It is currently: May 08, '24, 8:43 pm

WWE's other viewership issue

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

WWE's other viewership issue

Postby DBSoT » Mar 25, '15, 10:18 am

We already have discussed the fact that people seem to not be happy with the mania build and some of the matches put in place, but what about their competition on Sunday. Wrestlemania is going to be going head to hear with the season finale of The Walking Dead. Now I know some posters have taken a step back from TWD, but remember that this is the same show that beat Sunday Night Football in ratings. This is the most watched TV show in the US and with it being the season finale there is going to be an even bigger premium to watch it. So how much will TWD finale cut into live viewership. Please also be aware that this will be tough to judge because of the WWE network and people can watch mania later.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: WWE's other viewership issue

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 25, '15, 11:32 am

I don't think it's that big of a deal. Doesn't AMC show the replay of the newest episode after Talking Dead? That's what I'm going to do, watch Mania until 9:50 or so local time, then the replay of TWD is at 10, it works perfectly.

EDIT: actually the episode is an hour and a half, so it's probably at 10:30.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby SlightlyJames » Mar 25, '15, 12:20 pm

Last couple of years I believe they went up against Game of Thrones and were fine. It probably won't be an issue.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby The Legend » Mar 25, '15, 12:29 pm

Also, don't discount the role of DVR's in this scenario. WrestleMania will be on for two hours before Walking Dead people will probably watch all of Mania they want to see and then switch to it if they so choose. The main event may be hurt, but not really that much I would guess.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to WWE