It is currently: May 10, '24, 10:16 pm

WWE cuts ties with Hulk Hogan after racist tirade.

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Re: WWE cuts ties with Hulk Hogan after racist tirade.

Postby Hanley! » Jul 26, '15, 5:34 am

I think people are acting like Hogan's being convicted or sued for being racist or something. The murderer comparisons don't make a lot of sense. What has happened is very simple: people found out Hogan is a racist, so people don't like Hogan anymore.

It's the same as what would happen to non-celebrities in their own circles. If someone started spewing racial hatred in your group of friends, it's likely your friends would distance themselves from him. If you were interviewing people for a job, and did a background check on someone and found out they had made some public racist remarks, that job is going to go to someone else. If we act like assholes then people will judge us and punish us for it in their own ways.

Hogan's situation is like that, just on a larger scale. Because that's how the life of a celebrity works. He knew when he was recording that stuff that if it got out it could destroy him. It looks like that's why he's fought so hard to keep the tapes out of the public eye. When you're a celebrity, saying the wrong thing can have a detrimental effect on your career. That's just how it works.

It's a weird situation, because maybe Hogan has grown up and changed his opinions in the last 8 years. Which would make it kinda sad that he's only being punished now. But it's hard to feel too bad for him, because he did say these things. And to be honest, he's already bounced back from scandals more times than most celebrities manage. Maybe it's time for the public to stop giving Hogan the benefit of the doubt.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Jul 26, '15, 8:27 am

I totally understand the need to distance yourself from someone as a company after remarks like Hogan's, even if they are old. So I think WWE's decision to part ways with him and not keep him around as an active part of its programming is totally understandable. But at the same time, COMPLETELY removing any sort of mention from him at all on their website and everything like that seems a bit much. They're essentially erasing him from history right now. The only other wrestler to ever get this treatment was Chris Benoit, whose crime was far, far worse than Hogan's. Plus, Hogan is possibly the biggest name the business has ever seen.

It's just all rather bizarre. I mean, we don't need a racist tirade to know Hogan is a shithead--this just adds to the reasons to dislike the guy. But the response to this from WWE is far beyond what I ever would have expected. It's a bit surreal.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby UTK » Jul 26, '15, 7:30 pm

Headlesspete wrote:Old man makes racial slur? I am shocked! :O

Bill Burr said it best:

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SlightlyJames » Jul 26, '15, 7:57 pm

I've heard it said from quite a few places that the tape where he talks about not liking black people may very well be the tip of the iceberg with much worse to come. If WWE knows what's on the horizon then that could do a lot to explain their reaction to this.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Circled Square » Jul 26, '15, 9:44 pm

The reason I compared this shit to murder was because WWE is trying to Krispin Wah Hulk Hogan, and if that goes down, well the WWE makes zero sense as a company. :lol

I guess it will all blow over and Hogan will be back.If what James is saying is true, well I don't know...that would be very interesting. Will he be blacklisted from wrestling for awhile like how Mel Gibson was gone for like 4-5 years? :idk

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Locke » Jul 26, '15, 11:24 pm

Circled Square wrote:Will he be blacklisted from wrestling for awhile like how Mel Gibson was gone for like 4-5 years? :idk

Nah, Vince needs dat money.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Circled Square » Jul 27, '15, 1:21 am

Locke wrote:
Circled Square wrote:Will he be blacklisted from wrestling for awhile like how Mel Gibson was gone for like 4-5 years? :idk

Nah, Vince needs dat money.

Hogan still is an instant draw as much as I hate to admit it.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jul 27, '15, 4:58 am

I was on the fence in regards to WWE's decision to roll him up and toss him out. Then someone mentioned wwe taking a huge hit to stock prices over this and now I agree with their actions.

In the end wwe is a product worth money, the end game being to make as much money as possible. If someone or something is causing them to lose considerable amounts of money then it makes sense from a business standpoint to remove themselves from whatever is causing that loss.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 27, '15, 7:45 am

Hulk Hogan's Twitter feed is worth a read over for those observers of English football..

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby PorkChop » Jul 27, '15, 9:59 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Hulk Hogan's Twitter feed is worth a read over for those observers of English football..

oh god hahaha

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 28, '15, 12:19 pm

More quote and another one appearing - reinforces WWE's decision to terminate his deal.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Twister » Jul 28, '15, 12:58 pm

The plot thickens...

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Locke » Jul 28, '15, 8:43 pm

He'll sink like the Titanic.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Circled Square » Jul 29, '15, 12:23 am

Anything is possible in the WWE.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby War Daddy » Jul 29, '15, 12:32 am

Circled Square wrote:Anything is possible in the WWE.

Chris Benoit had the greatest heel turn of all time.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Previous

Return to WWE