It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 5:46 am

My NXT TakeOver Experience

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

My NXT TakeOver Experience

Postby SKS » Aug 23, '15, 9:57 pm

I had an absolute blast at NXT TakeOver Brooklyn last night. So glad I went instead of paying triple to go to Summerslam. Here's a run down of my experience if anyone is interested!

Pic of my friend and I as Kevin Owens & Cesaro (less muscular with more hair)

Spoiler:

5:00 PM - get on bus to Port Authority, NYC. See about 20 other wrestling fans on bus. Awesome chat about the show.

6:00 PM - get on subway train to Brooklyn. See even more wrestling fans. New Day chants. Fight Owens Fight chants. Everyone's having a great time. The train smells like shit.

7:00 PM - get to Barclays Center. Some fans with Cesaro shirts see me and we do the Cesaro fist taunt to each other. I hand out some Cesaro Section signs. My friend takes a picture with someone that asked (told him his Owens costume was good). We see a neckbeard with a KILL STEEN KILL shirt (I told my friend we'd see at least one).

7:30 PM - walk around the arena for a while. More Cesaro fans! Get interviewed by some guy periscoping on why Cesaro is awesome. All my Cesaro section signs are taken, Cesaro so hot right now.

8:00 PM ish - NXT Tapings for this Wednesday start.

NXT SPOILERS AHEAD

Enzo & Cass & Zack Ryder & Mojo Rawley def. Chad Gable & Jason Jordan & Dash & Wilder.

This pop for Enzo and Cass was INSANE. Loudest pop I've ever heard at a wrestling show, not even kidding. These two are so over it's not even funny. Mojo got some boos, Gable and Jordan got some cheers. Solid match, with Enzo getting dominated mostly. Deafening "HOW YOU DOIN'" chants. Hot tag to Cass who kicked some ass, and Enzo got some payback by scoring the pinfall. Great start to the night.

Eva Marie def. Carmella

God, Eva Marie is terrible. Absolutely deafening boos throughout most of the match, everyone hates All Red Everything. Carmella is decent, but this match wasn't anything special. Eva Marie did the title belt taunt and I almost puked.

Bull Dempsey def. Elias Samson

Decent match, the crowd was behind Bull. Some "BULL IS GORGEOUS" chants. Pretty much a filler.

Emma def. Charlotte, Becky Lynch, & Dana Brooke

This I assume is the main event for the NXT episode, probably Charlotte's and Becky's last NXT show. Some good stuff in here, Charlotte and Becky faced off for a good chunk of it. Dana seemed a bit confused at times. Match finished seemed like a botch because the ref didn't immediately signal for the bell. Emma won with a running forearm shot to Becky who was seated in the corner. After the match Charlotte and Becky forced Dana and Emma to tap to their finishers and saluted the crowd, big cheers for both.

NXT TAKEOVER TIME

Triple H came out before the show went on the air, big pop for him. He announced that the NXT roster would be heading to the UK in December. He asked if anyone here was from the UK. Most of the crowd booed. He said cheer them don't boo them. Takeover will be in October. He asked the crowd to be silent for the opening, but of course, some idiots wouldn't shut up. Cool visual though.

Jushin Thunder Liger def. Tyler Breeze

Fun opening match. Big pop for Breeze, little bit less for Liger. "FULL SAIL SUCKS" chants! Shame that this is Liger's only match in WWE - said One Night Only. Him taking a selfie was hilarious. I would have liked to have seen Breeze win but he gets good experience nonetheless fighting a legend of the business.

NXT Tag Team Championships: The Vaudevillians w/ Blue Pants def. Blake & Murphy w/ Alexa Bliss

BAMF entrance nearly gave me a seizure. HUGE POP for Blue Pants. Tied for Enzo for loudest of the night. BLUE PANTS CITY chants. Really enjoyed this match, I was on my feet for most of the end sequence. Crowd was super hot for Vaudevillians and I was thrilled they won.

CESARO SHOWS UP ON SCREEN SHAKING FINN'S HAND AND I GO APESHIT, I KNEW HE'D BE THERE TO JUSTIFY MY OUTFIT

Apollo Crews def. Tye Dillinger

Decent pop for the perfect 10, Tye Dillinger. Crews got over pretty quickly despite this being a short match. His standing back flip was sick. Excited to see more of him.

Samoa Joe def. Baron Corbin

The crowd HATED Corbin, boos were loud. Joe was super over with the crowd, JOE IS GONNA KILL YOU chants. I thought this match would be terrible because I'm not big on either, but it was enjoyable. Loved the ending sequence into the choke out.

NXT Women's Championship: Bayley def. Sasha Banks

Pic of Sasha Banks' Entrance

Spoiler:

Incredible pop for both women. The crowd was honestly split 50/50. But there was an appreciation for both so whenever one hit a move there would be cheers regardless, no boos. AMAZING match, best match I've ever seen live. Probably the best women's match ever. Sasha Banks is the GOAT. Her flip over the ref was orgasmic. The reverse hurricanrana by Bayley nearly made me shit my pants. I was shocked. The huge Bayley to Belly was perfect, and a great finish. Everyone in attendance was standing clapping for both. I probably peed myself a little. Fucking awesome. God I'm happy and sad at the same time. Long live the four horsewomen. This match was worth the price of admission alone.

NXT Championship Ladder Match: Finn Balor def. Kevin Owens

During the entrances, people tried to throw streamers in but failed miserably. They got ejected, but were let back in after a few minutes. Also, the giant screen wasn't showing the match for a while, there were PUT THE SCREEN ON chants. :lol

Crowd was a bit burned out after the amazing women's match. I felt they should have had Crews debut here to give us some time to recover. Fun match, Owens took some hard as hell bumps, Jesus. Loved the way he was playing to the crowd, and I have to say, there were more Owens fans than Balor fans. I will say the ending seemed a bit meh, because I'm not a fan of Finn's finisher. Still, a good close to an amazing show.

PS: Cesaro favorited our tweet of us dressed as him and Owens #swoon

Overall, I'd give it a 10 out of 10. Best wrestling show I've ever been to. Full capacity sold out crowd, everyone into the wrestling. Nothing seemed dragged, and for close to 4 hours in total, it felt like 30 minutes. Long live NXT.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 266

Re: My NXT TakeOver Experience

Postby EmperorWu » Aug 24, '15, 6:34 am

Takeover>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Summerslam

This was my favorite PPV in a very long time. The woman's title match is the best match I've seen since Lesnar v Rollins v Cena. I would have given a leg to have been there. Congrats bro!

During the ladder match, everyone in the crowd started looking behind the announcers or something and started chanting yes. What was that about?

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Locke » Aug 24, '15, 9:47 am

Drinking with the "pubchat" during Takedown > Being hungover during Summerslam
Drinking > hungover
Takedown > Summerslam

NXT > all confirmed

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 137

Postby SKS » Aug 24, '15, 9:52 am

EmperorWu wrote:Takeover>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Summerslam

This was my favorite PPV in a very long time. The woman's title match is the best match I've seen since Lesnar v Rollins v Cena. I would have given a leg to have been there. Congrats bro!

During the ladder match, everyone in the crowd started looking behind the announcers or something and started chanting yes. What was that about?

The screen wasn't showing the action for a while so it was hard to see for some. Something was off with the cameras so when it finally went back on everyone went crazy with cheers :lol

There was also a few people who tried to throw streamers, got tossed out, but got let back in, people also went crazy with cheers when they got let back in, that might have been the yes chants.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 266

Postby Romo » Aug 26, '15, 9:32 pm

you look really good as Tyson Kidd

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Return to WWE