It is currently: May 20, '24, 8:41 am

What's the most embarrassing thing WWE has done?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Re: What's the most embarrassing thing WWE has done?

Postby Hanley! » Aug 08, '15, 6:21 pm

^^ I dunno, I disagree with it being in being at all similar to the Hawk situation. They took the worst stuff going on in his life, made it public, and then made fun of him for it. The angle was embarrassing to Hawk. In comparison, Vince was making fun of a very uncontroversial element of Michaels personality, and it wasn't anything that Michaels wasn't proud of. It's something that he's very proud of and speaks about openly. Completely different, in my mind.

I also disagree that it would have been funny to atheists only. I'm an atheist, but I think that a big part of what made it work is that Vince was using the dumbest, most irritating argument atheists use against religious people. Most of the God stuff involved Vince saying "well if God exists then why can't he strike me down right now?" which is a pretty lame duck argument. And the match itself was Vince saying "lets see your God save you this time" by booking God as Michaels tag team partner against two people. Which, again, I thought was actually clever. It wasn't just Vince playing the role of an atheist, but the role of a cunty atheist with terrible arguments, who's impossible to sympathise with. Which was exactly the right note to hit.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Twister » Aug 09, '15, 2:47 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
Twister wrote:Edge and Lita's Live sex 'celebration' :facepalm

That was uncomfortable. But it did fit with the characters, and I believe it popped a big rating too.

I guess sex sells and people were probably curious to see if they actually went through with it :lol

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 56

Postby Hanley! » Aug 09, '15, 3:10 pm

In fairness, we did see Lita's nipple briefly. So while it was still false advertising, at least those who were only watching for pervy reasons didn't leave entirely disappointed. :lol

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby War Daddy » Aug 11, '15, 11:34 pm

Twister wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:
Twister wrote:Edge and Lita's Live sex 'celebration' :facepalm

That was uncomfortable. But it did fit with the characters, and I believe it popped a big rating too.

I guess sex sells and people were probably curious to see if they actually went through with it :lol

Ratinga weren't the only thing popping.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Previous

Return to WWE