best matches out of anyone else on the roster. These two strong men and suplex experts could put on a great show.

2. Dolph Ziggler - This would be a good clash of styles. Dolph and Heyman could have some great promos and then Ziggler is a guy you can make an underdog, but not so unrealistic an underdog that he couldn't win in the end.

3. Rusev - This one would take some doing and probably wouldn't be great for Rusev diversifying his character, but if they ever really turned Brock face, Rusev could be a great foil for him to face.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Sep 30, '15, 12:58 pm

In no particular order:

-A healthy Daniel Bryan. I believe this would be the best possible matchup. Too bad WWE screwed the pooch on that one big time when it should have been a WM main event.

-Ziggler, as Hanley said, would be 100 percent able to work with Lesnar's physical style and would put on a great match with him.

-Kurt Angle. If Kurt ever makes one last appearance in WWE, who better than Lesnar to have his retirement match with?

-Rusev was also a good shout, that could be a physicla one.

-Roman Reigns in an actually well built feud where people aren't shitting all over Reigns and the match.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Sep 30, '15, 12:59 pm

LOL, just noticed that me and Steve were typing at the same time and picked the same exact three people :P

World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Sep 30, '15, 1:00 pm

@Everlong

For the same reason Lesnar shouldn't face Austin, he shouldn't face Angle. He'd completely and legitimately kill him.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Sep 30, '15, 1:00 pm

I mean we can be pretty sure Angle's going to die in the ring anyway so it may as well be at the hands of an old friend.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Sep 30, '15, 6:14 pm

If Tim is going to cheat by saying Angle, I'm going to go right ahead and nominate AJ Styles, because that match would be fucking gold. I'm not sure I can think of a combination of wrestlers that would make me more immediately giddy.

Also, it might be worth noting that since winning the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, the Big Show has won just FOUR matches. Two of those victories have been over the last 2 weeks to help build his match against Lesnar. I know the dude is big, but it takes more than 2 weeks to make the guy who never wins a credible threat against the guy who never loses. I don't care what size you are.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Messiah » Sep 30, '15, 6:18 pm

Hanley! wrote:Also, it might be worth noting that since winning the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, the Big Show has won just FOUR matches. Two of those victories have been over the last 2 weeks to help build his match against Lesnar. I know the dude is big, but it takes more than 2 weeks to make the guy who never wins a credible threat against the guy who never loses. I don't care what size you are.

This. Show hasn't been credible, or even somewhat interesting (excluding his feud with Mayweather when he returned in '08), since he went around doing things like this:

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Westcoastvibes » Sep 30, '15, 9:28 pm

Hanley! wrote:If Tim is going to cheat by saying Angle, I'm going to go right ahead and nominate AJ Styles, because that match would be fucking gold. I'm not sure I can think of a combination of wrestlers that would make me more immediately giddy.

Also, it might be worth noting that since winning the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, the Big Show has won just FOUR matches. Two of those victories have been over the last 2 weeks to help build his match against Lesnar. I know the dude is big, but it takes more than 2 weeks to make the guy who never wins a credible threat against the guy who never loses. I don't care what size you are.

Before I even read this I was thinking that WWE has no credible talent to pull off a decent fued with brock. The only potential candidate would have to be from the outside but have a massive following. Someone who has not been ruined by wwe creative yet but is well known enough to be an instant threat to brock. AJ Styles is that person. So much so that if vince was able to clone brock to have Brock vs Brock headline wrestlemania, I would still prefer to see Styles vs Brock.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby DBSoT » Sep 30, '15, 10:12 pm

Cesaro - It is my belief that Cesaro is the only person on the roster that could wrestle Lesnar and not look outmatched in terms of freakish athlete status.Mark Henry and Ryback could match Lesnar's strength, but only Cesaro can match his strength and speed.

Kevin Owens - Owens sells a feud in the ring better then almost anyone. Not just because of his wrestling, but because of how well he interacts with the crowd. Also I just like the idea of Owens character facing its biggest challenge.

Bray Wyatt - I am just really intrigued by this. Lesnar spends most of his feuds being the more intimidating figure. I like the idea of Bray being the aggressor to Lesnar with his family and with him coming up with ways to mess with Lesnar's head.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby KaiserGlider » Oct 02, '15, 12:11 am

I think Rollins vs Lesnar and Reigns vs Lesnar could be really good if those guys get a more competitive match with Lesnar. Reigns/Lesnar could be a great brawl in a No Holds Barred sort of environment, and I think Rollins/Lesnar could do way better than their disappointing (to me) match at Battleground. I'd be excited for Rock/Brock too. Cesaro could be a good one. I'll be the first to admit that a match with Ziggler doesn't excite me. Dolph's offense sucks, I just have a really hard time picturing that match being anything other than Dolph getting thrown around the ring and bumping like a madman until Lesnar decides to finish it. A high-flyer with a better offensive game, like Bryan or AJ Styles would be a better match for Brock.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby flock u » Oct 02, '15, 12:56 am

There are a few people I wouldn't mind seeing go up against Lesnar.

1-Dolph Ziggler-Ziggler would make Lesnar look great with the way he bounces around that ring and IMO it would make up for the fact we never got HBK vs Lesnar

2-Ryback-with his gimmick I think Ryback would be a great opponent for Lesnar he could easily match power with him and he could provide that element of someone who genuinely isn't scared of him

flock u Male
Jobber
Jobber

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 3

Postby War Daddy » Oct 02, '15, 8:30 am

Put him in there in a Australian Outback match with Chewy.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Return to WWE