It is currently: May 06, '24, 12:15 am

Your Wrestlemania 30 card

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Your Wrestlemania 30 card

Postby Settee » Nov 20, '13, 10:08 pm

What would you book for the WM 30 card? I would have...

CM Punk (WWE Champ) vs Cena (WHC) vs Daniel Bryan (RR Winner) triple threat unification match
Undertaker vs Lesnar
Cody Rhodes vs Goldust
Ambrose (US champ) vs Rollins vs Reigns
Real Americans (Tag Champs) vs Usos
Randy Orton vs Triple H
Rey Mysterio vs Sami Zayn
Christian vs Axel vs Fandango vs Big E (IC champ) Fatal Four way elimination Title Match
AJ (Divas champ) vs Natalya

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 49

Re: Your Wrestlemania 30 card

Postby Westcoastvibes » Nov 20, '13, 10:19 pm

Settee321 wrote:What would you book for the WM 30 card? I would have...

CM Punk (WWE Champ) vs Cena (WHC) vs Daniel Bryan (RR Winner) triple threat unification match
Undertaker vs Lesnar
Cody Rhodes vs Goldust
Randy Orton vs Triple H
Christian vs Axel vs Fandango vs Big E (IC champ) Fatal Four way elimination Title Match

That's actually not that bad, I don't know how well taker/Brock would do though. Its an awesome idea for a match, 10 years ago - taker can barely wrestle 1 match a year and I as a fan want the best match I can get out of him. I don't know who would do that off the top of my head but I know Brock is just way to stiff of a worker for taker in this era

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 98

Postby JPG619 » Nov 20, '13, 10:20 pm

Undertaker vs Lesnar
Cody Rhodes vs Goldust
Randy Orton vs Triple H

I really like your card, I would order Mania if this card was used

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Settee » Nov 20, '13, 10:36 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:

Undertaker vs Lesnar
Cody Rhodes vs Goldust
Randy Orton vs Triple H

That's actually not that bad, I don't know how well taker/Brock would do though. Its an awesome idea for a match, 10 years ago - taker can barely wrestle 1 match a year and I as a fan want the best match I can get out of him. I don't know who would do that off the top of my head but I know Brock is just way to stiff of a worker for taker in this era

I would book the Taker match as Undertaker's final match and his toughest opponent to date. I would have the two of them go all out and have Taker come out on top and retire with the streak intact.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Nov 21, '13, 7:34 pm

Pre-Show Match Tag Title Match

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Nov 21, '13, 8:21 pm

Okay, I'll give this a go. But I'm going to provide a little context to each match, because I think too often the company itself throws together dream matches without bothering to think of a story, and then they just cobble that together at the last minute. In my mind, the story is at least half of what makes a match great.

A few of these decisions might be controversial, but it's definitely a show that people would be interested in and that they would be talking about afterwards. I'm going to try and get everyone important that's on the full-time roster on here. And I figure given 7 matches is probably average for a regular pay per view, I should have about 8-9 for this one. Sound fair? Cool.

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP UNIFICATION MATCH: John Cena v Randy Orton v CM Punk

So this match would involve a heel turn by Cena. He'd turn at the Royal Rumble if not before, to align with Triple H's Authority group. It would be him showing his true colours (only loyal to the company and not to the fans). Triple H gushes over Cena as the face of the company and Orton takes this as a slight. Though both men will remain aligned to the Authority, there will be tension between them. Eventually Orton starts to say that there can only be one face of the company and pushes for title unification (both men still hold the titles they hold now). Triple H decides that would be best for business. But Punk wins the Royal Rumble and he wants in on the action too - he represents a face of the company that the fans actually want.

Punk would win the match to end the night on a feel good moment. He'd probably pin Randy Orton, because Cena's recent heel turn would make him a character that would be appearing in the main event of a lot of shows for the foreseeable future.

NO DISQUALIFICATION MATCH: Daniel Bryan vs Kane

While Bryan deserves a spot in the main event, he doesn't fit into that spot right now. Not after what they've done with him over the last few months. So this is a good way to further his story and prepare him for a repeat feud with a now heel Cena over the summer months. A feud with Kane is good for Bryan, because they have a history together that never really turned into a feud (from what I understand). It also will demonstrate how far his character has come since Team Hell No. And finally it keeps his feud with the Authority going and lets him come out of it not looking like a chump.

Bryan wins this match - a match with some spectacular bumps. The holy shit moment of the night should probably be in here. Kane is still fit enough to take some hard hits, but Bryan would obviously take most of the larger bumps, making his win feel all the more impressive by the time he pulls it off.

STREAK ON THE LINE: Undertaker vs Dean Ambrose

Dean Ambrose seems to be pretty popular and is mentioned by just about every WWE road agent in interviews when they're asked who they think the next big guy could be. He's also one of the few heels even approaching credible enough to face Undertaker at the moment. So the build up to this match would feature the Shield trying to bully Undertaker, just to show how tough they are. Dean Ambrose in particular will do some pretty despicable things to him. But around this time, we'd also start to tease dissension in the ranks, with Rollins and Reigns starting to fall out with Ambrose.

During the match, we have a standard ref bump and it looks like Ambrose is going to take advantage of it when the other members of the Shield hit the ring. People will think they're going to stop him. But after Undertaker gets back on his feet to attack Ambrose, all three men attack him. Beat down. Triple powerbomb. Pin. The streak is over. All three men take credit afterwards for ending the streak and it furthers their push. But eventually Ambrose starts to think he's bigger than the group because he beat the Undertaker and that WILL lead to their collapse over the summer.

SINGLES MATCH: Brock Lesnar vs Dolph Ziggler

This one is going to be a pretty basic story. Lesnar returns in the Royal Rumble match. He tears shit up and throws out a bunch of people until a load of wrestlers gang up on him and throw him from the ring. Which leads to a pissed off Lesnar. He throws a tantrum at ringside, throwing stuff around and destroying a couple of wrestlers who are also recovering on the outside of the ring. Over the next few weeks, he continues on his rampage. He's in a bad mood and he's taking it out on the whole locker room, just beating people up for sport. Until finally Ziggler stands up to him.

The match would just be Lesnar in beast mode and Ziggler selling the fuck out of everything, like only he can. It'd be a heroic performance from Ziggler, with him making Lesnar look unstoppable but just refusing to stay down. Eventually Ziggler would pick up a sneaky win, allowing for the feud to continue.

SINGLES MATCH: Goldust vs Cody Rhodes

So my idea for this match is for Goldust to play the reluctant heel. Somehow Triple H is able to get something over Dusty and threatens to fire/expose/whatever him unless his two sons comply with the Authority and do their evil bidding. Cody is unable to go along with this. But Goldust does not want to be estranged from his father again (as he was in the 90s) so he becomes a heel for the Authority. It's implied he doesn't want to be doing the terrible things that he's doing, but Goldust will remain stoic through everything. Like he's shut down his emotions entirely. This should be the case from the Royal Rumble at the latest.

The match itself would have Cody trying to get through to Goldust, with Goldust ignoring him and fighting aggressively. But as the match settles into a routine, Goldust is starting to enjoy himself more and getting into the reactions from the crowd. He's just soaking in the moment of finally getting the match against his brother at Wrestlemania that he always wanted. So the match will start aggressively, but turn into a classic match. After Cody wins both brothers will hug and soak up the crowd reaction. Triple H comes out to lecture Goldust and ends up getting beaten up by the brothers.

TITLE UNIFICATION MATCH: Big E Langston vs Alberto Del Rio vs Bray Wyatt vs Big Show

I actually had to look up who was Intercontinental and US champion at the moment. Given my plans for Ambrose, lets say he loses the US title to Big Show before the Royal Rumble. That means Langston & Big Show are the champions. At the Royal Rumble, Langston can eliminate Bray Wyatt only to be destroyed by the rest of the Wyatt Family - kicking off a mini-feud between the two. On an episode of Raw, during an IC title match between Langston and Del Rio, the Wyatt Family attack Langston leading to a DQ. Now Del Rio is pissed off because he missed his title opportunity. So the following week he interrupts a US title match between Big Show and Bray.

All four guys are now pissed at each other and Del Rio & Bray feel they've both been screwed out of title opportunities. Triple H decides it would be best for business to unify the titles and a fatal fourway is booked. Bray Wyatt can win the match to become the new sole mid-card title holder.

WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP LADDER MATCH: AJ vs Tamina Snuka vs Natalya

Natalya wins the title from AJ a couple of months before Wrestlemania after some miscommunication between AJ and Tamina. Over the coming weeks, Tamina begins to grow frustrated by AJ belittling her and blaming her for the title loss. Meanwhile, AJ has a rematch set for Wrestlemania and is so confident that she'll reclaim her title that she is tricked into allowing Natalya to pick the stipulation. Natalya makes the match a ladder match - but with an extra twist. She makes it a triple threat and includes Tamina. This is done deliberately to cause further tension between the two, who break their alliance completely before Wrestlemania.

Honestly, I'd probably have AJ win the title back here. I follow very little of the Diva stuff, but it does seem she's the best thing to happen to the division in a long time. However, by making it a ladder match they'd have a chance to show the world that they're ushering in a new era of female wrestling and if the match goes down well, Tamina and Natalya would be well established for the future also.

TAG TEAM TITLE GAUNTLET: The Real Americans vs Rey Mysterio & Tyson Kidd vs Prime Time Players vs The Usos vs The Shield vs Los Matadors

This would just be an opportunity to show off the depth of the tag division and hopefully develop a couple of meaningful feuds to run into the summer months. I'd also use it to really hammer one of the face teams over. I'm putting Mysterio in this match, because due to his injury prone nature lately he can't be trusted in anything bigger. For that reason, I wouldn't let him & Kidd win this match either probably. I'd focus on pushing the Usos instead.

So the Usos should be in this match from the start. They could start against Mysterio & Kidd and have a long match against them and pick up a surprise win. Then they can tackle the other teams one by one until they come to the last team: The Shield. They'll have a good 10 minute match with the Usos finally being beaten by the Shield at the last minute due to being so exhausted from such a long match. It'll get them over, but build sympathy for them at the same time and could mark the start of a new feud once Wrestlemania is over.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Something like that. I've not been watching much WWE and most of this is just off the top of my head, but if they booked this show I know that I'd personally want to watch it. And isn't that what counts in the end? :P

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby VaderBomb » Nov 26, '13, 7:34 am

I'm going to mix up some of what I think may happen mixed with some stuff I'd like to see, to make a solid yet realistic card.

The backstory: Cena beats Orton and wins the unified WWE/WHC championship at TLC. Cena vs Orton have a Steel Cage rematch at the Rumble with Cena winning once again, taking Orton out of the title picture. Meanwhile, in the Royal Rumble match, it comes down to the final two. Bryan and Punk. After a solid 5-7 minutes of the two of them putting on the best final minutes of a Rumble we've ever seen, Bryan manages to eliminate Punk. Following the Rumble on Raw, Punk comes out to congratulate Bryan on his win, but with Bryan's slight cockiness and the thought process that he is now "the best", Punk gets annoyed. Punk ends up winning the WWE Championship in the Elimination Chamber, leading up to the match that all of us want to see. Cena gets brutally attacked by Orton which rekindles their feud for one final match at WrestleMania.

CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan (Unified WWE/WHC Championship)

John Cena (w/ Vince McMahon) vs Randy Orton (w/ Triple H and Steph) Special Referee: Shawn Michaels (Last Man Standing match for the #1 contendership)

The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan) vs The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns)

The Undertaker vs Antonio Cesaro

Brock Lesnar (w/ corporate Kane) vs Ryback (w/ Big Show)

Cody Rhodes vs Goldust

Big E. Langston vs Mark Henry

Damien Sandow vs Dolph Ziggler vs Curtis Axel vs Fandango (IC Championship)

Alberto Del Rio vs Sheamus

AJ Lee vs Natalya vs Brie Bella vs Naomi (Diva's Championship)

Winners: Bryan, Cena, The Wyatt Family (The Shield break up within match), The Undertaker (no chance he's losing at this point), Lesnar (close fight making Ryback look great), Cody Rhodes, Big E. Langston, Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus, Brie Bella

You could realistically switch out Cesaro, Del Rio and Sheamus' positions, but I'd much rather see Cesaro face Undertaker. At this point in time though, Del Rio or Sheamus seems more likely.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby prophet » Dec 10, '13, 11:31 am

I'm not going to make my own card because they always wind up being too difficult especially this year with all the rumours of Goldberg, Hogan, Sting etc all possibly appearing. So instead I'll just throw 4 matches out there and see if you like the sound of them!

Triple Threat - Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose vs Roman Reigns

The seeds have already been planted for the split of The Shield so I'd probably drag it out slowly until Wrestlemania and open the show in style.

Streak on the Line - The Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt

I've said for months that I'd want to see Taker face Cena at Wrestlemania but I can't see that happening so the next ideal opponent I can think of is Bray Wyatt. None of Taker's mind-games would work on Bray and if anything it'd be Wyatt getting into Undertaker's head which would be an interesting shift of dynamics psychologically.

Unified WWE Title - John Cena vs CM Punk, HHH as the Special Referee

Punk wins the Rumble and opts to face Cena at Wrestlemania however The Authority put obstacles in his way to stop him from making it to 'Mania at all. He has to face Triple H at Elimination Chamber and manages to get the win with Cena's help. Despite Cena's insistence that he wants a fair match where the best man will win Triple H appoints himself as the referee for the match. At WM30 we finally get the long awaited Cena heel-turn that everyone wants to see, he aligns with The Authority and together they screw CM Punk to close the show.

Student vs Teacher - Daniel Bryan vs Shawn Michaels

I've not really given much thought to how I'd want this feud to go but I'd be desperate for this to happen. There's so much for them to work with and if Michaels got himself into ring shape they could have one hell of a match. I'd have HBK play the heel and his motivation for constantly burying Bryan boils down to pure jealousy that his student may be better than him.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby The Legend » Dec 10, '13, 11:41 am

I'd say the least likely is Bray vs Undertaker. I just don't think Bray is a big enough deal for the WWE to put him against Taker at Mania. There was a time when Undertaker would just beat midcarders for his streak, but that was put to an end almost a decade ago.

Also, I'm not sure if the Shield will be able to stay together long enough to make it to a feud at WrestleMania and have their split still be interesting. Also, if they do it, I hope that it's for a title because non-title triple threats are kind of awkward to me.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Dec 10, '13, 12:54 pm

Bray versus Undertaker is interesting in theory for sure, but I agree with John that Bray needs a lot more build before he can be credible at that level.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby prophet » Dec 11, '13, 5:17 pm

^

Yeah pitting Wyatt against Taker is a complete long-shot but I was trying to think of someone they're high on that would make a for an interesting feud and Wyatt would certainly be that although I've never actually seen the guy wrestle.

My list for eligible Undertaker opponents would probably be Cena, Sting, Bryan, Lesnar, Jericho in that order.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Hanley! » Dec 11, '13, 5:37 pm

^^ I could think of a lot of people more suitable than Jericho. He's a star of yesteryear that hasn't really maintained any of his star power. And he hasn't worked a main event type spot in years, which leaves him lacking in credibility. It's a combination of two well known names, but I'm not sure they'd have much chemistry, it's definitely not a must see match, and there would be no doubt in anybody's mind who would win. I don't really see the appeal honestly.

Then again, I'm far less in love with Jericho than much of the internet, so that could play a contributing factor.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby prophet » Dec 11, '13, 6:03 pm

Hanley! wrote:^^ I could think of a lot of people more suitable than Jericho. He's a star of yesteryear that hasn't really maintained any of his star power. And he hasn't worked a main event type spot in years, which leaves him lacking in credibility. It's a combination of two well known names, but I'm not sure they'd have much chemistry, it's definitely not a must see match, and there would be no doubt in anybody's mind who would win. I don't really see the appeal honestly.

Then again, I'm far less in love with Jericho than much of the internet, so that could play a contributing factor.

Yeah I just threw Jericho on the end of that list as a personal preference really. If we were talking people who should end the streak right now I'd say Roman Reigns would be a good shout.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby MCBlair » Dec 28, '13, 10:34 am

Tag Team Gauntlet match - Primetime players vs 3MB vs Rybaxel vs MysteriShow vs Usos vs Wyatt Family(c)
The Wyatts win the titles from Cody and Goldust. Run riot over the division. Come Mania all the teams put in a guantlett. Eliminations in order.... 3MB by Primetimeplayers, Primetimeplayers by Rybaxel, Rybaxel by mysteriShow, Mysterishow by Wyatts due to Bray's interference... Then out come the Uso's, as it looks like Bray is about to get involved out comes RIKISHI to help his sons win the tag team titles. Fast paced opener with a feel good ending to kick off the show.

Henry vs Big E(c) vs ADR(c) vs Miz vs Kofi (INT & US Title)
Good way to fit all these guys in. A two falls match, first wins the US second the INT. Not sure who would come out as champions but would be a fun match.

Real Americans vs Christian & Santino - Special guest ref Hulk Hogan
TBH the match is just an excuse for the postmatch Big boot and leg drop by Hogan on Zeb Coulter.Build up around being a real American. A referee makes a mistake causing Christian and Santino to beat the Real Americans previously on raw. Zeb insists on a real American referee, proclaiming himself the obvious choice... then Hogans music hits.

AJ Lee vs LITA or TRISH(Div title)
WWE should be throwing money at these two to arrange this match for Mania. Storyline is similar to Rock vs Punk last year. The returner whoever it is would win to end the streak, stick around for a short period then drop the title to another diva (Paige perhaps)

Rhodes vs Goldust
Explains itself really. Either face vs face respect match or one turns on the other. I feel Goldust will get cheered regardless therefore to avoid Cody getting the Cena face treatment I would probs opt for Cody turning heel only for the brothers to reconcile after the match. Rhodes Wins

Ambrose vs Reigns vs Rollins
Again quite obvious what happens here. Reigns and Ambrose fall out - have reigns look more like the face. Rollins tries to make them stick together before getting annoyed at the other two perceiving him as irrelevant. I'd want Rollins to come across as the face by the end of the match. Ambrose Wins

Sheamus vs Lesnar
Lesnar returns at Rumble, is eliminating everything that moves. Out comes Sheamus. The Irishman shocks the world by eliminating Lesnar. Lesnar does not take kindly and the two have the typical brutally physical Lesnar build. LESNAR Wins
HHH vs Punk
HHH screws Punk in title match at Elimination Chamber. Punk challenges him and gradually gets him to accept.
Orton(c) vs Bryan vs Batista(WWE TITLE)
HHH and Orton clash over Orton needing help to stay champion. Batista put in match as potential Orton replacement as HHH's champion(Batista playing a face/tweener). Also to lessen Bryans odds of winning. Bryan is rumble winner and wins the title.
Cena vs Taker
Can't think of a better WM30 Main event than this. The crowd would be electric. The storyline would be Cena, after defeating Rock last year then failing to win the WWE title wants to go down in history, respectfully challenges Taker..... After a grueling match CENA ENDS THE STREAK thanks to interference from Corperate Kane. The fun would be Cena isn't aware of the intereference and still maskerades as the good guy until around Summerslam... Where he turns heel vs Bryan and admits he was aware of interference at Mania leading to a tile vs retirment match with taker at SS.

MCBlair None specified
Mark
Mark

Postby prophet » Dec 28, '13, 11:44 am

^

Really like that card. Although I'd have Cena turn heel at Wrestlemania and have them both in an 'I Quit' match.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby MCBlair » Dec 30, '13, 3:37 pm

^ Yeah I wouldn't mind that way. Just think it would be extra fun if Cena still tries to act the face when he is obviously heel. Trolling the crowd even more than usual. Realized i left Sandow and Ziggler off the card, add them to the INT and US title match.

I would debate switching Batista and Seamus around. Just worried if Batista and Lesnar are both part time it could turn into Lesnar vs Goldberg 2.0

MCBlair None specified
Mark
Mark

Postby prophet » Dec 30, '13, 3:39 pm

MCBlair wrote:^ Yeah I wouldn't mind that way. Just think it would be extra fun if Cena still tries to act the face when he is obviously heel. Trolling the crowd even more than usual. Realized i left Sandow and Ziggler off the card, add them to the INT and US title match.

I would debate switching Batista and Seamus around. Just worried if Batista and Lesnar are both part time it could turn into Lesnar vs Goldberg 2.0

I wouldn't have thought so. Lesnar vs Goldberg was only dogshit because they were both leaving the company after the match and the whole crowd knew and were chanting about it the whole way through. That being said I'd rather see Sheamus vs Lesnar/Batista than Brock/Teesty.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby KaiserGlider » Dec 30, '13, 11:18 pm

After the events of Raw, I see Lesnar vs Bryan being a very possible headliner. Cena beats Orton at the Rumble, then Lesnar beats Cena, Bryan wins the rumble, beats Lesnar for the belt(s) at Wrestlemania. Cena can go wrestle Taker.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Settee » Jan 04, '14, 12:09 am

KaiserGlider wrote:After the events of Raw, I see Lesnar vs Bryan being a very possible headliner. Cena beats Orton at the Rumble, then Lesnar beats Cena, Bryan wins the rumble, beats Lesnar for the belt(s) at Wrestlemania. Cena can go wrestle Taker.

That would be pretty awesome, It would be quite unexpected which would be the best part. I would love to see Lesnar win the title in the elimination chamber too.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Feb 11, '14, 1:52 pm

Thought I'd bump this now so we can see old bookings, as well as give new ones.

Here's what my card would look like at this point (note: it ignores any current stories that are in play)

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Daniel Bryan def. Brock Lesnar (c)

CM Punk def. Triple H in a Hell in a Cell match (threw this in just for funsies)

Randy Orton def. Batista

Bray Wyatt (w/ Wyatt Family) def. John Cena

Roman Reigns def. Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose in a 2-on-1 Handicap Match
OR
Roman Reigns (w/ The Shield) def. Undertaker

Cody Rhodes def. Goldust

Sheamus def. Kane

WWE Tag Team Championships
The Usos def. The New Age Outlaws (c)

Some random Divas bullshit

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Next

Return to WWE