It is currently: May 15, '24, 3:12 am

Another ****ing free month?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Another ****ing free month?

Postby DBSoT » Jun 01, '15, 9:40 am

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/WWE ... _June.html

This is getting ridiculous. I pay for this service, i am getting annoyed that they keep handing it out to everyone for free. Or at least change the model. Something like, if you sign up you get the first month free.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: Another ****ing free month?

Postby Everlong » Jun 01, '15, 9:48 am

Yeah man I can't blame you for being pissed, I would be too if I was a paying subscriber and people kept getting it handed to them.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Jun 01, '15, 9:50 am

We've already been over this twice, but there's really nothing to complain about here that I can see. This is just a free trial for a month. Loads of other companies do it, Netflix being the obvious comparison. It's a good business tactic for trying to hook new subscribers and it benefits the fans as much as the company itself.

The only difference is that they're giving people a calendar month free, rather than simply giving 30 free days from the day you sign up. There's a really obvious reason for this though, given the way the WWE schedule works.

1) They don't want people just signing up to get Wrestlemania for free, because that's a show that people will pay money for. In fact, so much of WWE's business model revolves around making money from this one show. They're probably willing to offer the free month trial for every month except March/April, depending on when Wrestlemania is showing.

2) They probably don't want people carefully signing up at a particular time so that they can get an extra pay per view for free. Given the usual schedule, getting a certain calendar month for free usually means one free pay per view (and maybe a Network special these days too). But if you only ordered the Network the night of a pay per view, and got 30 days free afterwards, then you'd likely end up getting two pay per views for free. Which doesn't suit the company.

This makes sense. They're giving to the fans, but want to do so without being shafted. I see nothing wrong with this. And as a paying subscriber, you've probably already enjoyed a free month anyway. Which means you've gotten just as much out of this deal as everyone else. This isn't something that fans can do multiple times. People can only avail of this offer once.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Locke » Jun 01, '15, 9:51 am

It's so pointless I can't even be bothered to check it out even though it's free. That's how bad that is.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby The Legend » Jun 01, '15, 9:56 am

Hanley pretty much hit everything on the nose. If they just gave 30 days free when you signed up then anybody that signed up at any point you'd get at least 2 PPV's free this year. If you'd signed up before Payback then the customer would have gotten Payback, Elimination Chamber and Money in the Bank all free.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Jun 01, '15, 10:10 am

Didn't people who signed up when they first put out the service though have to commit to six months, and they only had a free week?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Jun 01, '15, 10:40 am

Everlong wrote:Didn't people who signed up when they first put out the service though have to commit to six months, and they only had a free week?

We did have to commit six months, but I thought it was a free month still then. I don't remember for sure though.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Locke » Jun 01, '15, 1:20 pm

The Legend wrote:
Everlong wrote:Didn't people who signed up when they first put out the service though have to commit to six months, and they only had a free week?

We did have to commit six months, but I thought it was a free month still then. I don't remember for sure though.

Nope, was only 7 days.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Hanley! » Jun 01, '15, 1:31 pm

Fair enough, if that's the case I can see why some people would feel hard done by. But at the same time, this is incredibly common practice in commerce: a company comes up with a new promotional tactic that gives new customers better terms than the older customers. And for a new venture like the WWE Network, it was always likely the way they promoted it would change over time.

I dunno, I just don't see a cause for outrage here. WWE do a lot of stuff that pisses me off when it comes to their business practices, but these free months reflect the kind of promotion that is being done throughout the rest of the market also. It's smart business, and nobody is getting fucked over.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Viazon » Jun 01, '15, 3:33 pm

Yeah I'm with Hanley here. I don't understand why so many people are getting annoyed with this. So many companies or services offer the first month free. My first month was free.This is clearly to try and bring more subscribers in, which as Hanley stated is common practice for most companies.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby War Daddy » Jun 01, '15, 3:45 pm

Just cancel your subscription like I did and get a new free month every time.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby EmperorWu » Jun 01, '15, 3:55 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:Just cancel your subscription like I did and get a new free month every time.

Does that actually work? Or do you make a different account with another email? Do you need to enter credit card info when subscribing for your free month? Do they keep trace of that, or just the email used to register?

I hope WWE isn't that dumb.

I have been on the Network for a long while now, almost since the beginning. I had to do a couple of the 6 month commitments before they switched to monthly. I never got a free month, and I don't recall getting a free week. Anyway I couldn't give a shit if the WWE gives out free months. It makes lots of sense to entice people into checking it out. It only helps me since it helps keep the Network alive, I think it's a good value and will continue to subscribe. So if it doesn't die, I'll be more than happy with people getting free months. I don't see the justification for getting angry. 9.99 is hardly a rip off if you use the network regularly like I do. Also as far as I'm aware it's only the first month free. Unless you create a new account with a different email, credit card info, and ip address, you can't milk the system. That all depends on what info WWE actually keeps track of. They should keep the first month free forever frankly.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby War Daddy » Jun 01, '15, 3:59 pm

EmperorWu wrote:
Alpha Beast wrote:Just cancel your subscription like I did and get a new free month every time.

Does that actually work? Or do you make a different account with another email? Do you need to enter credit card info when subscribing for your free month? Do they keep trace of that, or just the email used to register?

I hope WWE isn't that dumb.

I have been on the Network for a long while now, almost since the beginning. I had to do a couple of the 6 month commitments before they switched to monthly. I never got a free month, and I don't recall getting a free week. Anyway I couldn't give a shit if the WWE gives out free months. It makes lots of sense to entice people into checking it out. It only helps me since it helps keep the Network alive, I think it's a good value and will continue to subscribe. So if it doesn't die, I'll be more than happy with people getting free months. I don't see the justification for getting angry. 9.99 is hardly a rip off if you use the network regularly like I do. Also as far as I'm aware it's only the first month free. Unless you create a new account with a different email, credit card info, and ip address, you can't milk the system. That all depends on what info WWE actually keeps track of. They should keep the first month free forever frankly.

I canceled it before last year's Rumble. Ever since then I'd get an email inviting me back for a month, I would use it, then cancel again. And they would send another. I really never used it for more than a few matches I wanted to see. My guess is the inconsistent use compared to others helps or something.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby JPG619 » Jun 01, '15, 10:05 pm

The funny things I read online and people complain about free stuff but all services always give free months for new people so this is not new. If people want the free months just keep creating new account and get your free months.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Return to WWE