It is currently: May 04, '24, 12:43 pm

Sheamus to win the Intercontinental Championship?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Sheamus to win the Intercontinental Championship?

Postby VaderBomb » May 29, '15, 10:25 am

Based on the roundtable predictions, it seems as if everybody thinks Sheamus is winning the IC Championship this Sunday.

I missed Raw earlier this week (was hiking a mountain), and was wondering if there is any specific reason for these predictions other than the fact that he just returned with a sweet new look and character and could use a championship to reinforce the fact that he's back and supposedly better than ever.

I too believe that Sheamus could win this match but Ziggler or Rusev are top candidates, as well. The only issue for Ziggler is that he's essentially feuding with both Sheamus and Rusev, meaning he's probably going to get his ass beat.

Is there anybody who believes that somebody else besides Sheamus is walking out of the Chamber with the strap?

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: Sheamus to win the Intercontinental Championship?

Postby SlightlyJames » May 29, '15, 11:05 am

I can't say I'm a fan of Sheamus at all but looking at the other candidates in the match he seems like the most sensible choice. He's definitely the one who looks the strongest right now and between him and Rusev he's probably the one who'd have more to do with the belt. Whether or not he's champion Rusev will keep doing his thing with Lana and whoever she's dating at the time.

EDIT: Also it just occurred to me that Rusev is injured, supposedly. Not sure how severe it is but yeah, whether or not he can take part in the match I doubt he wins.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby Locke » May 29, '15, 11:26 am

Sheamus, wake up and realize..

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby VaderBomb » May 29, '15, 2:12 pm

I've actually enjoyed Sheamus a lot since his return. It's pretty much the only time throughout his career that I've been a fan.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Postby PorkChop » May 29, '15, 2:14 pm

VaderBomb wrote:I've actually enjoyed Sheamus a lot since his return. It's pretty much the only time throughout his career that I've been a fan.

He looks much better as well. His beard is great.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Kirbi » May 29, '15, 3:45 pm

I was a fan of his family reunion with Beaker.

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby Hanley! » May 29, '15, 3:53 pm

Sheamus has been an underrated wrestler for years. His character was often bland, which caused people to overlook just how awesome he is in the ring. He's honestly one of the best in ring guys on the main roster, and has been for years. It's great to have a good worker at that size too, he can give you a different kind of match. In a couple of years, I'm hoping Luke Harper will be in a similar position.

And now Sheamus has the character to match his in-ring skills. He's outstanding in his role right now. His promos have been entertaining, the matches have been quality and his mannerisms in and around the ring have been fantastic. The segment where he was going to be forced to kiss Ziggler's ass was some of the best wrestling television I've seen in a while, due to how Sheamus played it up to the crowd. He's easily the best heel on the roster right now. Actually he's the best character on the roster in general right now. I'd love to say Rollins is that guy, but he's not getting the same material to work with.

Part of the reason I think people are guessing Sheamus to win is because he's been so damn good lately and they're clearly pushing him. The other reason though, is I believe some arena was advertising him as the Intercontinental Champion for a live event shortly after the Chamber.

It is the right call though. He should be winning this match.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby SortaCreative » May 29, '15, 5:43 pm

I've always loved Sheamus as a worker. His character was shit. But now it's great. His music is boss. FEEEEELLLLLLLAAAAAAAA

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to WWE