It is currently: May 16, '24, 2:52 pm

Will Seth Rollins be the top heel in the WWE for years to come?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Will Seth Rollins be the top heel in the WWE for years to come?

Postby Viazon » Jul 11, '15, 6:00 am

He has been doing a great job lately. And I really can't see anyone else who would be better as the job. The fact that they have given him the Pedigree as a finisher shows that they certainly think that way. I think he can be in the same vein as Triple H.

I'm still not sure who will be the no. 1 top face in the upcoming years. There are so many with that potential. But I think without a doubt, Seth will be the top heel.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Re: Will Seth Rollins be the top heel in the WWE for years to come?

Postby PorkChop » Jul 11, '15, 6:06 am

Yeah, absolutely.

He looks the part, is great in the ring and on the mic. Triple H seems to like him as well - he wouldn't give his finisher to just anybody. The fact that Rollins wasn't de-pushed after pics of his boner circulated on the internet also suggests that they seem to quite like him.

*awaits @Vaderbomb to threaten posting the picture*

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby Viazon » Jul 11, '15, 6:13 am

To be fair though, who doesn't have dick pics floating around on the internet somewhere.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Postby Hanley! » Jul 11, '15, 7:50 am

Personally, I think the Pedigree is doing him no favours whatsoever. Him using it makes Triple H look like the company's top heel. Not Seth Rollins. When Triple H became the top heel in the company 15 years ago, he wasn't using Sweet Chin Music as his finisher.

I do think Rollins has all the talent and ability in the world to be the company's top heel, and I think he could be in that spot for a while. His moveset gives him scope to turn face down the line too, but I think his appearance and ability to act smug and slimy makes him a natural fit for a heel right now.

That being said, I don't think they're booking him well enough for him to really cement his place on top. The in-fighting with the Authority has been a distraction. He's not presented as being on the same level of Triple H or even Stephanie when it comes to star power. And he's been given very few really memorable, heelish moments.

When he threatened to break Edge's neck to make Cena bring the Authority back, that was awesome. I was hoping to see more of that ruthless, scheming attitude from him. Instead most of his segments are dumb comedy and don't make me inclined to take him seriously.

So I think he can be good in this spot, and I think I'd prefer him in the spot than anyone else. But I still think they're kinda making a balls of it. He needs to be less of a joke, he needs his own finisher, and really I think he needs to be separated from the Authority. I'd love to see the Authority lose power, and then Rollins can turn on Triple H and write him off the show for a while, because if Triple H isn't in charge, then he's of no use to Rollins anymore.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 11, '15, 8:13 am

I think he'll be one of the top heels for sure, but I think it's possible Owens passes him for #1 heel at some point in the next couple years.

I'm seemingly one of the few who doesn't mind how he's been booked as the weaselly, whiny heel who runs and barely scrapes by with the title. It's very old school and he does great in that role. I think it might even fit him better than being a heel who's booked to be better than everyone else and outclass them.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 11, '15, 8:49 am

Seth Rollins is going to turn face before SummerSlam.

For Night of Champions he's going to turn face behind the underside of his cock.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Messiah » Jul 11, '15, 11:36 pm

Maybe if Kevin Owens retires.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Hanley! » Jul 12, '15, 3:38 am

Str8Shooter wrote:I think he'll be one of the top heels for sure, but I think it's possible Owens passes him for #1 heel at some point in the next couple years.

I'm seemingly one of the few who doesn't mind how he's been booked as the weaselly, whiny heel who runs and barely scrapes by with the title. It's very old school and he does great in that role. I think it might even fit him better than being a heel who's booked to be better than everyone else and outclass them.

I don't mind him in the whiny heel role. I'm not saying he should be winning all his matches clean. But they could make him look like less of a joke.

Take Edge as a recent example. He was the company's top heel and had a similar persona. But he wasn't a complete chump. When he had a stable, he was the leader of the stable. He didn't use anyone else's finisher. He wasn't constantly put in comedy segments meant to undermine his credibility. Usually you would believe that he wasn't tough enough to beat his face rival clean, but it was still easy enough to take him seriously as a top guy. I feel like they're preventing Rollins from getting to that place.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Tom » Jul 12, '15, 9:25 am

Hanley! wrote:Personally, I think the Pedigree is doing him no favours whatsoever. Him using it makes Triple H look like the company's top heel. Not Seth Rollins. When Triple H became the top heel in the company 15 years ago, he wasn't using Sweet Chin Music as his finisher.

I do think Rollins has all the talent and ability in the world to be the company's top heel, and I think he could be in that spot for a while. His moveset gives him scope to turn face down the line too, but I think his appearance and ability to act smug and slimy makes him a natural fit for a heel right now.

That being said, I don't think they're booking him well enough for him to really cement his place on top. The in-fighting with the Authority has been a distraction. He's not presented as being on the same level of Triple H or even Stephanie when it comes to star power. And he's been given very few really memorable, heelish moments.

When he threatened to break Edge's neck to make Cena bring the Authority back, that was awesome. I was hoping to see more of that ruthless, scheming attitude from him. Instead most of his segments are dumb comedy and don't make me inclined to take him seriously.

So I think he can be good in this spot, and I think I'd prefer him in the spot than anyone else. But I still think they're kinda making a balls of it. He needs to be less of a joke, he needs his own finisher, and really I think he needs to be separated from the Authority. I'd love to see the Authority lose power, and then Rollins can turn on Triple H and write him off the show for a while, because if Triple H isn't in charge, then he's of no use to Rollins anymore.

Pretty much said what I was going to say. The reality is that using the pedigree is preventing Rollins from standing out on his own in the company. He is pretty much in Triple H's shadow, and if your in someone else's shadow it's always going to be hard to be the face of the company!

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 23

Postby Circled Square » Jul 12, '15, 2:36 pm

I miss the Curb Stomp...it was Seth's move, it was cool. Very heel type of move IMO. Like Orton's skull punt. I think Seth can be both a face and a heel.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Return to WWE