It is currently: Apr 20, '24, 12:04 am

The year is 2025, who do you think is on commentary?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

The year is 2025, who do you think is on commentary?

Postby ShaneOfan » Jul 19, '15, 6:54 pm

Things change a lot in ten years, King, JBL and Booker will hopefully be gone. Cole may be as well. So (assuming no one new is hired) who do you think is at the desk every Monday, Thursday and PPV?

My guess is if any of the current guys are still around, it's gotta be Cole. I wouldn't mind seeing Edge or Y2J there in the tradition of former wrestlers.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 260

Birthday

Re: The year is 2025, who do you think is on commentary?

Postby Circled Square » Jul 19, '15, 6:56 pm

Lil B, James Franco, Jerry Seinfeld.

Nah but I'm thinking Cole will be a vet and he'll have some young'n beside him. I hope it isn't Bill Paxton or Bryan Saxon or some shit.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby ShaneOfan » Jul 19, '15, 7:01 pm

Circled Square wrote:Lil B, James Franco, Jerry Seinfeld.

Nah but I'm thinking Cole will be a vet and he'll have some young'n beside him. I hope it isn't Bill Paxton or Bryan Saxon or some shit.

Please, Paxton will be to busy being killed by a PredAliNator or avoiding a tornado while searching for a necklace to be on commentary.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 260

Birthday

Postby EmperorWu » Jul 20, '15, 3:05 am

Hornswoggle, Saxon, and Owens.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby The Legend » Jul 20, '15, 12:24 pm

Odds are they aren't in the company right now, but if I had to guess based on who is in the company right now:

Byron Saxton and Corey Graves with maybe John Cena as well.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Jul 20, '15, 12:30 pm

Lawler might still be there if he's healthy. He's been phoning it in for years. If he's still not bored enough to quit, he'll probably be content to keep on doing this until he no longer can. And if WWE haven't figured out they could do better yet, then they probably never will.

Cole is the voice of the show right now, and will probably still be there too. Though at that point they may be starting to train in a new play by play commentator with the intention of him being the new voice of the WWE. I reckon they're probably more concerned with having a younger man on play by play. I don't think they care much who's doing colour.

I could see someone like the Miz becoming a colour commentator in future. It might even be a good spot for him. Dolph Ziggler could be a remote possibility too.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 20, '15, 12:33 pm

I think it's entirely possible that Cole and JBL are both still there in 10 years. Lawler will almost certainly be gone then, he'll be pretty damn old at that point. Come to think of it Cole will be too, and we've heard in the past that Vince like his announcers to look good on TV, that's why he always tried to get rid of JR. Then again, Vince might not be in charge 10 years from now.

Of all the bunches of younger announcers they have I'm not thrilled with any of them yet. Saxton, the NXT guy, Graves, Tom Phillips, they're all decent enough but I'm not sure I could see any of them being the "Voice" of WWE.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Circled Square » Jul 20, '15, 12:35 pm

I wonder how Renee Young would do. Women commentators are hit & miss for me but I've always liked her.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 20, '15, 12:37 pm

Circled Square wrote:I wonder how Renee Young would do. Women commentators are hit & miss for me but I've always liked her.

She got some run on the NXT announce desk for a while, but that's stopped now. I never was a huge fan of her at the desk, I think she does a great job as the host/interviewer anyway and that's where she is best suited.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Jul 20, '15, 12:39 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:Of all the bunches of younger announcers they have I'm not thrilled with any of them yet. Saxton, the NXT guy, Graves, Tom Phillips, they're all decent enough but I'm not sure I could see any of them being the "Voice" of WWE.

I reckon all those guys you mentioned will end up being Josh Matthews type guys. They'll be back up commentators and will work some of the less important shows, but they're never going to ascend to be the main play by play guys of the company. I don't think we've yet been introduced to the next voice of the company.

Circled Square wrote:I wonder how Renee Young would do. Women commentators are hit & miss for me but I've always liked her.

I like her quite a bit, I think she'd do a good job. It'd be a breath of fresh air too, they've obviously never had anyone quite like her doing commentary on the main show before. But I'm almost certain that they won't give her the position. I can't see any woman taking a commentary position on the main roster in the near future.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Circled Square » Jul 20, '15, 12:41 pm

Why's that? It'd be a nice hip move for the WWE to give a woman a commentary role. Would be good for business. I can't see how she'd be worse than Lawler, my God. :lol

Last night he thought Kofi Kingston was the legal man when he wasn't. Dead silence on air, soooo awkward.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby prophet » Jul 20, '15, 1:50 pm

Cole and Punk

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to WWE