It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 7:57 am

Of all the members of the tag team roster...

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Of all the members of the tag team roster...

Postby VaderBomb » Sep 22, '15, 12:45 pm

...who do you believe would make the best World Champion?

Reigns, Ambrose and Bray don't count.

Honestly at this stage I'd say Big E. He's proven to be extremely entertaining and lovable since joining New Day.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: Of all the members of the tag team roster...

Postby lyonssv » Sep 22, '15, 1:56 pm

This is the tough as I can't really picture any of them as a World Champion. Bubba Ray was a champion in TNA but it's hard to picture him doing the same in WWE. I say give Kalisto the "Rey Mysterio" role and I bet he could be pretty successful.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 13

Postby Messiah » Sep 22, '15, 1:57 pm

All of them would be bad as a World Champion, I think. Maybe Big E because like you said, he's charismatic. I've always been a bigger fan of him than most people seem to be.

Other than him... eh. There are some really talented performers in the tag team division but they are best suited for the mid-card ranks, which isn't a bad thing and is only seen a such because of how poorly the WWE has handled their mid-card in the last decade or so.

Gun to my head, if I had to choose someone other than Big E, then I would probably have to dip down to NXT and say someone like Big Cass. He's gotten a lot better in the ring and oozes with natural charisma.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Sep 22, '15, 2:03 pm

Does Cesaro count? He'll be in tag division when Tyson Kidd gets back, does he count? :P If he doesn't count and the other answers you excluded don't count, this is a really tough question. I guess I could see Big E being the answer, the problem is we all know that any member of New Day becomes a lot harder to watch if they are on their own.

If booked right I think the answer would be Kallisto at least on a short contained title run. Have him have a couple of runs against other athletic competitors and smaller challengers and you might have something.

A more obvious choice I think would be Jimmy Uso. He's the more charismatic of the two, he has a built in fan base more so than others in the division. He's a decent contender for a short period of time. If there was anyone in the tag division currently that I could say was a break out contender it would be him right now.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Sep 22, '15, 2:35 pm

I think the obvious choice is Bubba Ray Dudley. I don't think he'll ever get to that point, as he has a niche midcard/tag team gimmick in WWE that I don't think they'll let him get away from. But theoretically if they were to give him a singles push at some point, he could get over enough as a main event heel to win the title. He is one of the best heels in wrestling when given the platform. He's maybe unparalleled in the current era at drawing the right kind of heat from the crowd. Again, I don't think it's likely he'll ever be used in this way, but when you consider the fact that William Regal almost (deservingly) became champion in 2008, it's certainly at least possible.

I would say Kalisto is another good shout, but honestly I think he'd make a terrible champion because WWE don't know how to book a champion who doesn't cut long promos anymore. Unless they're already a huge star (and freak of nature) like Brock Lesnar. Kalisto could be the next Mysterio if handled correctly, but lets not forget that Mysterio was a shit champion who only won the belt because Guerrero died. Vince clearly didn't believe in him and didn't know what to do with him when he was on top.

Here's my real answer though: Luke Harper. You said Wyatt doesn't count, but you never said anything about Harper, so I'm going with him. They're barely using the guy, but as soon as they find a spot for him I think he can really excel in it. He's an absolute beast, but he's still a damn good worker and an athletic one at that. He's a great actor between the ropes, he's very expressive and knows how to look intimidating. He maybe has as much main event potential as Bray Wyatt himself. Him finding any huge success will depend on whether he's able to get out from under the gimmick at some point, but he really could be a main event guy in the future. The only downside is he's already in his mid 30s, so time isn't necessarily on his side.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Sep 22, '15, 5:58 pm

If NXT doesn't count then I am going to go out of the box and say Sin Cara. When Sin Cara was Hunico, I saw real potential for a Hispanic star. Unlike Kalisto (who I also like), Hunico could cut a promo. He had a bit of Eddie Guerrero's gimmick and could really go in the ring. Big E would also be a good choice, but he would need a different gimmick from the New Day one. I would love to see the 5 count gimmick return, but incorporate some elements of his New Day personality. Titus O'Neil could also be a decent choice.

If NXT is included then I would say Chad Gable or Big Cass. Gable has all the things necessary to be a star besides the size. He can cut awesome smug promos similar to Kurt Angle in his early years, he has shown some good talent in the ring, and does a great job of getting guys over (look at what he has done for Jason Jordan). Big Cass' has the size of Test and the mic skills of Billy Gunn. The one real question is whether he can thrive without Enzo to play off of. In terms of wrestling talent, I would put him around Titus O' Neil level.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Westcoastvibes » Sep 22, '15, 8:58 pm

I go with Bubba "Bully" Ray,
His singles run in TNA was gold, he was the best heel in the business. Sadly, I dont think WWE would give him the freedom or gimmick to make this happen again. TNA let him run with the ball and do what he felt would work and it worked great, wwe would almost certainly fuck it up.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby KaiserGlider » Sep 22, '15, 10:36 pm

Based on what I've seen recently, it seems to me like Bully has slowed down and isn't in the top shape he was in during his TNA singles run. That, and him being 44 years old are things that would work against him. Even with those limitations though, he'd be the best world champion.

A name I haven't seen here is Xavier Woods. He puts 100% into his gimmick every single time; he's got the type of personality that would make for a really obnoxious heel champion in my mind.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby lyonssv » Sep 22, '15, 11:30 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:Based on what I've seen recently, it seems to me like Bully has slowed down and isn't in the top shape he was in during his TNA singles run. That, and him being 44 years old are things that would work against him. Even with those limitations though, he'd be the best world champion.

A name I haven't seen here is Xavier Woods. He puts 100% into his gimmick every single time; he's got the type of personality that would make for a really obnoxious heel champion in my mind.

Xavier is awesome. He plays the obnoxious over the top heel perfectly. That damn trombone :lol

On Raw when he had shards of wood in a plastic biohazard bag and said they were pieces of table removed from his buttocks, I almost lost it. He and New Day in general are one of my favorite things to watch on Raw every week.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 13

Return to WWE