It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 12:14 am

Who would you cut?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Who would you cut?

Postby ShaneOfan » Jul 16, '15, 6:39 pm

Every year it seemed like WWE would clear house of some 10-15 guys and gals. But they have not really done that for a few years now. It has lead to a lot of dead weight right now, especially if they want to bring up more NXT guys. So who would you cut loose if you were in charge of talent?

For me it's...

Adam Rose-fell flat on the main roster and even with trying to revive him now, no one seems to care. Release him or ship him back to NXT.

Deigo and Fernando-Never really got over, their pet midget is the only reason they exist.

Jack Swagger-Hate to say it because I really like the guy, but he needs to go. Breaking him and Cesaro up hurt him. They managed to make him something when he faced Rusev but he again faded away. There is nothing for him and I don't think that will ever change.

Layla-She's hot but she's useless.

Rosa-With no Adam Rose there would be no reason to keep a dancing with the stars reject.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 260

Re: Who would you cut?

Postby The Legend » Jul 16, '15, 7:02 pm

I disagree with most of yours just because a lot of them are still young enough that they could develop into useful midcarders in the right situation. After looking at the WWE.com version of the roster, my list would be:

1. Big Show - I get wanting to show loyalty to a guy that's been a great company guy and loyal to you, but there's ways to put Big Show in a role that better suits him where he's at in his life at this point. Make him a trainer and backstage agent.

2. Christian - He's basically retired already, time to make it official.

3. Curtis Axel - He's had so many false starts and sudden stops to his career that he's done. He has no future in WWE.

4. Erick Rowan - The guy was somewhat solid as a member of the Wyatt family, but after they disbanded I just don't see a compelling way to repackage him into something interesting.

5. Jack Swagger - He's done. There's just not much they can do with him at this point.

6. Cameron - She hasn't gotten any better in her time in the company.

7. R-Truth - His career has passed the expiration date and this delusional character he's running right now isn't funny nor entertaining.

8. Summer Rae - Self-explanatory.

9. Zack Ryder - He was great at one point, but it's done now. Also his character has pretty much reached his expiration date as well.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 16, '15, 7:10 pm

Hmm. It's hard to say who really "deserves" to get cut. A few I can think of where it may be beneficial to both parties.

1) Swagger: When he became the American Patriot against Rusev, defending the US honour, and then proceeded to get his ass kicked repeatedly right when he was his most over as a face. That was the end of him as a character in my opinion. I decent hand, and I suppose he could stick around as a low card jobber. He may have more fun elsewhere.

2) Show/Kane/Henry: All three of these guys are similar in that they've had long careers, done pretty much all there is, and are part of the old guard that probably has to go before WWE can really move on to the next stage of their company.

3) Rosa/Layla/Cameron: Easy Diva departures for me. Layla had a good run, but she's barely used and clearly they've got no plans for her going forward. Rose is pretty much useless and always has been. If she can't wrestle or talk, time to go. If Cameron isn't on Total Divas, she's got no value either. They don't even want her in matches on Raw or SD.

4) R Truth: He's actually pretty funny when he gets the chance. But he's a part of the late 00's midcard era that seems out of place and could easily be replaced by someone from NXT like Tyler Breeze who has long term potential.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Jul 16, '15, 8:17 pm

I am wondering if WWE is trying a new possibly cheaper option with their talent. I assume in the past that when they let people go they had to buy out the rest of their contracts. Now it seems that WWE is either letting talents contracts run out or not booking them at all until they just leave on their own. That way they aren't on the hook for compensation. They are independent contractors so this may not exactly be the case.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Jul 16, '15, 8:23 pm

DBSoT wrote:I am wondering if WWE is trying a new possibly cheaper option with their talent. I assume in the past that when they let people go they had to buy out the rest of their contracts. Now it seems that WWE is either letting talents contracts run out or not booking them at all until they just leave on their own. That way they aren't on the hook for compensation. They are independent contractors so this may not exactly be the case.

I remember reading at some point that the reason the WWE stopped doing mass firings was connected to Linda McMahon and her attempts to run for the senate. It wasn't doing her any favors on discussion of economy or employment to be associated with a company did regularly scheduled periodic mass firing of employees.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 18, '15, 8:36 am

1. Eva Marie - What's the point? She's done nothing worth noting. How can you be a character on Total Divas without even being a Diva?

2. Eva Marie - I'm really tired of seeing her brothers dumb faces.

3. Eva Marie - Her parents, too.

4. Eva Marie - Eva Marie stinks.

5. Jack Swagger - And also Eva Marie.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby SlightlyJames » Jul 18, '15, 9:02 am

ShaneOfan wrote:Rosa-With no Adam Rose there would be no reason to keep a dancing with the stars reject.

Even with Rose there's no need for Rosa to be around. Absolutely awful, fire her regardless.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Return to WWE