It is currently: May 04, '24, 2:55 am

Dolph Ziggler signs multi-year deal

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Dolph Ziggler signs multi-year deal

Postby SKS » Jun 26, '15, 8:35 pm

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/94681/ ... t.html?p=1

According to PWinsider, at least. I really hope he doesn't leave, because he's one of my favorites.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 266

Re: Dolph Ziggler signs multi-year deal

Postby Locke » Jun 27, '15, 10:47 am

I was kind of interested to see how he'd operate at TNA. He'd be so fucking rockstar in a main scene.. even in TNA. I just hate that WWE treat him no better than Santino.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 137

Postby Circled Square » Jun 27, '15, 10:52 am

Locke wrote:I was kind of interested to see how he'd operate at TNA. He'd be so fucking rockstar in a main scene.. even in TNA. I just hate that WWE treat him no better than Santino.

God no. TNA is terrible. Would hate to see Ziggler go there. Lucha Underground? That'd be cool.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Locke » Jun 27, '15, 12:14 pm

TNA has been better in the last few months than it has been in years. Still, given their track record, it would be a gamble at best for Ziggler.. but at least he'd be the main star.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby KaiserGlider » Jun 27, '15, 12:23 pm

I think Ziggler would have done really good in TNA and quickly established himself as one of the top stars there. I'm disappointed that he's staying in WWE because he's gotten stale and it's clear they have no intention of pushing him.

Last edited by KaiserGlider on Jun 27, '15, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby EmperorWu » Jun 27, '15, 3:16 pm

Circled Square wrote:
Locke wrote:I was kind of interested to see how he'd operate at TNA. He'd be so fucking rockstar in a main scene.. even in TNA. I just hate that WWE treat him no better than Santino.

God no. TNA is terrible. Would hate to see Ziggler go there. Lucha Underground? That'd be cool.

TNA isn't really as bad as people seem to think. I find it funny that WWE get's infinite chances from people, yet TNA is considered perpetually horrible. Even though some people haven't seen it in years. Not to say that's you. I think Dolph would fit in better in TNA than LU.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Circled Square » Jun 27, '15, 3:26 pm

EmperorWu wrote:
Circled Square wrote:

TNA isn't really as bad as people seem to think. I find it funny that WWE get's infinite chances from people, yet TNA is considered perpetually horrible. Even though some people haven't seen it in years. Not to say that's you. I think Dolph would fit in better in TNA than LU.

TNA was such shit the last time I watched it, about a year ago exactly.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby KaiserGlider » Jun 27, '15, 4:12 pm

Circled Square wrote:
EmperorWu wrote:
Circled Square wrote:

TNA was such shit the last time I watched it, about a year ago exactly.

That's exactly around the time things turned around and the product became consistently good.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Circled Square » Jun 27, '15, 4:14 pm

Great. Just my luck, I watch about 3 months of garbage-tier TNA and it gets better right when I get fed up with it. :banghead

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Hanley! » Jun 27, '15, 6:50 pm

I think people want TNA to be competition to WWE and rise up heroically and become a massive success. So as soon as they make a single misstep, people shit all over them and give up on the product. Rather than just enjoying the show for what it is, people take any failure at all as a sign that they're never going to compete with WWE (which they shouldn't even be thinking about at this point anyway), and use that as a reason to not care about the show.

TNA is often better than WWE. I imagine it's better right now, given how little has been happening in WWE as of late. It was better back around 2012/2013, which is when I last watched it frequently (it got shit around the end of 2013 so we had to give up watching it). But because WWE is a bigger, safer, more established show, it gets a lot more chances from the fans. TNA has to prove itself, while WWE does not.

That being said, TNA does have specific problems that it keeps running into that are pretty irritating. Sometimes it just goes for really weird, zany ideas just to be different, which don't really work. They sometimes release people before the angles they have going can pay off. They have a tendency to move through important moments too quickly, so the big moments lack any real weight. And they often have trouble building momentum with an idea because they change things up so frequently to try and find that one thing that will make them successful, rather than building slowly on an idea over a long period.

I heard earlier that they're thinking of introducing a "King of the Mountain Championship", and that's stupid in such a specifically TNA kind of way.

Personally, I'd rather Dolph Ziggler stay in WWE. Why? Because despite the company often using him badly, and despite a lot of fans kinda giving up on him by now as a result, I still think he has the potential to be a huge player within the WWE. I don't think he has to go to a smaller company to be a headliner, he just needs to be booked right. So my preference would be for WWE to just book him right. If they're never going to do that though, I wouldn't mind seeing him in TNA or Lucha Underground.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE