It is currently: May 02, '24, 11:40 pm

Who faces Rollins at Summerslam?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Who faces Rollins at Summerslam?

Postby lyonssv » Jul 19, '15, 8:50 pm

So, Taker returns to avenge his loss against Brock...
I'm assuming Reigns is tied up with Wyatt still.
Cena is probably still tied up with Owens
No way in hell they're doing Ambrose again.

Who the hell faces Rollins for the WWEWCH? Sting?

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 13

Re: Who faces Rollins at Summerslam?

Postby War Daddy » Jul 19, '15, 8:51 pm

There's only one man fit for the job.

Sting.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 122

Postby JPG619 » Jul 19, '15, 9:14 pm

It might be Reigns or Cena unless the keep the Cena vs Owens feud going on

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 29

Postby Headlesspete » Jul 19, '15, 9:21 pm

I would put money down its going to be a Triple Threat between Undertaker/Brock/Seth. Seth will come out tomorrow to brag about how he survived Suplex city blah blah blah, Undertaker turns up and takes out Rollins. If were lucky, the Undertaker may actually cut a promo explaining his actions (although there's just as much chance Michael Cole's forced explanation over the top will have to suffice instead). Undertaker may even use Kane as a reason aswell.

But yeah, Triple Threat would seem the most likely. Goes to show the state of the WWE when the top 2 contenders would be a 1 match a year legend and a part time wrestler.

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 61

Postby The Legend » Jul 19, '15, 9:30 pm

I think the Cena/Owens feud is over now. They could do champion vs champion or have Cesaro take the belt from Cena on a RAW between now and then, but Cena would be my #1 guess. Sting isn't a bad second guess, but I think that would be a pretty bad match. I guess somehow HHH and Rollins could have a falling out and they go that route.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Jul 19, '15, 10:52 pm

I still think it could be HHH vs. Rollins

I just can't see them putting Taker in a triple threat match just to lose

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby Tom » Jul 20, '15, 10:11 am

I honestly can't see them turning Rollins face for a match with Trips. He has come across as detestable lately. So the answer is do they turn Triple H face? And I don't think they will as they will likely want Trips to be heel for an eventual showdown with The Rock at Mania 30 (it wouldn't surprise me if it happens).

I haven't been as up to scratch on WWE lately but did Lesnar officially put Kane out of action last week? Because if Kane can actively compete from a storyline perspective (and it hates me to say it) then I think it may be him. They have been building tension between Rollins and Kane for months now so it wouldn't surprise me if they did it to give Rollins a win at Summerslam!

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 23

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 20, '15, 10:19 am

Tom wrote:I honestly can't see them turning Rollins face for a match with Trips. He has come across as detestable lately. So the answer is do they turn Triple H face? And I don't think they will as they will likely want Trips to be heel for an eventual showdown with The Rock at Mania 30 (it wouldn't surprise me if it happens).

I haven't been as up to scratch on WWE lately but did Lesnar officially put Kane out of action last week? Because if Kane can actively compete from a storyline perspective (and it hates me to say it) then I think it may be him. They have been building tension between Rollins and Kane for months now so it wouldn't surprise me if they did it to give Rollins a win at Summerslam!

Rollins didn't put him out, Brock did. But Rollins berated him while he was down and then kicked his injured ankle. I actually could really see a "Demon" Kane return to face Rollins. In theory it doesn't sound that great, but storyline wise it makes sense. Plus with it being Summerslam and already having Brock/Taker, and probably a Sting match, they don't need a big title match to be the selling point.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Jul 20, '15, 11:36 am

Yeah, I could see them doing Rollins/Kane at Summerslam. Which sounds horrendous, but it's the kind of thing they'd do. Every new champion needs to feud with Kane, so that they'll have more trouble getting over. The chances are that this match wouldn't get the main event spot of the pay per view either, which would also be typical WWE. In one way, that would be the right decision, as it's not a match anyone will want to see. But Rollins should be main eventing during his title reign.

I actually quite like John's suggestion of champion vs champion. That's something we haven't really seen in a while. I don't think it's what they're going to do, but I'd be in favour of it if they did go that route.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby lyonssv » Jul 20, '15, 2:28 pm

I could see where it could end up being HHH and Rollins.

The whole point of why HHH brought in Lesnar was to see if Rollins could handle the "pressure", which he did not. He got his ass kicked and in all likelihood, it will not bring Rollins' ego down a peg cause he is still holding the title. Who else to do that job then "The Game" himself? He created this monster and now it's up to him to destroy it.

Not really the match I'd love to see or anything, but I could see them making it work I guess. The only thing is HHH would have to play the face here which means we would probably get face vs face between Rock and HHH at Mania.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Jul 20, '15, 2:41 pm

If it is Rollins against Triple H then who's the face?

Well, I'll answer that one myself: it's clearly Triple H. Rollins has been acting like more of a heel than anyone else on the show. He's the biggest heel they've had in years really: he's not cool or sympathetic in any way. Add the fact that he's the champion so they're unlikely to change his alignment on a whim, and that Triple H is an Attitude Era guy so we're supposed to cheer him immediately whenever required, and Rollins is clearly the one who plays the villain here.

So we'd have to watch a program designed around stroking Triple H's ego. About how he was (and is) a real wrestling superstar and Rollins is just a pretender. Lots of insufferably smug promos from a basically retired guy, once again muscling in on a championship feud and stealing heat from one of their most promising young talents.

When I think about it that way, how could I have any doubt that it'll be Triple H vs Rollins at Summerslam? :P

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby SortaCreative » Jul 20, '15, 3:28 pm

Hanley! wrote:If it is Rollins against Triple H then who's the face?

Well, I'll answer that one myself: it's clearly Triple H. Rollins has been acting like more of a heel than anyone else on the show. He's the biggest heel they've had in years really: he's not cool or sympathetic in any way. Add the fact that he's the champion so they're unlikely to change his alignment on a whim, and that Triple H is an Attitude Era guy so we're supposed to cheer him immediately whenever required, and Rollins is clearly the one who plays the villain here.

So we'd have to watch a program designed around stroking Triple H's ego. About how he was (and is) a real wrestling superstar and Rollins is just a pretender. Lots of insufferably smug promos from a basically retired guy, once again muscling in on a championship feud and stealing heat from one of their most promising young talents.

When I think about it that way, how could I have any doubt that it'll be Triple H vs Rollins at Summerslam? :P

I'm pumped for it.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Jul 20, '15, 4:00 pm

SortaCreative wrote:I'm pumped for it.

Of course you are. :P

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 21, '15, 10:20 am

Fucking Cena.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 21, '15, 11:25 am

KaiserGlider wrote:Fucking Cena.

There's a lot of this online and I'm not sure it's warranted to be honest. I mean, it's inevitable to me that Cena is at least going to tie Flair's record, and likely beat it. So he's getting the title again. Why not now? Even his biggest detractors would have to say he's coming off of his hottest run in years with the US Open stuff, if not now, when?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Jul 21, '15, 1:27 pm

There are a whole ton of reasons to not give him the championship now. For starters, his run in the mid card is revitalising him and he won't be as entertaining in the main event. In the midcard he has new people to work with, and in the main event he's played out. And it's better for him to stand aside at the moment so that WWE can establish new stars.

But I have no problem with him challenging for the belt in a title vs title match. I think it's a good fit right now. He just shouldn't win.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 21, '15, 2:06 pm

I think I would have preferred Rollins vs Kane or Triple H, at least that would have been something new. Cena's been having consistently good matches in the midcard, but everything he does follows the same formula so it's kind of hard for me to get excited for it at this point. It also seems like this feud is going be pretty boring. It hasn't gotten off to a good start, hopefully things pick up in the coming weeks so there's some kind of story.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby prophet » Jul 21, '15, 2:18 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
KaiserGlider wrote:Fucking Cena.

There's a lot of this online and I'm not sure it's warranted to be honest. I mean, it's inevitable to me that Cena is at least going to tie Flair's record, and likely beat it. So he's getting the title again. Why not now? Even his biggest detractors would have to say he's coming off of his hottest run in years with the US Open stuff, if not now, when?

You honestly think Cena should win the World Title? :facepalm

I have no problem with Cena/Rollins, I'd actually look forward to the match. I just hate the fact that Seth will be facing another opponent where he won't win clean.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby lyonssv » Jul 21, '15, 3:50 pm

Yeah....Cena was worst possible scenario for me.

I legitimately would rather have seen Kane.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » Jul 21, '15, 4:16 pm

I actually think Rollins vs. Kane would be a good match because Rollins can win clean. Plus Kane's not that bad, he doesn't work as much so he'd be fresh and ready to go. Cena vs. Rollins sounds good to me just not now. Cena will have another title reign, who he'll beat to take it I have no idea.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 209

Next

Return to WWE