It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 8:34 pm

How long will it take for Kevin Owens to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

How long will it take for Kevin Owens to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship?

Postby Viazon » Jun 05, '15, 2:48 pm

How long do you think it will take? They are obviously very high on him. After all, he is what they want. A big guy who can actually wrestler. He isn't bad on the mic as well. He has been great as a heel and from what I have seen from him in the indies, he is equally as good at playing the face.

They have pushed him really quickly. He won the NXT title after only two months. His call up to the main card happened really quickly and he beat John Cena clean. It doesn't get much bigger than that. They obviously have big plans for him.

Do you think him winning it by Wrestlemania would be too bold of a statement?

Last edited by Viazon on Jun 05, '15, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Re: How long will it take for Kevin Owens to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship?

Postby Hanley! » Jun 05, '15, 2:58 pm

Yes. He could maybe do it in two years, but by Wrestlemania is unrealistic, when you look at who is likely to be in the picture and how long it realistically takes to establish a title contender in WWE these days. That being said, Owens has a better chance at winning the big prize than most guys on his level. I'd bet on him being the first current NXT guy to win the championship. He could even do it soon. But not within a few months soon. I don't think that's realistic.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Re: How long will it take for Kevin Owens to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship?

Postby Highwayman » Jun 05, '15, 3:20 pm

Jumping the gun a bit there, but it is within reason for him to become WWE champ by 2016. Late 2016.

2017 at most
probably 2018

Lord, I was born a ramblin' man...
Highwayman None specified
Gym Rat
Gym Rat

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Topics: 3

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 05, '15, 5:15 pm

If he wins it by next year's Mania will fans turn on him because he was shoved down our throats and given too much too soon? :D

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Viazon » Jun 05, '15, 5:23 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:If he wins it by next year's Mania will fans turn on him because he was shoved down our throats and given too much too soon? :D

Maybe. But that would be a good thing. Because he is a heel. I always thought that any character who is being shoved down our throats would best be a heel. Makes it easier for us to hate him.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Postby Hanley! » Jun 05, '15, 6:14 pm

Viazon wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:If he wins it by next year's Mania will fans turn on him because he was shoved down our throats and given too much too soon? :D

Maybe. But that would be a good thing. Because he is a heel. I always thought that any character who is being shoved down our throats would best be a heel. Makes it easier for us to hate him.

This is what I was gonna say, but you got there first. A fast push can work well for the right kind of heel. For faces it's a harder sell. To make a real star heel, all you need to do is get fans to hate them. Preferably a lot. And having them look instantly dominant is a good way to do this. Monster heels can come in and work as main eventers within a few months if booked strong enough, because they're strong and mean and scary. You believe them as threats and you hate them for their attitude, and because it all seems to be coming so easy to them.

Faces are different. To get a face over on that main event level, you need to forge a connection. The fans need to relate to them and see them as sympathetic. And in 99% of cases, building that kind of relationship is going to take time. Faces tend to get more of a response when fans have to learn to love them gradually.

So I think pushing heels quickly is smarter booking and almost always works better than doing so with faces. But I still don't think Owens should be world champ within a year. That's too quick. In a couple of years, I'd be cool with it.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby JPG619 » Jun 05, '15, 6:36 pm

I just hope they don't jump the gun and give him the title right away. They need to build him up first. I hate when someone who been in the WWE for years and never even giving a US or IC title match and guys that work a few matches get a WWE Championship match.

I like Owens in NXT but I don't think he worked hard enough yet to get a WWE Championship matches.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 06, '15, 10:42 am

I get that you're trolling a bit but I'll bite. Pushing Owens quickly on the main roster to become World Champion would work because:

1.) Unlike Reigns, hee's a heel.

2.) Unlike Reigns, he's been pro since 2000.

3.) Kevin Owens can use both of those facts to his advantage as a character. If the mainstream fans turn on him, it would be a great swerve for him to continue to grow as a heel. His true fan base is dedicated enough that he would never get the Roman Reigns treatment. He'd likely get a very loud, mixed (mostly negative) reaction which is perfect for him to work with as the champion.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby lyonssv » Jun 07, '15, 7:23 pm

As fast as they are pushing him and how strong they are making him look, it would not surprise if me if he is in the WWEWHC picture this time next year. I do not think this is a bad thing, the guy is awesome. And I do not think he would get the Reigns treatment either since he is a heel.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 13

Return to WWE