It is currently: May 06, '24, 11:20 am

So this season of Tough Enough is shit!

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

So this season of Tough Enough is shit!

Postby DBSoT » Jul 21, '15, 7:50 pm

I am not sure what part I dislike the most. It could be the fan voting format. Fan voting is always terrible on shows like this. People don't vote with their heads, they vote with who ever has the nicest story. I also hate how little we actually see of the training. We basically get one random competition that has nothing to do with the industry and then 10 minutes cut scenes of people taking bumps. I don't need full matches or anything, but I would like to see the competitors actually working in the ring, not them taking a few bumps. My biggest complaint though is with the judges. It is very obvious that this show is scripted to the endth degree when you can see both Hogan and Paige over acting everytime they are on screen. Paige especially is trying way to hard to be the tough British judge. Jericho and Renee young are fine, but is Jericho's role really needed?

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: So this season of Tough Enough is shit!

Postby SlightlyJames » Jul 21, '15, 9:23 pm

Some thoughts on the series so far.

The format is just awful. For being the "host" of the show Jericho does roughly jack shit and may as well have not been there this entire time.

I think the Coaches should have a bigger presence on the show as they're the ones actually spending time with these guys, in contrast to the judges who literally just watch the show like the rest of us.

The voting system is stupid as well. They do a total 45 seconds of appeal, at the end of which the voting closes immediately? What's even the point?

The show focuses way too much on the petty bullshit arguments between the competitors. I find myself skipping most of the show outside of the challenges and the live segments.

I really don't get why people like Sara Lee. She has the charisma of a bag of sand yet the show seems to be trying really hard to make her popular. Same situation with ZZ tbh. Dude talks a load of bullshit but he gets a chuckle every now and then so that makes up for the fact he is not fit to be a wrestler.

My fondness for Paige has plummeted since she's been on this show. She's come across as really irritating and obnoxious.

Miz has been killing it on Tough Talk. He's been damn funny and comes across as a really genuine guy, it's bizarre to see him not doing his usual schtick but I'm really enjoying it.

Patrick being gone is a joke tbh. He was the only one there I could have seen actually being in the WWE any time soon. People were so high on him after that promo last week as well. :bs

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jul 21, '15, 9:58 pm

The voting sucks, they need to announce the bottom 3 and then eliminate the following week. In this era of dvr and on demand services its really risky and pointless to do a live Elimination, im sure most people who watch it dont watch it live. Giving a week for voting would work out with better results imo.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby The Legend » Jul 22, '15, 6:11 am

So here's my thoughts, not that they are that different from others. First of all, the live segments of the show add absolutely nothing to the show from an entertainment value. It feels like they just wanted an excuse to get Jericho, Hogan, Bryan and Paige on TV. If they would fill that time with showing these people develop and work in the ring like they did on the old formats of the show they'd have something to work with.

Second, I would say that for the most part this cast just sucks. there's nobody with much talent and there's nobody that interesting that you could really see develop into somebody you want to watch in WWE. Patrick was close, but I found him irritating in a bad, non-heel kind of way. Mada is probably my last hope for this cast. None of the women have anything to add to the diva division at all.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to WWE