It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 2:37 am

Banks/Lynch: Big Time

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Banks/Lynch: Big Time

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 23, '15, 10:00 pm

So when are we going to get a main roster feud between these two?

Should WWE wait a while and allow Sasha and Becky to solidify their characters fighting other Divas and reserve their match for WrestleMania?

Or should WWE utilize their natural chemistry with each other to bring out their best early on?

It's hard to say for me, personally. I would love to see a feud start up soon because if the mainstream fans could see just what they're capable of, Banks and Lynch could both become huge stars (even bigger than the likes of the Bella Twins) pretty quickly. The only problem being is that this matchup is the best possible Divas match that we could possibly see right now, which could potentially diminish the matches and programs that follow it. I guess that's kind of a stretch considering the Divas roster is pretty stacked right now.

Thoughts?

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: Banks/Lynch: Big Time

Postby Headlesspete » Jul 24, '15, 1:36 pm

VaderBomb wrote:Banks and Lynch could both become huge stars (even bigger than the likes of the Bella Twins) pretty quickly.

Not gonna lie, i sighed when i read that. Not because its not true, but more because of how true its become. Ugh.

Anyway, i think the best move WWE could pull, is to give these two a one on one match on Raw in the near future (while this feud with the 3 way teams is going on), preferably in a city that won't get bored or ignore them, and so WWE can give them 20 minutes to work with. We've seen they can have a long match that's brilliant, and if WWE are serious about giving the divas a chance, a 20 minute match between these two could really usher in that new era.

There's enough story behind the feud right now for the match to happen, and then in a years time or so, when they have an actual feud, this match can be highlighted and referenced in what could happen.

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 61

Re: Banks/Lynch: Big Time

Postby Hanley! » Jul 24, '15, 6:06 pm

I'm very skeptical that this new Diva revolution is going to go anywhere good.

For starters, stop getting your hopes up about Wrestlemania. They always do a big multi-woman clusterfuck match, and you can already see the foundation for next years. With this whole three teams of three set-up, it's pretty obvious we're going to get some kind of tag or gauntlet match at Wrestlemania, which will probably be shit.

It's great that Lynch, Charlotte and Banks are on the main roster. They're great talents and they're desperately needed there. But there are a bunch of problems that they're going to have a hard time overcoming.

First of all they're going to be working frequently with other wrestlers who aren't capable of giving them great matches. Brie Bella, Alicia Fox and Naomi are mediocre at best. Tamina Snuka (all running jokes aside) is completely terrible and a liability in the ring.

The team format is also going to screw things up, because it means more dumb Diva tag matches. And while the Paige, Charlotte, Lynch team is at least a talented one, you can't have Nikki Bella and Sasha Banks doing 100% of the work for their respective teams. So you're going to get some bad matches, or portions of matches.

The tag format screws things up in another way too: Good singles matches are the best way to kick-start a women's division. These women need to come across as individuals. They need to have some personality. If they're all bundled together in teams, then people won't be able to connect to them, and they'll see them as just more interchangeable Divas.

I don't think we'll see the benefit of the new Divas until after Wrestlemania 32, when this team thing has hopefully died off and the women go on to do their separate things. A division with Lynch, Banks, Charlotte and Nattie (seriously, where the fuck is Nattie in all this) as the major stars, and Paige and Nikki Bella as supporting stars could be really good if they took the division seriously and let them have good feuds and singles matches.

I'm not getting my hopes up just yet that WWE management can get out of their own way for long enough to make these women stars, but at the very least, with the NXT women on Raw, at least the quality of the matches will definitely go up. All three of them are better than any of the other women wrestling on Raw right now.

Lynch and Banks are probably the best female workers in the company and I'd love to see another feud between them - this one on Raw, resulting in pay per view matches. I'm sure it will happen at some point, hopefully some time next summer. But I'm worried they won't be allowed to do what they did on NXT.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE