It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 5:55 pm

How To Kill Your Wrestling Career Before It Starts...

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

How To Kill Your Wrestling Career Before It Starts...

Postby Romo » Aug 31, '15, 12:55 pm

The WWE announced Monday that it has released Zahra Schreiber, who is the girifriend of WWE champion Seth Rollins.

Schreiber had a swastika in the background during a 2012 social media post, which came out this past week. She defended it by noting it was not Nazi related.

"WWE released Zahra Schreiber due to inapproporiate and offensive remarks she made that were recently brought to out attention," said the company in a statement.

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 225

Re: How To Kill Your Wrestling Career Before It Starts...

Postby Messiah » Aug 31, '15, 1:03 pm

What a joke. Unless there is legitimate evidence to believe that she had a Swastika symbol in her room as to represent racism or what it came to mean when Hitler came to power, I'm not sure what reason they have to release her given her explanation.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby Str8Shooter » Aug 31, '15, 1:06 pm

Messiah wrote:What a joke. Unless there is legitimate evidence to believe that she had a Swastika symbol in her room as to represent racism or what it came to mean when Hitler came to power, I'm not sure what reason they have to release her given her explanation.

She was also involved heavily in the whole Seth Rollins dick pics scandal as he was allegedly cheating on his fiancee with her. There might have even been some pics of her too If I recall. Probably more a case of her being involved in multiple incidents and not being that great a prospect anyway.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Messiah » Aug 31, '15, 1:09 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
Messiah wrote:What a joke. Unless there is legitimate evidence to believe that she had a Swastika symbol in her room as to represent racism or what it came to mean when Hitler came to power, I'm not sure what reason they have to release her given her explanation.

She was also involved heavily in the whole Seth Rollins dick pics scandal as he was allegedly cheating on his fiancee with her. There might have even been some pics of her too If I recall. Probably more a case of her being involved in multiple incidents and not being that great a prospect anyway.

Yea, I just thought about that too. She seems like a loose cannon.

I could have understood her getting a slap on the wrist and stuff, but I'm just not sure she should have been fired over this. Meh.

It did say she made some inappropriate remarks though, not sure if I've found a report on that. That might change everything.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Hanley! » Aug 31, '15, 1:19 pm

I think the reason is that they've very little invested in her at this point, so she's not even worth an incredibly small headache if they could just get rid of her instead. And in fairness, this is the second time her name has brought them negative publicity this year. She's an easy and an obvious scapegoat here. Harsh, but that's the price for being stupid about what you post online, I guess.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Viazon » Aug 31, '15, 1:54 pm

How can a swastika not be Nazi related?

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Locke » Aug 31, '15, 2:13 pm

Viazon wrote:How can a swastika not be Nazi related?

It used to be considered some Japanese symbol of hope and peace or something, but yeah, post WWII that's gone. The swastika is always going to be Nazi related.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby EmperorWu » Aug 31, '15, 2:38 pm

I think it was a Tibetan symbol for peace, but it rotated in the other direction.

The picture was of a my little pony character with a Nazi arm band doing the Nazi salute and it had a Hitler 'stache. Also she had a ton of pretty ridiculous and clearly bigoted comments about black people on her twitter feed.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Romo » Aug 31, '15, 4:07 pm

Heres the comments

and here is said photos

She’s also ranted about slutty girls, “f*ggots” who talk trash online and more.

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 225

Postby JPG619 » Aug 31, '15, 4:26 pm

Since she could be soon a public figure I think it right for the WWE to take action. Since stating from OP with no source I think if you make an "inappropriate and offensive remarks" you should not be in the public eye. Since a lot of young people look up to athletes and celebrities and saying things like that is not a good roll model for younger people.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby PorkChop » Aug 31, '15, 4:47 pm

This is fucking hilarious.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Daz » Aug 31, '15, 7:00 pm

Whether she's a massive cunt or not, and really, some out of context pictures and comments are evidence of such (I'm sure if people dug hard enough, it wouldn't be all that difficult to find "evidence" of any one of us saying something stupid that could be considered offensive ... Circle Squared does it on a daily basis), this fucking mob mentality that gathers on the internet now and then, shouldn't effect someone's ability to make a living.

Is she stupid for ever posting this sort of thing? Of course. Even more so after being involved in the Seth Rollins incident earlier this year. Frankly, going into any job, you'd make sure to keep opinions that could be considered controversial private, just in case. Even if the intent wasn't to cause offence.

I don't find any of this particularly funny, if only because of the way it happened. Had WWE been aware of it and done it behind closed doors, the way they did with Hogan, fair enough. But fans digging up shit and essentially going after her pisses me off. And it's the second time something like this has happened, including Bill Demott.

Maybe they both deserve to be fired, but that isn't for us, or anyone else who had fuck all involvement in the matter, to decide.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Locke » Aug 31, '15, 8:12 pm

Daz wrote:Circle Squared does it on a daily basis

He's not trying to get on a television show, though. If he was, you can be damn certain this shit would have come out in .0000000004 seconds and he'd have been fired before he even got started. The fact is, though, he's not trying to do this. He's just some guy on the web. The minute you try to become part of a television show, you're no longer "some guy" or in this case "some gal."

This shit happens every day and you can't just blame "internet mob mentality," this is liberal media at its finest. Do not be selective in your judgement, it hits everyone. Your ass might shit but it better have no stains, if you're to be on TV. That's what media is these days. Tabloids with power.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby SKS » Sep 01, '15, 1:40 pm

I think when you're a public figure in a world wide company like the WWE you certainly have to restrain yourself from saying racist/homophobic things on the internet. However, people digging up things from years ago does kind of scare me, since I might have (most likely) said some stupid things on the internet when I was younger or even now. I'm not a racist or homophobic though...so hopefully I'm safe...

She doesn't seem like a great person overall. She was involved in the dick pic scandal in which Seth cheated on his fiance. She has these offensive posts out there, and to be honest the WWE doesn't have much invested in her so I'm not surprised she was released. Seth was involved too but he's also the focal point of their business for the time being so they can't exactly cut him...well I mean they could if they really wanted to, but they have so much invested in him it wouldn't be a wise business decision. I think there is a bit of a double standard though, same thing with Randy Orton getting off easy despite breaking the wellness policy like 4 times.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Hanley! » Sep 01, '15, 2:09 pm

The thing is though, while she was (kinda) a celebrity and therefore likely to be held to a higher standard, some of the stuff she was posting would be stupid if any of us did it too. She posted Nazi imagery with her name next to it. I don't care if none of you guys ever want to get famous; don't do shit like that. It means that in the future, a simple Google search is all that's required to take you out of contention for any job opportunity.

That's the world we live in now. It is kinda ridiculous, I know. But it happens. You have to be careful what people can find out about you online. The stuff CircledSquare posts is offensive as fuck much of the time, and could definitely be used against him in the future if it weren't for the fact that he posts it anonymously. So that's not really the same thing. At least he has the sense not to put his name beside this stuff.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Locke » Sep 01, '15, 2:10 pm

Between here and reddit, there seems to be an awful lot of wishy washy double standards going on.

"You shouldn't be able to dig shit up that people said years ago" = response to this fine ass babe getting busted.
"Fuck his life and fuck his legacy and fuck him to death" = response to Hogan saying shit in his OWN HOME/PRIVACY and not even purposely posting it "out there."

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Sep 01, '15, 2:13 pm

^^ In fairness, I think people are bringing some baggage into the Hogan conversation. :lol

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Locke » Sep 01, '15, 2:16 pm

Hanley! wrote:^^ In fairness, I think people are bringing some baggage into the Hogan conversation. :lol

Well sure, Hogan had lots of baggage but I almost think the shit he said wasn't as bad as someone proudly touting Nazi symbolism. Hogan just didn't want his little girl fucking a black guy, I know A LOT of parents that feel that way - doesn't mean they're right, but it's not exactly something unheard of. Hell, the funniest joke in Naked Gun 33 1/3 is when Leslie Nielsen's girlfriend at the end births a black kid and it was OJ's and the first thing OJ does is run out the door. But how many people find the Nazi symbol funny, or agree with the Nazi "way of life" which involved outright MURDERING people because of their color/race/etc.

I feel like Hogan's shit was way weaker than her shit, is all I'm saying.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby SKS » Sep 01, '15, 2:21 pm

Hanley! wrote: She posted Nazi imagery with her name next to it.

What I put in bold is pretty obvious, yea. :lol I'm not sure why anyone would post a picture of themselves with Nazi imagery online in the first place. Which is why I'm confused as to why she thought people would think it was okay, and why she was defending it. It just screams ignorance.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Messiah » Sep 07, '15, 8:00 pm

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2015/9 ... cial-media

Let me start this off by saying how grateful I am and how fortunate I feel to have had my time with WWE. It truly was my dream job. Last week WWE made a decision to release me from my contract due to posts I made on social media years ago, long before I was ever employed by them. I understand why that decision was made, but it broke my heart and my spirit. I don't want my mistakes to reflect on WWE or how incredible they are as a company. The responsibility is my own...

Now, I want to take the time to apologize to everyone who was offended by my posts. I am so sorry. I would like to make it very clear I am in no way, shape or form an anti-Semite, nor do I condone anti-Semitism. If one were to have looked deeper into my post, one would have noticed that also in the photo was Marlene Dietrich. Marlene was a Polish actress who opposed Nazism and fought for the oppressed during WWII. To me the photos and relics were nothing more than a story. I now see it was insensitive of me and in poor taste, which is why I had attempted to delete them long ago.

On an aside, a family member of mine took part in the White Rose Movement (Germans trying to end Nazi domination), which is where my interest in the Holocaust actually stemmed from. Also, documented deeper on my Instagram from years ago are photos of me at Dachau Concentration Camp in Germany, and I noted there how disturbed I was by the entire place. Unfortunately, social media rarely notices positivity, and can be an evil place where opinion is easily manipulated to fit the circumstance.

I take full accountability for the things I did post, but those out there who are creating Twitter exchanges that never happened or have manufactured other conversations that never took place really need to check themselves and realize how much harm they are actually doing.

Everything I've worked for and dreamt of is gone. In an instant, I lost it all. But I can't let this define my life. I know who I am as a person. I'm as human as anyone else. I've made mistakes like we all do. I hope those I've offended can forgive me. All I can do now is learn and move forward trying to be better every day.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Next

Return to WWE